2008 Olympics Terrorist Attack? - AnabolicMinds.com

Poll: Do you think there will be a terrorist attack at the 2008 olympics?

2008 Olympics Terrorist Attack?

1. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

2008 Olympics Terrorist Attack?

Do you think there will there be a terrorist attack at the 2008 olympics?

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Maybe "attempts," but the Chinese government aren't boggled down with lengthy protocols and procedures like we are, so if a flame brews, it would most likely, and quite literally, be immediately SNUFFED out.
    NSCA - CSCS
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I'm also going to lean toward no, because the Chinese are irrationally and overtly obsessed with the Olympics, and I think they're in SEVERE OVER-DRIVE with the security.
    NSCA - CSCS
    •   

4. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

I voted Yes because I heard about a grenade attack in the west of China. I think it might be possible for another one to happen at an Olympic venue, although I watched a TV report about the police/security and it is a massive operation!
  5. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Oh, I agree with their preparedness. I think I read that they have deployed 100,000 security/military personel for the event.

I was just considering the global media and marketing monster is "exploiting" (meaning, making billions) this national event taking place in a country that seems to have no consideration for civil liberties and rights. That may be an OT and I may be wrong.

I just see a huge "opportunity" in the brewing.
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    I voted Yes because I heard about a grenade attack in the west of China. I think it might be possible for another one to happen at an Olympic venue, although I watched a TV report about the police/security and it is a massive operation!
    Didn't you watch HardBoiled with Chow Yung Phat? Their policemen can do flips through the air and take out at least 10-15 Yakuza at the same time, all while keeping a cigarette in their mouth in mid drag.
    NSCA - CSCS
  7. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    I'm thinking of starting an 08.08.08 Olympic Terror Tragedy Poll in the spirit of my very accurate prediction on gas prices.
    Washington Times - Video threatening Olympics is posted online

Video threatening Olympics is posted online

Originally published 11:52 a.m., August 7, 2008, updated 11:53 a.m., August 7, 2008

URUMQI, CHINA (AP) - A U.S. group that monitors extremist Web sites says that a Chinese Islamic group has posted a new video that shows a burning Olympics logo and an explosion over a venue for the Beijing Games.

The video, reported Thursday by the IntelCenter, follows the posting of a similar video dated July 23. Both are attributed to the Turkistan Islamic Party, which experts say is an offshoot of a secessionist group from China's Central Asian frontier with ties to al-Qaida.

IntelCenter said the latest video was dated Aug. 1 and features "graphics showing a burning Olympics logo and an explosion imposed over one of the venues."

Comments on the video were in the language of the Uighurs, a Muslim minority in western China with a long history of tense relations with the central government. No translation was immediately available.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
  8. Professional Member

Although the olympics haven't opened officially (have they?) There has already been a terrorist attack. I believe it was 13 chinese police were killed by Islamic militants.
  9. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger1 View Post
    Although the olympics haven't opened officially (have they?) There has already been a terrorist attack. I believe it was 13 chinese police were killed by Islamic militants.
    I believe they officially opened this morning. At least the Olympic torch was lit, I'm not sure what that actually signifies.
    NSCA - CSCS
  11. Professional Member

Well no matter; the cops were killed a few days ago.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Drinking Alone By Moonlight - Li Bai

Here among flowers one flask of wine,
    with no close friends, I pour it alone.

I lift cup to bright moon, beg its company,
    then facing my shadow, we become three.

The moon has never known how to drink;
    my shadow does nothing but follow me.

But with moon and shadow as companions a while,
    this joy I find must catch spring while it’s here.

I sing, and the moon just lingers on;
    I dance, and my shadow flails wildly.

When still sober we share friendship and pleasure,
    then, utterly drunk, each goes his own way–

Let us join to roam beyond human cares
    and plan to meet far in the river of stars.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  13. Professional Member

Stop doing peyote.
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugger1 View Post
    Stop doing peyote.
    Li Bai was Chinese. Peyote is native american:

N. Scott Momaday - House Made of Dawn

House made of dawn, House made of evening light, House made of dark cloud, House made of male rain, House made of dark mist, House made of female rain, House made of pollen, House made of grasshoppers, Dark cloud is at the door. The trail out of it is dark cloud. The zigzag lightning stands high upon it. Male deity! Your offering I make. I have prepared smoke for you. Restore my feet for me, Restore my legs for me, Restore my body for me, Restore my mind for me.
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
  15. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    I believe they officially opened this morning. At least the Olympic torch was lit, I'm not sure what that actually signifies.
    Yeah, I believe Beijing is +12hr EST. The opening ceremony already took place. I believe they are competeing in womens soccer, basketball, equestrian, rifle, and a few other things as we speak.
  16. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Yes and no. There will be an attack, it will not threaten the Olympic athletes or Village. There are far too many Chinese troops around.

