Do you shave your head?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard Knox

Hard Knox

Awards
  • Established
So I think i'm gonna shave my head. Any good tips would be appreciated! I'm thinking about getting a headblade, has anyone used one before? Also, what is good to apply that will keep hair from growing back quickly? Thanks guys.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Also, what is good to apply that will keep hair from growing back quickly? Thanks guys.
just buy some cheap barber shears and keep re shaving it every 10 days or so, after the first couple times you can do a thorough job rather quickly.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah just get a pair of clippers that has a very close shave option. It's damn near razor close without the ingrown hairs and skin irritation.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
I use clippers on the lowest setting without an attachment, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I usually shave it all off once a week. The only part that sucks is tidying up the back of your neck. What a PITA. You guys have any suggestions for that? I don't have a gf or wife, and I'm tired of going to my mother to do it for me. :p

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Yeah just get a pair of clippers that has a very close shave option. It's damn near razor close without the ingrown hairs and skin irritation.
lol yuck, can't imagine having ingrown hairs on a bald skull, that's nasty.

Hard Knox

Hard Knox

Awards
  • Established
lol yuck, can't imagine having ingrown hairs on a bald skull, that's nasty.
Isn't there an after shave lotion that you can apply to keep hair from growing back? I want to shave mine w/razor, so with dark tan the hairline is not noticeable.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
I shave mine with a razor, but use clippers every once in a while if Im too lazy...I use a Mach 3, and regular ol' gel shaving cream...It takes some getting used to, but once you do, it'll only take you a few minutes...

holy

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I have a headblade, it's definitely a little easier to use than a normal razor IMO. Like most the guys have already said though I usually just use clippers with no guard unless I am trying to clean up for something important. The biggest tip I can give you is to really lather up good and also it helps to take a warm shower first to open up your pores.

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
Regular razor every 2-3 days w/ any generic shaving cream you can find -- I shave across the grain with as few strokes as possible -- then moisturize w/ a sensitive skin lotion or aftershave once you're finished..

Hard Knox

Hard Knox

Awards
  • Established
Regular razor every 2-3 days w/ any generic shaving cream you can find -- I shave across the grain with as few strokes as possible -- then moisturize w/ a sensitive skin lotion or aftershave once you're finished..
Across the grain? Thats different, whats the intent with that?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a pretty good pair of clippers that do a great job. I don't 'bic' my dome, but no guard is close enough for me.

The way i look at it.....it saves me a good amount of money every year by not having to go to the barber so damn often. Otherwise, i'd be in there every 2 weeks for my '0' fade with a '2' guard over the top.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Eventually you have to go against the grain when shaving your head because your hair grows in different directions and once you hit one part that goes against the grain it's very noticeable and you have to complete the job or look funny :)

Hard Knox

Hard Knox

Awards
  • Established
Well it looks like clippers are edging out the razor thus far! I might have to get me a nice set of clippers. Mr.Clean Mr.Clean:)

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
I had a headblade for years, but it finally gave out a while back...they are decent, but take a while getting used to.

holy

cable626

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Wahl Peanut clippers with no guard.
i shave my head once a week and get it done in about 3-5 minutes.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Ive seen guys have success with creams like Nair.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
hahahah, nice. Better yet I love when someone posts a serious post replying to someone in some thread about a cycle from around 2005-2006ish...hah

On topic tho, I shave my head once a week :)

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
hahahah, nice. Better yet I love when someone posts a serious post replying to someone in some thread about a cycle from around 2005-2006ish...hah

On topic tho, I shave my head once a week :)
Damn, everyone is bald in this bitch lol

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I used to rock the beach bum hairdo, then spiky hair, and then a fauxhawk.

Now I shave it, its effective for training, and its combat effective. :bigok:

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established

But I want the terrorists to see my dirty blond flowing hair and tanned muscles as I pump some 30 mike mike in their arses :D

buuzer0

buuzer0

Awards
  • Established
Ha, odd that this thread popped up while I just trimmed my own hair for the first time using electric clippers last night. Didn't have the balls to do it without the guard, but used the lowest guard I could all over. Going to the barber today anyway to get my normal very-low (but not bald) basic cut that's done with clippers with no guard, and set between 1/2 and a quarter from the lowest setting (at least that's what the barber tells me).

