POLITICS, vote for Cosby!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Bill Cosby's campaign platform. I am going to vote for him.

I HAVE DECIDED TO BECOME A WRITE-IN CANDIDATE.

HERE IS MY PLATFORM:

(1) Press 1 for English is immediately banned. English is the

official language; speak it or wait at the border until you can.

(2) We will immediately go into a two year isolationist posture to straighten out the country's attitude. NO imports, no exports.

We will use the 'Walmart' policy, 'If we ain't got it, you don't

need it.'

(3) When imports are allowed, there will be a 100% import tax on it.

(4) All retired military personnel will be required to man one

of our many observation towers on the southern border.

(six month tour) They will be under strict orders not to fire

on SOUTHBOUND aliens.

(5) Social security will immediately return to its original state.

If you didn't put nuttin in, you ain't gettin nuttin out. The

president nor any other politician will not be able to touch it.

(6) Welfare - Checks will be handed out on Fridays at the end of the 40 hour school week and the successful completion of urinalysis and a passing grade.

(7) Professional Athletes --Steroids - The FIRST time you check positive you're banned for life.

(8) Crime - We will adopt the Turkish method, the first time you steal, you lose your right hand. There is no more life sentences.

If convicted, you will be put to death by the same method you chose for your victim; gun, knife, strangulation, etc.

(9) One export will be allowed; Wheat, The world needs to eat.

A bushel of wheat will be the exact price of a barrel of oil.

(10) All foreign aid using American taxpayer money will

immediately cease, and the saved money will pay off the

national debt and ultimately lower taxes. When disasters

occur around the world, we'll ask the American people

if they want to donate to a disaster fund, and each citizen

can make the decision whether it's a worthy cause.

(11) The Pledge of Allegiance will be said every day at school

and every day in Congress.

(12) The National Anthem will be played at all appropriate

ceremonies, sporting events, outings, etc.

Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes but a vote for me will get you better than what you have, and better than what you're gonna get.

Thanks for listening, and remember to write in my name on the ballot in November.

God Bless America !!!!!!!!!!!

Bill Cosby!!!!!!!!

Some interesting points -- and better than McCain or Obama!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sounds good to me Snag
Yeah, not looking forward to this election at all. One guy's the same as what we got now, and the other scares the living hell outta me..

Crazy.

Wow dude, are you really 7'4"? Sheesh.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
lol.. I'm trying to picture 7'4 at 164 pounds..

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
I Love Bill Cosby and some of those Items make a lot of sense however totally non realistic.

:bruce3:

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I know. Reality is our political system is flawed, the world's going to hell, and our candidates SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta love reality.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Actually, this thread may be in the wrong place. I don't agree that both candidates suck. I used to like John McCain the person and I personally think that Obama may be a breath of fresh air.

Btw, Manute bol was so thin that when he wore a pinstripe suit, there was only one stripe:lol:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
McCain would serve well as Secretary of Defense.

Obama would serve well as my toilet paper.

Neither would serve well as president, but I'm going with McCain simply because I feel he's the lesser of two evils.

I don't know what in the hell people get so stoked about Obama for. He says nothing of substance in his speeches. It's just useless jargon.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Actually, this thread may be in the wrong place. I don't agree that both candidates suck. I used to like John McCain the person and I personally think that Obama may be a breath of fresh air.

Btw, Manute bol was so thin that when he wore a pinstripe suit, there was only one stripe:lol:

LOL, ahhh quit picking on Manute. That was a good one tho..

Agree with you on McCain the person, hell he's a war hero. My intended statement was Republican ideolgy.

As for Obama - this dude is SCARY. Breath of fresh air?? He's popular right now just BECAUSE we are looking for change; I'm sorry, but that is not enough of a reason to throw someone out there as a candidate. He is unknown (he's got very minimal political experience, and has only moved up because of default position openings), he backtracks on positions he has previously stood on, and his relationship with his good ol' Rev. buddy is extremely alarming (but he's nicely swept that under the rug).. We know very little about this dude.

America's "hop-on-the-bus" mentality is troublesome..

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Neither would serve well as president, but I'm going with McCain simply because I feel he's the lesser of two evils.

