Disaster Movie- Possibly Worst Movie of all time

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
This is just a friendly warning to any one who is considering seeing this movie. Dont do it. I feel it just might have been the worst movie I have ever seen, after about a half hour, I got up and went and got my money back and left. I had a little free time to kill and I was really looking forward to a silly, goofy spoof movie, similar to Scary Movie, Date Movie or Meet the Spartans, which I did enjoy. Even those were clearly not blockbusters like the Godfather, but they all had their comedic moments. Instead the movie is weak, the jokes are stale, something about the timing, or the delivery just seemed off and the fake cameo portrayals of celebrities are just not funny. Even the actors dont seem like they want to be there when the camera is on them.

buff18

buff18

Awards
The recent spoof movies have been horrid. I'd rather go see The Dark Knight again in IMAX than see a movie I know is going to blow.

The Dark Knight was amazing, I've seen it 3 times!

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
The recent spoof movies have been horrid. I'd rather go see The Dark Knight again in IMAX than see a movie I know is going to blow.

It was good, but overrated, imo. Ran much too long.

joeflex73

joeflex73

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Not surprised. They'll have another equally awful sequel soon I am sure.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I dont understand how these movies keep getting made.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
Those spoof movies are getting progressively worse. The first couple of times they were kind of original, and they had a few laughs. Now they are just more proof of how unoriginal Hollywood really is.

At this rate we will soon see spoofs of the spoof movies.

MuscleHeadGuy

Banned
Awards
These movie spoofs continue to get worse and worse.

Hbs6

Hbs6

Awards
  • Established
I dont understand how these movies keep getting made.
Thats what i have been wondering...there has been like 5 of those that are basically the same thing...where does the money come from?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thats what i have been wondering...there has been like 5 of those that are basically the same thing...where does the money come from?
It's a sign of the apocalypse...populace gets dumber and dumber, and the inane is deified.

This movie probably has what plants crave.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
I saw Tropical Thunder, and I think it can give it a running for worst movie ever...

holy

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
WHAT!!!! I thought Tropic Thunder was awesome! One of the best performances Ive seen of Robert Downey. ^^^you are the first person Ive heard say they didnt like the movie:think:

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
Really? There were several of us from the gym who went, and before you knew it, we werent even watching anymore. We had started talking amongst ourselves and had completely forgotten about the movie...I like Robert Downey and Ben Stiller....I just didnt think it was funny.

holy

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
hmm I guess its wasnt for everyone. I liked it but I did think it was tooo long.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
WHAT!!!! I thought Tropic Thunder was awesome! One of the best performances Ive seen of Robert Downey. ^^^you are the first person Ive heard say they didnt like the movie:think:
It's a sign of the apocalypse...populace gets dumber and dumber, and the inane is deified.

:lol: :lol:

Tropic thunder ****ing sucked....that movie was ****ing horrible, 20 mins in I turned it off and watched Hannibal/2001.

vpower

vpower

Awards
  • Established
Those spoof movies are getting progressively worse. The first couple of times they were kind of original, and they had a few laughs. Now they are just more proof of how unoriginal Hollywood really is.

I think you may have something here^

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established

Electrolytes!

I have been convinced for some time that we are in fact living in Idiocracy

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
What about the new Max Payne movie...

Wahlberg tends to do decent movies.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
What about the new Max Payne movie...

Wahlberg tends to do decent movies.
Max Payne was one of my favorite video games. If Marky Mark can stay true to Max I will be pleased.

buff18

buff18

Awards
It was good, but overrated, imo. Ran much too long.
Well I've seen it 3 times so I don't share the same opinion. To me, it flows insanely fast...not many slow moments, tons of information to keep in your head, and it was never predictable. The screenplay IMO was flawless, and if you cut the movie down in length then that leaves it open for plot holes. So you bascially have to cram all of that information in there, or you end up leaving yourself open to a movie that doesn't make sense.

As for being overrated, yeah it's quite possible that it is. It's not everyone's idea of a great movie, but I think we can all agree that it was entertaining enough, thrilling and ultimately thought provoking. It was the best summer movie, hands down. Everything else was disappointing to say the least.

All I was saying though, is I'd rather go see a movie I know was good and keeps getting better each time I watch it...then to watch utter crap. The more people watch that crap, the more craptastic movies they will make. I'd rather have more films such as The Dark Knight...so I will give it my business instead.

dustinhxc

dustinhxc

Awards
  • Established
I love every scary movie, I love dumb comedies like that. BUT this movie looks stupid as hell.

dustinhxc

dustinhxc

Awards
  • Established
:lol: :lol:

Tropic thunder ****ing sucked....that movie was ****ing horrible, 20 mins in I turned it off and watched Hannibal/2001.
WHAT! tropic thunder was hilarious. id pay to see it again forsure. loved it. :nutkick:

dustinhxc

dustinhxc

Awards
  • Established

hell yes i saw dark night at IMAX too. that movie rules. :bb3:

Brooklyn

Awards
Spoof Movies

The problem is almost all of the recent movies of this type have been made by the same people.

Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer were two out of six writers of the first Scary Movie and were the weak link in that film... These idiots are responsible for Date Movie, Epic Movie, Meet the Spartans and Disaster Movie, which describes pretty much all of the material they've authored. They make Michael Bay look like a cinematic genius.

The other, only slightly less unfunny films like Scary Movie 3/4 and Superhero Movie essentially belong to a guy named Craig Mazin, who also wrote Senseless and RocketMan.

Note that the film Not Another Teen Movie, which actually was funny, if quite crude, had nothing to do with any of these writers. One of the main writers on that film is also involved with Extreme Movie, which comes out December 5.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

Not Another Teenage I Know What you Did Last Summer With That American Pie As Spartans Movie.