Hardest part about this is doing the left side of my head since I'm right handed. Hopefully I'll be able to get good at it so I don't have to hit the barbershop every 2 weeks.

pool_shark

pool_shark

Awards
I've been shaving my head for years.

I tried the headblade but it cut me something fierce. I do like the headblade shave cream though.

I use either a schick quattro or Gillette fusion. I shave everyday because it like it to be smooth. If I skip a day it's harder to shave.

I tried using an electric shaver for a while, it appears to shave as closely as a blade, but it grows back too fast.

pool_shark

pool_shark

Awards
There is actually a difference between shaved and bald.

I let my hair grow back for a while and people at work were amazed, they all thought I was bald until I was sporting a full head of real hair. I got tired of cutting and styling it and I refuse to go to a barbershop.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I've been shaving my head for years.

I tried the headblade but it cut me something fierce. I do like the headblade shave cream though.

I use either a schick quattro or Gillette fusion. I shave everyday because it like it to be smooth. If I skip a day it's harder to shave.

I tried using an electric shaver for a while, it appears to shave as closely as a blade, but it grows back too fast.
I can't bring myself to use a straight blade on my domepiece.

I just use a disposable Schick. Go with the grain. I use a face wash afterward to clean up and it helps to keep the red bumps from showing up. Slap on a little lotion and it's go time!

And electric shavers are great for touch-up work. Running an electric over a spot that has some tufts is better than running a razor over that raw skin again.

I just wish there was an easier way to put on t-shirts. It's like battling the evil Velcro monster every day.

pool_shark

pool_shark

Awards
I can't bring myself to use a straight blade on my domepiece.

I just use a disposable Schick. Go with the grain. I use a face wash afterward to clean up and it helps to keep the red bumps from showing up. Slap on a little lotion and it's go time!

And electric shavers are great for touch-up work. Running an electric over a spot that has some tufts is better than running a razor over that raw skin again.

I just wish there was an easier way to put on t-shirts. It's like battling the evil Velcro monster every day.
I go against the grain, going with it doesn't give me a good shave at all.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
My head isn't shaped right to have a shaved head. I look like a Shoalin Monk as is with just a fresh haircut.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established

The type of hair really doesn't have any relevance to the duties/directive outside the wire, you'll go weeks and even months without getting a hair cut, everyone of my friends who are still in the Marine Corps have low regs/full hair or shaved heads, high and tights are a no go and my friend who is with the Teams has a full beard and mane right now, he's got a card that says "this person is authorized relaxed grooming standards in support of special operation missions, cease and desist all detention and drawing attention of this individual. Any further inquiriers are to contact XXX-XXX-XXXX for confirmation"

But I want the terrorists to see my dirty blond flowing hair and tanned muscles as I pump some 30 mike mike in their arses :D
You guys have been playing way too much call of duty :laugh:
How about something more appropriate like a Ma Deuce or a M240

What is your Combat experience?
I don't think they have any, I think there just trying to shoot the ****.

And yes there's a difference between a shaved head and bald, I'm bald and losing your hair could suck for some people but I adapted and embraced it.

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
I shave my head with my beard trimmer. Haha works well enough. Too lazy to buy a real clipper that would save some time.

I love having a shaved head in the summer. The lady I was dating complained cause she loved my full head of hair. But others dig it.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
The type of hair really doesn't have any relevance to the duties/directive outside the wire, you'll go weeks and even months without getting a hair cut, everyone of my friends who are still in the Marine Corps have low regs/full hair or shaved heads, high and tights are a no go and my friend who is with the Teams has a full beard and mane right now, he's got a card that says "this person is authorized relaxed grooming standards in support of special operation missions, cease and desist all detention and drawing attention of this individual. Any further inquiriers are to contact XXX-XXX-XXXX for confirmation"

I don't think they have any, I think there just trying to shoot the ****.

And yes there's a difference between a shaved head and bald, I'm bald and losing your hair could suck for some people but I adapted and embraced it.
When in a fight for your life, it would really suck if the other guy can grab your long hair and use it to pull you into a position with your head twisted and slit your throat. It has effects, it is a possible advantage to the enemy. This is not "Conan the Barbarian".

As for combat exp, none atm but looking to get some in life. But I have seen its effects in wrestling(greco-roman) for I have done that.

The only purpose spec forces do it is to not be so easily picked out as an American soldier. It serves no combat purpose, and in fact would give a smaller % chance to an enemy in CQB

bigsexy74

bigsexy74

Awards
  • Established
mach 3 with sensitive skin shave gel, every day. i look better bald and my wife likes me bald also.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
When in a fight for your life, it would really suck if the other guy can grab your long hair and use it to pull you into a position with your head twisted and slit your throat. It has effects, it is a possible advantage to the enemy. This is not "Conan the Barbarian".

As for combat exp, none atm but looking to get some in life. But I have seen its effects in wrestling(greco-roman) for I have done that.

The only purpose spec forces do it is to not be so easily picked out as an American soldier. It serves no combat purpose, and in fact would give a smaller % chance to an enemy in CQB
:hmmm: Wow you're really on the ball with what you know, got any more brotactic advice. Do yourself a favor, quit while your ahead because you sound like an idiot chiming in with you bull**** armchair opinions and anyone who looks forward to seeing combat is talking out of there ass.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
:hmmm: Wow you're really on the ball with what you know, got any more brotactic advice. Do yourself a favor, quit while your ahead because you sound like an idiot chiming in with you bull**** armchair opinions and anyone who looks forward to seeing combat is talking out of there ass.
No, not true at all. Not every one has the same perspective on life, and if you have been here since 05 you should know I have a particularly warped view on the world. Yes I do look forward to combat, its why I am putting 1,000 towards my M4, Undecided Side arm coming first, and a few other special items i cant say.

I dont plan to die of old age :) I plan to be useful and make changes in this world, and I am praying for a revolution daily. Yes I look forward to it, and honestly dont expect to hit 30 years of age.

Any other questions? Brotactic advice that has been documented and proven I guess doesnt count...Jeeze its weird its standard for so many military functions...No issues of lice, or other parasites, combat effectiveness, it wont flow into your eyes and possibly cause an issue while shooting, I mean wtf are you? There are advantages to having it short.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
Yes I do look forward to combat, its why I am putting 1,000 towards my M4, Undecided Side arm coming first, and a few other special items i cant say.

I dont plan to die of old age :) I plan to be useful and make changes in this world, and I am praying for a revolution daily.

Any other questions? Brotactic advice that has been documented and proven I guess doesnt count...Jeeze its weird its standard for so many military functions...No issues of lice, or other parasites, combat effectiveness, it wont flow into your eyes and possibly cause an issue while shooting, I mean wtf are you?
I would strongly advise you to disconnect yourself from this David Koresh mindset that is existing in your head, I'm not a parent so I'm not good dealing with children such as yourself and the issue of hair regulations is past. You talking about praying for a revolution daily purchasing an M4 far from impresses me with your bat**** crazy talk and you wouldn't know the first thing about combat nor the mindset. I proudly served my Marine Corps as a grunt and so with that I'm honored to have trained younger Marines and hopefully my leadership reflected them one way or another and ingrained/taught them to survive the rigors of combat but it's very disgusting and very disheartening for my brothers to give up there lives for the Corps as well as the preservation of this country so nutjobs like you can breath and infect the rest of this country with the garbage that you have just said.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
mod edit: people are so tired of your insulting attitude. take a break.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
so your an indoctrinated grunt that is a slave to the "hive mind" effect of politics? might as well jump in a river. my brother is a marine but thank God he is not like how you pesent youself
Good to go Timothy McVeigh Jr. I'm someone who loves the Corps and with that said I will protect it all costs and that ties in with protecting the freedom of this land and unfortunately like I said earlier in the last post giving selfish cowards like you the luxury to spew garbage and be an individual, If your brother is in the Corps ( if you're not making that up which it sounds to be ) I doubt that he's cut from the same cloth as you because he made the choice of serving and rising above your crazy beliefs and protecting this country from enemies foreign and domestic. BTW the talk of you praying for a revolution and purchasing an assault rifle is that a cry or help or do you actually plan on following through because you're raising red flags and alot of people here might not care but some might be on alert.....Do you want to hurt people for no reason ???

Status
Not open for further replies.