I don't know what in the hell people get so stoked about Obama for. He says nothing of substance in his speeches. It's just useless jargon.
B-I-N-G-O brother.

1000 reps if I could..

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So was this to show your efficiency at research, or to point out that we should hold off on our vote for Bill since it's not really his platform??

Either way, nice add..

I can see how this could be attributed to Carlin, sounds a lot like him. Wonder why they say it's out of tune with his views.
Well, let's find out who wrote this because I want to vote for them.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I snopes pretty much anything now days. I've seen this one posted before and already knew it to be false but as to the second part of your question; no, he's still a better candidate. Even if he isn't running LOL

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established

A closed mind is an amazing thing. Like you're on the inside and really know what's going on. For the fact of the matter ALL politicians are full of Sh!t. McCain who I like as a person has completely changed his act in order to pander to the ultra conservative crowd (check out his act in previous runs). It won't matter who wins because Georgie boy and his crew has insured that we're screwed for the forseeable future.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A closed mind is an amazing thing. Like you're on the inside and really know what's going on. For the fact of the matter ALL politicians are full of Sh!t. McCain who I like as a person has completely changed his act in order to pander to the ultra conservative crowd (check out his act in previous runs). It won't matter who wins because Georgie boy and his crew has insured that we're screwed for the forseeable future.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
A closed mind is an amazing thing. Like you're on the inside and really know what's going on. For the fact of the matter ALL politicians are full of Sh!t. McCain who I like as a person has completely changed his act in order to pander to the ultra conservative crowd (check out his act in previous runs). It won't matter who wins because Georgie boy and his crew has insured that we're screwed for the forseeable future.:bruce3:

Closed-minded? What the hell is it with this "open minded" "closed minded" bullshit these days? It's my ****ing opinion. I'm automatically closed minded because I have an opinion?

BTW, Yankees suck. Go Sox.

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
I apologize for the close minded comment and never said you don't have a right to your opinion. Seeing as you were maybe 12 when the present administration began, our difference is generational, carry on

The Yankees may suck in your opinion but, The Red Sucks will NEVER match what they have accomplished. That's something you can't argue no matter what logic you wish to attempt, so don't try

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Oh sh!t.. generational gap differences, political differences, Yanks-BoSox rivalry..

You two dudes will NEVER see eye-to-eye, LOL!! :toofunny:

:duel:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Go Braves!

Yeah man, those two are destined for a cage match!

Fastone

Fastone

Awards
  • Established
Not at all, spirited discussion and the right to disagree is part of what makes our country great. Also I recently read something that I can't take credit for but it makes some sense. Arguing online is like being in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded ( I've already asked God to forgive me for that).:lol:

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not at all, spirited discussion and the right to disagree is part of what makes our country great. Also I recently read something that I can't take credit for but it makes some sense. Arguing online is like being in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded ( I've already asked God to forgive me for that).:lol:
You should ask for forgivness for that one... you never know when you are talking to someone with a brother that participates in such events.

Adams

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Go Braves!

Yeah man, those two are destined for a cage match!
OH MAN... I already have my tickets for the 22nd at Busch Stadium.

Nothing like beer and baseball in busch stadium... SO GOOD.

Last one I went to was against the Rays I think, and ludwick hit a walk off homerun in the 12th... needless to say, I couldnt drive home shortly after that. :D

Adams

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Last game I went to was the Pirates and Diamondbacks. It was an awesome game.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I live in FL, and when I went to Boston in July the Sox came to FL. Haha. BUT, I did get a picture with that big burly looking brewer on the Sam Adams Beer commercials! His name's Bob. Super nice guy.

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Go TIGERS!!

Last game I went to was Tigs-Yanks in Comerica, took the fam. I think this'll be the last game I ever attend; altho a HUGE baseball fan (the Braves are my NL team there J :D), I refuse to support these guys' multimillion $ salaries any longer.
$5.50 for hot dogs, $8 for beer, $4.50 for sodas, pretzels, peanuts, $10 for a souvenir bat.. tickets for front-row seats down the RF line.. the $25 I had to pay to have this dude watch my car in some sh!thole parking lot (this is Detroit we're talking about here).. I think the whole thing ran my fam of 4 about $300 -- and that wasn't even figuring in the gas for the 2 1/2 hr. drive!

