you fav. compact/subcompact handgun

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
????? 9mm
YES GUNS!!!!!

Sig Sauer P239, no contest.

Although I do carry a Sig P226 9mm all the time, with a back 2" barrel .357 magnum Taurus, concealed hammer, safe for pocket carry.

I love my Sig Pistols, Sig makes the best ****ing pistols no doubt about it, I dunno about their rifles, although the improved SIG556 looks really good, with the new gas release system, etc....

Another thing I love about the Sig, other than reliability, accuracy, etc.... that there is no manual safeties, I ****ing hate manual safeties, the only safety my Sigs have are a hammer decocker, basically no safety, the best safety you can get with a Sig is your brain.

The only drawback is their price sometimes, but if you're serious about buying one I can hook you up with FFLs that have great deals and Sig's certified pre-owned guns, my 226 was a certified pre-owned, 6 hour factory test, 1 year warranty, great gun, thousands of rounds down range, no problem, I'm thinking a certified pre-owned P239, would be around $400-650 with a warranty and all.

I'm actually looking at their P220, almost same design as a 226, same safety, etc... but a .45 ACP, 30% bigger than a 9mm, an 11mm, 30% more chance of hitting vital organs with more energy @ 230grain.

If you're looking for cheaper pistols there's the Beretta's, they make good compact and sub compact 9s.

But I would go to the Sig 239, great pistol, never had to use it in a situation, but I trusted it with my life, literally.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Warning: Anyone who recommends Glock will be negged in every post they make on this forum.

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
hahaha i was looking at the g36.. currently i have a walther ppk .380 and a kimber 1911 .45

id really like something a little more tactical... something smaller than the 1911 but with a rail for a light and laser.. ive never really looked at the sigs.... im gunna google em right now.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hahaha i was looking at the g36.. currently i have a walther ppk .380 and a kimber 1911 .45

id really like something a little more tactical... something smaller than the 1911 but with a rail for a light and laser.. ive never really looked at the sigs.... im gunna google em right now.
Sig is the answer, what is the question?

P220 carry:

The P220 Carry is the latest step in the evolution of the P220 – the most accurate out-of-the-box .45 – and a perfect choice when it’s time to carry the ‘big caliber.’ This “commander” sized pistol features a full size frame with short slide and 3.9” barrel making it ideal for concealed carry. And like any P220 it performs above and beyond because the SIG SAUER® design allows for unparalleled performance regardless of bullet type or weight. This 8+1 capacity single stack pistol is available in a DA/SA configuration and features a durable Nitron® finish, Picatinny rail, and either post and dot contrast or 3-dot SIGLITE® night sights.

When I looked up the G36 and found out it was a Glock, I had bad feelings about you, I was thinking about killing you if you buy a Glock, but I'll just have to delete you from friends list, real friends don't let friends buy Glocks.

P220, .45 ACP, "CARRY". includes rail for light/laser combo, very high quality, by insight.

Show Product Details

P220, Same as above, but Equinox, beautiful.

Show Product Details

And this is my next gun, FULL SIZE P220, Equinox.

Show Product Details

Looks like the P220 carry is perfect for you, small enough for carry, .45 ACP, rail for light/laser combo, or you can use laser grips, exact same size factory grips and will fit in any holster made for the 220, laser built in, by Crimson Trace or another company, forgot the name, this is for less bulkier carry, or you can always keep the light/laser combo in your pocket or something and attach it if something happens and you have time to do it, laser target acquisition is much easier.

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
hahahahaa im just brainstormin.... dont trip... that 1911 is sure to tear holes through flesh.. soo if u do feel like runnin up on me... ill be ready ;)

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hahahahaa im just brainstormin.... dont trip... that 1911 is sure to tear holes through flesh.. soo if u do feel like runnin up on me... ill be ready ;)
And that's why Savage Arms makes 7.62X54 Sniper Rifles :lol:

I like the 1911 but I wouldn't carry it concealed, the cocked & locked carry way is great, but if that lever moves the pressure needed on that trigger is very little, which is why I like the 220, if you need it single it's right there, not, decocker, after the initial trigger pull, you put the rounds down range like it's heavy rain.

I'm just trying to help out and give a non-biased review.

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
ohh hell ya.. i was just joshin with u.... u honestly got me lookin into those sigs. . i dont carry my 1911 ... its really just my closet monster!!lol that p220 is definatly a gun i would like to buy. i just have to give it time make sure its right... after all... its a big commitment!

but ya... thats why this thread is here, speak ur mind homie. lol

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ohh hell ya.. i was just joshin with u.... u honestly got me lookin into those sigs. . i dont carry my 1911 ... its really just my closet monster!!lol that p220 is definatly a gun i would like to buy. i just have to give it time make sure its right... after all... its a big commitment!

but ya... thats why this thread is here, speak ur mind homie. lol
You know Navy SEALS carry the Sig P226, The secret service, Department of Homeland Security, Federal Air Marshalls, Texas Rangers, Defense Intelligence Agency(DIA), Coast Guard, TONS of Police Departments across the nation, etc.....

That speaks for the quality of these pistols, I try to keep "collector" guns to a minimum and have use for every gun I have, that way, I can afford the best each time.

Before I bought my first formal carry gun, P226, I shot about 15 pistols first, a week at the range, thousands of round and a smaller bank account :lol:, I have a range 20 mins away that has rentals, pistols, rifles, full auto, etc....

I've never met someone who regretted buying a Sig, the only bad thing about Sig guns is that you always want to buy another one.

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
well ill definatly keep that in mind... thats some good info to

know.. i have my licence so whenever im out in the brush i

keep my 1911 and whenever im in city i usually carry my ppk..

u have to baby the ppk alot though. LOTS A LUBE!.. thats

why i wanted a bigger cal. mabey something a little more

rugged...my dad shoots an hk2000 which is nice but only he is

on point with it... how about rifles... i was leaning towards..

the m4a3, or the m21? whats ur opinion.... something for

home, yet something i can take hunting.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
im too fast
Run Straight for cover, Zig Zagging your way to cover makes you a target for longer :D

If you're looking for a Sniper Rifle check out Savage Arms .308 Accu Trigger, LE model, it's comparable to sniper rifles that cost $2,000+....

I remember getting my first scoped air rifle, I killed about 20 rabbits and squirrels that day :lol:

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
well ill definatly keep that in mind... thats some good info to know.. i have my licence so whenever im out in the brush i keep my 1911 and whenever im in city i usually carry my ppk.. u have to baby the ppk aloth though. LOTS A LUBE!.. thats why i wanted a cal. in the middle... my dad shoots an hk2000 which is nice but only he is on point with it... how about rifles... i was leaning towards.. the m4a3, or the m21? whats ur opinion.... something for home, yet something i can take hunting.
Order a Lube/Cleaner Called "Strike Hold" costs about $15 and if you shoot a whole lot of ammo, it'll last about a year!

Never had a malfunction, didn't even clean the Sig after 3,000 rounds :lol: and it worked flawlessly after a quick lube job.

Can you even hunt with these rifles? In FL you can't have more than a 3-5 round bolt action if you're hunting, Semi-Autos are not allowed the last time I checked but I haven't gone hunting in too long.

Something for Home/hunting......Not a good combo IMO.

Even if you're allowed to hunt with a Semi-Auto, a .308 round is not ideal in home defense, although a .223 has less chance of over penetration than a 9mm in a study done by the FBI.

You're sleeping in bed, hear a noise, you pick up your rifle, already in your house, aware of my noise, I freeze and anticipate movement, your barrel announces your presence, I **** the hammer and shoot you in the head the second it pops up.

Now, same scenario, you take your 1911 instead, hide behind a corner, look rapidly, know I'm there and take cover or formulate a plan, or just wait in the corner unannounced and blast my brains the second I show my head.

I have "dummy rounds" I train with in the house, I have a Mossberg 590 Shotgun, GREAT Shotgun, lousy for my house, you'll know I'm there before I even aim at you.

Long guns are too long for most homes, only .223 I would consider for home defense is the "Ar-15 PISTOL" basically they remove the stock pad, shorten the barrel to 7"-10" and call it a pistol, you can legally carry it as a pistol LOL, 30 rounds of 5.56 NATO.....BRING IT ON!!!!

These are great home defense weapons, I am considering buying one when finances are better.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Notice I said IDEAL, in some situation you gotta use what you got and if you got a sniper rifle in your house and **** is going down, you better put it to good use, it ain't time to be picky.

I have some Corbon Power ball ammo left, I'll load that magazine in there if I have to check out the house, less penetration that most ammo through dry wall, yet still deadly.

Here's some ammo tests mainly for 9mm and .45 ACP.

http://www.shootingresources.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=42&Itemid=39

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
lol... dude, lots of insight... much appreciated... but when i said home i kinda ment like, something a little tactical, or something i can pimp out... for home protection id bring out my .380 for sure..

and this is texas baby! i know ppl that hunt with an ak47.
ive hunted rabbits and small game, but what would be a good cal. for large game?
.308 (7.62X51) or .30-06 (7.62X63), these are good hunting rounds, for Texas, either of them will do fine, you just need to find a rifle, .308 is also cheaper, I'd go with the .308, considering the game in Texas, you'll have no problem with power.

Ofcourse you can hunt with an AK, AR, etc...... All depends on how good your stealth, shot placement, follow up shots if needed, etc....

Next time I'm going hunting I'm only taking a .500 S&W magnum revolver in case of bear, alligator, naked hippie, etc....

But me and my friend are trying to plan it without guns, He's looking for a long bow now and I already got my eyes set on a spear, the rush is gonna be priceless when spearing a hog!!!

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
Long guns are too long for most homes, only .223 I would consider for home defense is the "Ar-15 PISTOL" basically they remove the stock pad, shorten the barrel to 7"-10" and call it a pistol, you can legally carry it as a pistol LOL, 30 rounds of 5.56 NATO.....BRING IT ON!!!!

These are great home defense weapons, I am considering buying one when finances are better.
:jaw: thats crazy... i had no idea

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
.308 (7.62X51) or .30-06 (7.62X63), these are good hunting rounds, for Texas, either of them will do fine, you just need to find a rifle, .308 is also cheaper, I'd go with the .308, considering the game in Texas, you'll have no problem with power.

Ofcourse you can hunt with an AK, AR, etc...... All depends on how good your stealth, shot placement, follow up shots if needed, etc....

Next time I'm going hunting I'm only taking a .500 S&W magnum revolver in case of bear, alligator, naked hippie, etc....

But me and my friend are trying to plan it without guns, He's looking for a long bow now and I already got my eyes set on a spear, the rush is gonna be priceless when spearing a hog!!!

ohh Sh*t thats crazy.... i kinda wanted to pull a survivor man and just walk for a few days.... then find our way back.. be sure to tell me how that goes man...spearing a hog? not as cool as a Ka-bar, but ill still give props

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
and that .500, you talking about long barrel or short?

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
:jaw: thats crazy... i had no idea
Yeah, more writing room too.

I have something written down on every round I carry, "Have a nice day :)" "Eat **** & die" "Goodbye Sunshine :(" "Merry Christmas" etc.....

I always say some smart ass assholish things before, during and after a fist fight, I figured if there's shooting they might not hear me, so when I have that grin on my face, part of it is knowing my "messages" are being delivered....

Oh, my P226 is getting Shark Teeth and eyes (white teeth, red mouth, black eyes and outline) like the WWII bombers, for free!!!!

I'll post pics of it when it's done!

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ohh Sh*t thats crazy.... i kinda wanted to pull a survivor man and just walk for a few days.... then find our way back.. be sure to tell me how that goes man...spearing a hog? not as cool as a Ka-bar, but ill still give props
I was thinking about that, but some of the stories from hunters I know convinced me of using a spear instead.....:lol::lol:

2" or 4", I have $400 aside for that, once it's in stone I'll order it, it's for very close and personal encounters so I'm not looking for accuracy beyond 10 feet.

That's a big ****ing round btw.....

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
i want this in a velvet case in my future "gun room"

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking about that, but some of the stories from hunters I know convinced me of using a spear instead.....:lol::lol:

2" or 4", I have $400 aside for that, once it's in stone I'll order it, it's for very close and personal encounters so I'm not looking for accuracy beyond 10 feet.

That's a big ****ing round btw.....
man thats tight....

hey... soo where do u work?

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I love to go shoot my Springfield XD 45. Great gun, easy to shoot and acurate, which is all you need!

tattoopierced1

I love to go shoot my Springfield XD 45. Great gun, easy to shoot and acurate, which is all you need!
gotta love that its super easy to breakdown and clean.. very very few parts

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah that and I have small hands and I can still shoot it well.
I shoot better with a heavier gun and prefer 45's to 9mm so its nice to find one that fits me.

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
shooting my .45 makes me want to jump a cal. up.... i love my 45, but in a situation where i need to unload multiple rounds in a center target id probably wana go downa knotch or two.. i havent looked at the springfields either... i was honestly looking into the glock 26 or the walther p99....that or a m4a3! witch would be pertty cool... but id want to buy a bigger safe... i dont like leaving weapons araound the house..

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yeah I like to shoot but I will not own any others without a safe. With kids its just not worth it. I have access to cheap AK's and a variety of fun guns. But I just don't want them in the house. My Springfield is good enough and fires rapidly, so its all I need.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Xd's are cool guns.. I got an xd40 compact myself. It is my everyday carry gun, and i love it.

My brother has a XD9 sub compact,very nice as well.

Any of you ever shoot the 1911 EMP? Real nice carry weapon.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
The Sig P220 is just as easy, if not easier.

If any of you are considering a cheaper, less accurate, less durable, less reliable pistol, not trusted by all the agencies I listed above, etc...

Then the Springfield XD 45 is the choice for you.

If you want something that does not have these qualities and is far superior the Sig P220 is the way to go.

stormecho

stormecho

Awards
Seecamp. Fits in my front pocket and no one can tell. Other than that, S&W Airweight .357 in my leg holster.

Only problem is that it almost blows your hand off from the kickback. Big rounds for a small gun.