Which is better?

• Total voters
thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's been a while since I've made a completely stupid poll in the general chat section, so I figured I'm overdue.

I figured pancakes vs. waffles would be a good one. Which one do you think is better? Don't be afraid to think out of the box when coming to your decision by rating them on such grounds other than what you like to eat. For instance, which one would be better to play frisbee with? Below, I made a few writeups (ramblings) explaining the differences of pancakes and waffles. Since people who live under rocks understand the differences between pancakes and waffles, if you really need to read them, I don't know what you live under.

Pancakes
Utilizing the Leidenfrost effect, pancakes are flat pieces of dough, which take form while they hover atop a hot skillet. These require more skill to cook properly because the person cooking them needs to recognize when and how flip the pancake without spilling the uncooked batter on the top end all over the place, leading to deformed pancakes. Although they are typically quite circular, the randomness in which the pancake takes its shape leads to aerodynamic defects, making it a poor choice as a projectile. For argument's sake, crepes will be considered pancakes in this poll. Crepes are basically really flat pancakes, with a large diameter, that get rolled up like a taco. They originate from France. French Toast does not originate from France, but it also has nothing to do with this poll.

Waffles
Waffles, the anal-retentive version of the pancake, have a much greater attentiveness to detail. Waffles utilize a special mold, commonly referred to as a waffle iron. Provided the waffle iron is filled with enough batter, the waffles will come out the same size, shape, and # of gridmarks each time. Of importance to the waffles design is the gridmarks. These small, often square shaped, depressions along the waffles surface allow for greater uptake of maple syrup, as well as minimize the formation of a fluid boundary layer when the waffle is airborn, enhancing it's effectiveness as a projectile. Because most waffle irons offer either a square or circular shape, the symmetry also adds to their effectiveness as a projectile. Some waffle-irons, however, come in strange shapes ranging from dinosaur shapes to mickey mouse. Based on the assumption that people under the age of 13 (let alone 6) aren't allowed to join internet forums, it is assumed that the members taking this poll don't eat such waffles. Their kids might. I can only hope their kids aren't in high school. You might get beat up if you eat Mickey Mouse waffles before band practice, by the precussion section.

raginfcktard

raginfcktard

Awards
  • Established
Waffels....although i do dabble in pancakes i like the crispyness of the WAFFEL

danTman2

Awards
  • Established
hmm u look at popular breakfast foods from an interesting perpective, i'd have to ponder this. They both have their goods and bads. With waffles the grids act as high volume aunt jamima holders so u get more syrup goodness, with pancakes u can make whip cream faces and put all kinds of crazy **** on them.
However it has been well documented that waffles never really fully digest..rather,they post up inside the digestive tract and continue molding into the the container its in, this is until they break down into a chemical commonly found in fungus causing internal bleeding down the spine until settling at the base of the prostate in raw crystalline form.
Pancakes have been shown to make people smell like a kilo pile of maca and fenugreek powder.

mind bottling

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Pancakes. Gimme a heapin stack of pancakes with lotsa real butter and real maple syrup. Screw cholesterol and insulin spikes!

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
belguim waffles.. hell yea..

but i love my daily pancakes with peanut butter

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
gotta say cakes man, you can make em as big and thick as you want... waffles your limited to the grill.... but you can poop em out faster...

Ah I like em both... but gotta say pancakes.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
Waffles are for girls....LOL....and small children.

holy

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Waffles, if cooked correctly so as to form a crispy edge, can be substituted, in an emergency, out for the blade of a mill saw thereby making it the superior choice.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
Waffles, if cooked correctly so as to form a crispy edge, can be substituted, in an emergency, out for the blade of a mill saw thereby making it the superior choice.
We have a winner! LOL

holy

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you use a little less batter than needed, it won't fill through all of the gridlines, forming a sort of seration where the grids are only partially full. Excellent for building treehouses or disposing of dead bodies.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you use a little less batter than needed, it won't fill through all of the gridlines, forming a sort of seration where the grids are only partially full. Excellent for building treehouses or disposing of dead bodies.
And...if you used MORE batter than needed, the waffle will grow so huge that you can then use the smaller, crispy waffle to hollow it out and either live inside, ala James and the Giant Peach, or dispose of said dead bodies inside as well.

Quite the diverse breakfast food.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Or, if you are in West "BY GOD" Virginia, its Buckwheat cakes. Wich reminds me, the Buckwheat festival is only 2 or 3 weeks away. I'll go eat my bodyweight in buckwheat cakes!

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
And...if you used MORE batter than needed, the waffle will grow so huge that you can then use the smaller, crispy waffle to hollow it out and either live inside, ala James and the Giant Peach, or dispose of said dead bodies inside as well.

Quite the diverse breakfast food.
From past experiences, I have to stress putting a sealcoating on the waffle; otherwise, it begins to deteriorate when it rains. Whatever is left over after the rain is later eaten up by mold and other fungus which grow in the moisture. If you use a rye-based batter, you're waffle-home will more than likely become infected with Claviceps Purpurea, which is hallicunogenic fungus.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
ISome waffle-irons, however, come in strange shapes ranging from dinosaur shapes to mickey mouse.
Until I find a waffle iron capable of making Jamie Eason, Stacy Keibler or Jessica Alba shapes, I'll have to vote pancakes. I don't care what people think - I'd never be too old to butter up buns like that. :p

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dude, I'm imagining you licking the maple syrup out of an ass-shaped waffle. Not a pleasant picture.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
Dude, I'm imagining you licking the maple syrup out of an ass-shaped waffle. Not a pleasant picture.
Would it help if I used natural raw unpasteurized honey or yogurt instead?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You don't need to tell. From your previous posts so far, this is very much implied.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0M8fJQGJeE"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

I will let you go, Ricky. But first, I want you to say..."I... love... crepes."

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
wheat pancakes. i take aunt j's, and add 2 scopps of chocalate whey to the mixure, make about 12, let them cool, put 2 each in ziplock bags,take 5 pieces of cooked turkey bacon (also in a ziplock bag). when i get to work, spray one pancake with spray butter and make a protein pancake sandwich with the turkey bacon...MMMMM

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Soggy waffles are the devil. This reminds me I need to go buy some flour lol, got nothing here just lots of oats atm.

When I don't have any whipped topping, dipping the waffles made on my george foreman into some berry yogurt is quite yummy too!