Cuffs' Botched Sugery

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
As some of you know from my past thread, I had a date for surgery to repair my distal bicep tendon that had ruptured. I've been a way for a while and going through a lot of personal crap, which is the reason for no update. So, I thought I'd come back and let you all know what's up.

I had surgery on July 23. My Ortho surgeon reattached the left distal bicep tendon after an hour and forty minute surgery. Oh, and I have pics that I can post up later. Anyways, 4 days later, my bicep tendon ruptured again while it was in stable and in a hard cast. Also, as a result of the surgery, I can not straighten my left fingers, as the muscle that controls the forearm and hand is not working. I am able to grip things and have all feeling. I am going through physical therapy 3 times per week, but after 4 weeks, there has been no progress. I am seeing a new doc who has told me if my nerves come back, it will be at around the 3 month mark. If not, then I have to go through a different type fo surgery to graft a nerve and possibly a tendon transfer so I am able to use my thumb. My new doc has released me to begin full workouts once again.

Basically, my first doc screwed me up worse than I was when I had first seen him. He botched the surgery by not doing a tendon graft and stretching my tendon way too tight. It was inevitable that the tendon would have ruptured once again. I'm not sure what the F he did to mess up my nerves. Hopefully it is scar tissue that will break up and allow the nerves to regenerate.

Now I have three huge scars along with a deformed arm and limited use of my hand and forearm. I belong to another site that keeps track of this particular type of injury and surgery. Out of over 170 docummented surgeries, I am the only one to have it rupture once again. I am also the only one with the other complications as well.

I'm just glad I dont play guitar, or piano for a living.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, that has been on my mind. The doc that performed the surgery has been having his nurse call me every two weeks to see how I am doing. I tell her the same thing each time...I'm in pain 24/7 since the day of surgery and there has been no progress. I know he is very concerned, not only about me, but about a potential lawsuit as well.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I would call around to some big firms and see if you can get a free consult.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
if there are so many successes with the surgery, and yours got screwed up I would say the doc didn't know what he was doing. I say that because like you said he didn't do the graft, which would only make sense.

I hope this next doc can get you on your path back to 100% man.

Best of luck bro.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
Unbelievable....I wish you the best possible recovery.

holy

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
Sorry to hear cuffs :( wishing you a speedy recovery

Mrs. Gimpy!

Mrs. Gimpy!

Awards
  • Established
:blink: i am so so sorry to hear about your surgery. when do you plan on getting it seen by someone else? has the doctor offered to try and fix the problem?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Old Witch Anabolics 36
Iceman013 Cycle Logs 12
Anabolics 31
Cuffs General Chat 116