I hope the Islamists attack the chinese, get that damn monkey off our back. The chinese are not restrained by Western morals and sensibilities, and will donkey punch the **** out of them. The Chinese have no compunction killing their own people; they'd kill Islamists while drinking tea. The Chinese are a superior fighting force, they have superior intelligence, and if a problem arises that's a challenge, they will overwhelm with sheer numbers.

The Islamists won't know which way is up and which is down.
  17. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Yes and no. There will be an attack, it will not threaten the Olympic athletes or Village. There are far too many Chinese troops around.

I hope the Islamists attack the chinese, get that damn monkey off our back. The chinese are not restrained by Western morals and sensibilities, and will donkey punch the **** out of them. The Chinese have no compunction killing their own people; they'd kill Islamists while drinking tea. The Chinese are a superior fighting force, they have superior intelligence, and if a problem arises that's a challenge, they will overwhelm with sheer numbers.

Exactly....
    NSCA - CSCS
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  203 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by VolcomX311 View Post
    Didn't you watch HardBoiled with Chow Yung Phat? Their policemen can do flips through the air and take out at least 10-15 Yakuza at the same time, all while keeping a cigarette in their mouth in mid drag.
    AND they don't even have to reload! They must be in God mode or something. Unlimited ammo FTW!
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by shaddow View Post
    AND they don't even have to reload! They must be in God mode or something. Unlimited ammo FTW!
    And you NEVER see anyone reloading a revolver. There was one Lethal Weapon, where Danny Glover got at least 12 shots off with that hand cannon he carried around.
    WHITE WHALE!
  20. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Ever see the Korean bodyguard vid?

YouTube - North Korean Bodyguard Training for dictator Kim Jong-il

Impressive in a cirque du soleil kind of way.
  21. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

22. Senior Member

I guess this one is related, but its not in Beijing.

Report: Explosions rock restive Chinese region

By WILLIAM FOREMAN, Associated Press Writer2 hours, 10 minutes ago

A series of pre-dawn bombings Sunday killed or wounded at least four people in a restive region of western China, state media said.

The bombings occurred amid tightened security after an attack here last week left 16 border police dead and 15 others wounded in the Muslim region of Xinjiang.

Police suspect that those killed or injured in Sunday's explosions were behind the bombings which struck Kuqa county in the south of Xinjiang, the official Xinhua News Agency said.

The agency said witnesses reported seeing flashes of fire and heard gun shots following the explosions.

Xinhua said local military sources confirmed the incident and said they have deployed forces to the area, which was also sealed off by police. Kuqa is 460 miles from Urumqi, the regional capital.

A woman on duty at the emergency unit of the Kuqa People's Hospital said one man was pronounced dead upon ar***** while several other people were in critical condition.

"There were several explosions in several places in the county seat of Kuqa this morning and we heard them from the hospital," said a woman on duty at the hospital, who would only give her last name, Tian.

Witnesses reported that explosions hit government offices and public security and military police posts, said Dilxat Raxit, a spokesman for the Germany-based World Uighur Congress, which supports independence for the region.

A man who answered the phone at the Kuqa county government's duty office said he was not aware of the explosions and refused to give his name. Repeated calls to the county's public security bureau rang unanswered.

The latest violence comes after two Americans closely linked to the U.S. Olympic volleyball team were stabbed, one fatally, in a bizarre attack Saturday in the Chinese capital on the first day of the Beijing games.

Normally tight security in Xinjiang was increased in the past week after the fatal attack on border police in the city of Kashgar Monday. The assailants rammed a stolen truck into the group before tossing homemade bombs and stabbing them.

On Thursday, a videotape was released threatening attacks during the Olympics. The videotape was purportedly made by the Turkistan Islamic Party, a Muslim group believed to be based across the border in Pakistan, where security experts say core members have received training from al-Qaida.

Xinjiang is a large, rugged territory one-sixth of China's land mass that is home to the Uighurs, a Muslim minority with a long history of tense relations with the Chinese. The Uighurs, with a population of about 8 million, have complained that the Communist government has been restricting their religion and Turkic culture.

"We have been appealing to Beijing to solve the issue through political dialogue to prevent the situation from deteriorating, but they have never taken it seriously," Raxit said in an e-mail. "On the contrary, they heightened the suppression. Beijing should be directly responsible for today's incident."

Beijing has accused Uighur groups of using terrorism in a violent campaign to split Xinjiang from the rest of the country. China's state-run media have reported sporadic bombings, shootings and riots in the territory over the years, but the dispatches are often sketchy and difficult to verify.

Kuqa, a county of 400,000 people, is a popular tourist destination in Xinjiang and is rich in oil and gas resources.

No other details were immediately known.

__

Associated Press reporter Gillian Wong contributed to the report from Beijing.
  23. Professional Member

I was just about to post this.

