Hurls has returned... and just can't get enough AM!!

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Yes, it's true. My Alaskan adventure is now over. It was pretty damn awesome and I saw some crazy stuff. I caught some pretty monster salmon too. All in all it was a great summer. (For those who don't know - or have forgotten, I've spent the last 3 1/2 months working at an Alaskan fishing lodge doing general maintenance) But now I'm home and can get back to my AMing again! So anyways, here's a few picks of my summer. Glad to be back fellas (and Crader)

The Lodge:

The Bear:

The Fish:

Now... off to some threads!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
F*CK YEAH! Welcome back bro!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welcome back man!

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Welcome back! Looks like the fishing was awesome!

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
What the fukc were u doing in alaska...lol, welcome back bro.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Konichiwa hurls. Welcome back bro. :D

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Who's the sexy ***** in your avy?
Since when was ***** a bad word?

***** |bi ch |
noun
1 a female dog, wolf, fox, or otter.
2 informal derogatory a woman whom one dislikes or considers to be malicious or unpleasant.
• [in sing. ] informal a thing or situation that is unpleasant or difficult

express displeasure; grumble : they ***** about everything | [as n. ] ( *****ing) we're tired of your *****ing.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
DUDE! welcome back man.
Good to see you made it back too!
Go get caught up man.
Back to the weights!

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Thanks fellas! It's great to be back in AM-land. B unit, I'm sure there's a few good gyms around town, but I was in the middle of "the bush" so my weights consisted of kegs and propane tanks (oh, and reeling in 40-50 pound fish :)). It's gonna be so nice to get back in a real gym. Thanks again for the warm welcome back guys.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
How many new posts did you have when first logged in? 433498923489203489072432 ?

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
It prolly just said..
"good fukcing luck catching up"
haha
Not much went on around here.
Boxmeman was recently found out with most the props goign to ReaperX
We now have an Anonymous section.
Universal/Animal Nutrition is now here along with i-Force and a few others.
ME and TexasLifter89 set up a BBing show on here.
not much else i can remember.

That place looks very nice, i was thinking the lodge was going to be bigger, maybe 20-40 rooms. Not a actuall little 3-4 bedroom lodge.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Twitch. Sounds like the place didn't fall apart without me :) I'll have to check out these new products. Oh, and thats just a pic of the main lodge. There were about 10 smaller cabins around the main lodge. Also a boathouse, a fish house, and staff housing (known as Guideville) It was pretty cool, but it's good to be back to civilization.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Welcome back! The pictures are pretty. Love the bear cruising through!Looks like an interesting experience. How did you like it, what all did you do?

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Welcome back! The pictures are pretty. Love the bear cruising through!Looks like an interesting experience. How did you like it, what all did you do?
I really enjoyed Alaska. It was a great way to pass the summer months. As for what I did - I did general maintenance around the lodge (i.e. take freight to and from planes, monitor/fill gas and propane tanks, repairs when needed, some landscaping, and just about anything else that needed to be done involving tools) I stayed pretty busy :)

I also got to fish (obviously) whenever I got the chance. I helped set up a raft trip which involved flying into a remote creek in the Alaskan Range, and then hauling gear up and down a mountain. I also did some traveling during my last few days in Alaska. I went to Seward and saw the fishing boats and piers - and a glacier. I went to Walsilla and Palmer where I attended the Alaskan State Fair. I also went to Denali National Park and viewed Mt. McKinley. And I spent my very last day just perusing around Anchorage. It had a blast!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice to have you around again, Hurley!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's the Nevernude Rep! What a great way to spend your summer, man I would love that...

you'll be sending all of us some of that wild-caught salmon of course, to help make sure we're getting our epa and dha, right? ;)

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
It's the Nevernude Rep! What a great way to spend your summer, man I would love that...

you'll be sending all of us some of that wild-caught salmon of course, to help make sure we're getting our epa and dha, right? ;)
If only I could man! Getting those fish anywhere costs an arm and a leg! I had my King Salmon (pictured above) processed and shipped home and that cost me over $120. So, I decided to fly my 4 Silvers home with me. That saved me so much:

Duffel Bag - $10
Ice Packs - $5
Check Extra Bag - $25
Total - $40

So I got 4 fish home for a 3rd of the price of having them processed. Those guys must make a killing with all the fish they process. But yeah, if I was rich, my whole AM family would be eating salmon :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hope you ate some raw salmon right after pulling the suckas out of the river.

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I hope you ate some raw salmon right after pulling the suckas out of the river.
Heh... I did have some sushi made from one of my fishes, but believe it or not, we had some Japanese pro fisherman (The Shimano Team) come stay with us, and they ate the eyes/eggs of the fish they caught immediately. Right on the bank. Then they ate the rest of it, raw, back at the lodge.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would have had to cut a piece out of one and eat it right there. just to pretend I was a bear :)

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Actually, as long as the fish's scales are still pretty chrome, the flesh inside will probably taste pretty good.

When their scales are red and their head is black - thats when it's gonna taste gross.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I actually meant eating the eyes and eggs - I'm not real partial to caviar. Sashimi, on the other hand - eating the salmon raw like you were talking about - that is delicious :thumbsup: