George Foreman grill....

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
About to buy one prolly off ebay, which one should i get? I just need a basic one, but i wasn't aware there was so many dif ones, lemme know.

Jjaden

Awards
I have the deluxe so I can cook 4-5 chicken breasts at the same time.

Dude either way it's hard to go wrong with a foreman griller, I use mine 2-3 times a day and have done so for a couple years now.

The thing is friggin amazing.

BMZ

Awards
I use mine all the time it's great, fast and cooks good.

I got the small one though......

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
I would stay away from the small one. I can barely fit enough meat on there for a 2 person meal.

RaulJimenez

Awards
  • Established
lol they even got a george foremall grill to connect to a usb port lol

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
I'm on my 3rd George Foreman. When they first came out I received the original tiny one as a gift (Christmas '96). It worked fine, but it just didn't hold enough food. So, I got the medium sized one that holds 4 burgers or 2 (maybe 3) chicken breasts. I love that size and after about 4 years wore the nonstick coating off it. I bought the same exact size and still love it.

I've given many for gifts, and have talked at least a dozen people into getting them.

One thing to keep in mind is the size seems to determine the cooking speed. My little one is probably a minute faster than my medium sized Foreman. I'd be willing to bet my medium sized Foreman is faster than the family sized.

~Todd

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Does anyone know how top keep them clean? I have a relatively new one and it seems like the thing is filthy after every use. Cleaning that nasty fat/residue **** when it gets dry is a bitch.

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
I clean mine with a damp sponge while it's still warm because it's much easier to clean that way. Also, use warm water one the first couple of wipes so you don't cool it down to fast.

Also, too much and too cold of water can shorten the life of the non-stick coating. My brother ran his under cold water (unplugged of course), and his non-stick coating lasted about 1/4 as long as mine. I haven't looked into it, but I suspect the hot plate material has a slightly different coefficient of thermal expansion than non-stick coating.

~Todd

Rhapsody

Awards
I had one but I didn't like it.....it cooked the chicken way to fast and it ended up tasting like rubber.

Have they improved them? I don't think I could regulate the cooking speed or heat on the one I had.

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
I have the medium one. It cooks great burgers or beef, but chicken tastes like rubber. I only cook chicken on it if I'm in a pinch. And you have to season the crap out of it to cover the rubberness.

I operate my gas grill outside all year round, even in subzero midwest winters.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Rhapsody
I had one but I didn't like it.....it cooked the chicken way to fast and it ended up tasting like rubber.

Have they improved them? I don't think I could regulate the cooking speed or heat on the one I had.
Both of mine are fairly new, so I don't think they have improved them or added any temp settings.  That would be nice though.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Get a rotisserie oven instead (the RONCO ones on the infomercial) I swear to you it is the best cooking item on this earth for chicken and just about everything else. I cook everything in it and it just flat out rules! Filet Mignon, turkey sausages, chicken breast and whole chickens, salmon, etc....It is by far better than a GF grill. I never use my GF anymore.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I'm spoiled by the gas grill: nothing will ever even come close IMO, although the RONCO oven does look decent :D

I've made some things on a Foreman that are....edible, that's all I have to say about that :p

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Looks like I'm going to have to pick up a Ronco. I'm getting tired of walking into Boston Market, asking for a whole chicken, a diet coke, and getting a strange look.

DieTrying

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Looks like I'm going to have to pick up a Ronco. I'm getting tired of walking into Boston Market, asking for a whole chicken, a diet coke, and getting a strange look.
HAHA I know that feeling. They've stopped asking me if I want a drink after they see I have the gallon jug of water with me.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have we all done this? I usually bought 2 chickens with no sides and they looked at me like I killed someone.