Still, i love the olympics. Not a clue why, i alwasy watch as much as possible every year it happens.
  24. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post

Hahaha... I was going to say the same thing...but you put it alot more eloquently than I.... reps to you good sir.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  25. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

Negged for repping. There's no repping in terrorism!
  26. Board Sponsor

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Negged for repping. There's no repping in terrorism!
    Negged for negging against the proverbial death of terrorism.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  27. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

Voice to America

"HOUR #1: OLYMPIC MURDER: An American is murdered in Beijing. Random or targeted? How could this happen at a major tourist site with China in security "lockdown"? Hear from VTA's "citizen journalists" in China."

American tourist murdered in Beijing - Olympics - BrisbaneTimes

"The first day of the Beijing Games was rocked yesterday by the murder of a family member of an American Olympic coach in an attack that left two others injured at the Drum Tower, a popular tourist site in the old inner city.

The 47 year-old assailant then threw himself off the Drum Tower's second storey and killed himself, the official Xinhua news agency reported.

Violent crime is rare in Beijing and the city is under a massive security lockdown. Police and armed police are stationed at almost every street corner in areas where foreigners congregate. American Olympic officials confirmed the deceased was a relative of the coach of the US volleyball team."

Channelnewsasia.com

"The attack occurred despite China deploying massive security in Beijing for the Olympics, with more than 150,000 police and other personnel on patrol across the city.

An estimated 450,000 foreigners are expected to come to Beijing for the Olympics, which opened on Friday night and will finish on August 24."

So of the above 600,000 people 1 in 4 is a security officer and this was able to happen....hmmmm
  28. Banned
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.

I think some people are sick of the government's rule in China and they view this as an excellent way of getting "heard" and drawing attention to themselves and achieving their goals if they're groups or personal adgendas if they're lone wolf terrorists.

Situations like this are a great opportunity to further their agenda.

B5150, Even with MORE security, there still WILL be breaches, in a Homeland Security course, we had structual security against terrorist attacks mainly, but also on robberies, etc....

Everyone posted their "ideal" and I responded to every single one of them and exposed more than one breach for all them, very low tech methods and even more with higher trained individuals who have money. The only one they could not find a breach in was my model ....Unless you used something close to a MOAB......which would only breach the permiter but cause little or no damage to structuce or personnel within the compound, my model was for an embassy near hostile enviorments where threats are more imminent.

In a place like bejing, haha, man expect MORE attacks, security there is "good" but to act like it's "attack proof" is a joke.....there are so many ways to kill, maim, bomb, stab, shoot, kill officers, military personnel, etc.....

Secure is someone who started learning about hacking yesterday, trying to break in a 128 bit encryption, Bejing and the olympics, are not....
  29. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Omen View Post
    I think some people are sick of the government's rule in China and they view this as an excellent way of getting "heard" and drawing attention to themselves and achieving their goals if they're groups or personal adgendas if they're lone wolf terrorists.

Situations like this are a great opportunity to further their agenda.
    See my secondary post in this thread:
    Oh, I agree with their preparedness. I think I read that they have deployed 100,000 security/military personel for the event.

I was just considering the global media and marketing monster is "exploiting" (meaning, making billions) this national event taking place in a country that seems to have no consideration for civil liberties and rights. That may be an OT and I may be wrong.

I just see a huge "opportunity" in the brewing.
    There is news radio discussion about the media or information silence or black out that China has on this attack of these two people and any ties or connections regarding the coincidence of them being related tied to Olympians. Intersting how they "know nothing" about his motives.

In the US this would be all over the networks. China, not so much I think they even shut down the internet when they want to.

I am very interested in seeing what goes on in the upcoming week. We have an election years in the US, the Edwards isssue, Georgia trying our aliance and the U.N., Russia flexing muscle...what have I missed.

This is just two days into it. I suspect this window of opportunity is just opening. My term "terrorist attacks" had much broader implications than just the Olympics.
  30. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    And you NEVER see anyone reloading a revolver. There was one Lethal Weapon, where Danny Glover got at least 12 shots off with that hand cannon he carried around.
    Have you ever seen Last Man Standing? Bruce Willis' 9mm (which I am not sure were invented in that time period) appear to be fully automatic, and carrying .50 bullets. He shoots one guy and he flies through the door.
  31. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Anyone catch the US v. China Basketball game? The start of the game got me worried, the Chinese were all on fire like the old Arcade game NBA Jam.

I won't spoil it in case people are recording events to watch later, but the US Swim Relays..... I couldn't sleep.
    NSCA - CSCS
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. India under terrorist attack!
    By Y2Jversion1 in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-30-2008, 01:37 AM
  2. now that the olympics are over....trione?
    By ntrlmuscle in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-17-2008, 07:39 PM
  3. Now that the Olympics are over....
    By RedwolfWV in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-29-2008, 07:29 AM
  4. Are You A Terrorist ???
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-03-2007, 01:48 PM
  5. Terrorist attack on France!