These guys keep getting their pay jacked to stratospheric proportions.. and then these owners keep crying they're not making any $.. all the while new freakin' ballparks are being built in every big-league town for hundreds of millions of $.. sh!t's just getting outta control..

Okay, rant over.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree man. I had to experience my first MLB game and a buddy took me for my birthday this year. My first game and the digout was emptied and the manager was thrown from the game. It was awesome!

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I agree man. I had to experience my first MLB game and a buddy took me for my birthday this year. My first game and the digout was emptied and the manager was thrown from the game. It was awesome!
I love those basebrawl games! Good times..
:bruce2:

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I disagree about the pay of MLB players. You have to look at it this way, they get paid LESS than a football player, yet they play 168 games as opposed to the 16 that football plays. They are on the clock year round, and have to be seperated from their family a better part of the year. Yeah beer and such is expensive at the park, but that isnt the players faults, rather whose ever name is on the stadium.

eh, just a thought.

Adams

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Paid less than a football player?????

Dude, what are you talking? Show me a football player who's making $25 mill/yr. (A-Rod). Actually, pro-rata, Clemens woulda made $27 mill last yr. - at 94 ys. of age!! (Okay, 44, still..)

Who's the highest paid football player?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Paid less than a football player?????

Dude, what are you talking? Show me a football player who's making $25 mill/yr. (A-Rod). Actually, pro-rata, Clemens woulda made $27 mill last yr. - at 94 ys. of age!! (Okay, 44, still..)

Who's the highest paid football player?
2007: Dwight Freeney ($30,750,000)

Now you still didn't reference back to the 168 games a year vs. 16. The minimum salary for baseball is only 100K more than football, yet train more in the offseason, away from family months at a time, and plays 152 more games in a year. Yet in baseball they can be the same minimum their whole career. Football each year the player is in the game, the minimum increases. Tickets are more expensive for football, beer, chips, soda... the works.

Adams

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
they play 168 games
Actually that would be 162 (just for clarity sake here).. :D

Yeah beer and such is expensive at the park, but that isnt the players faults, rather whose ever name is on the stadium.
..and why do you think "whose ever's name's" on the stadium is charging those prices?? - so they can pay those MONSTROUS salaries of course!

And don't lay it on the owners' porch for shelling out those bucks either - MLB players union is responsible for driving that pay up. Free agency was the beginning of the end for baseball.

I find it amusing that Scott Boras is mulling over filing collusion charges cuz no team has made an effort to sign Barry Bonds.. couldn't be cuz the dude's the biggest cancer baseball has ever known, right??

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Takes 10 games of baseball to equal 1 of football :)

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Actually that would be 162 (just for clarity sake here).. :D
You are right, my fault

..and why do you think "whose ever's name's" on the stadium is charging those prices?? - so they can pay those MONSTROUS salaries of course!
Wrong, the name on the stadium only pays a royalty per year to have that name on the stadium, they have no hand in paying the players salaries.

And don't lay it on the owners' porch for shelling out those bucks either - MLB players union is responsible for driving that pay up. Free agency was the beginning of the end for baseball.

I find it amusing that Scott Boras is mulling over filing collusion charges cuz no team has made an effort to sign Barry Bonds.. couldn't be cuz the dude's the biggest cancer baseball has ever known, right??
Scott Boras is the cancer in the MLB, I hate that guy. He is the VERY REASON that these people get the 20mil salaries. No other reason, not the players union. Look at Pujols, a phenom in the game, and plays on the Cards for 14M, most of which he donates to charity.

Scott Boras is the problem in this game.

Adams

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
2007: Dwight Freeney ($30,750,000)

Now you still didn't reference back to the 168 games a year vs. 16. The minimum salary for baseball is only 100K more than football, yet train more in the offseason, away from family months at a time, and plays 152 more games in a year. Yet in baseball they can be the same minimum their whole career. Football each year the player is in the game, the minimum increases. Tickets are more expensive for football, beer, chips, soda... the works.

Adams
Umm, check your math bro..
$72 mill over 6 years, with $30 mill guaranteed.

There is NO ONE in football who is paid close to 20 mill yearly. No one.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Takes 10 games of baseball to equal 1 of football :)
Oh I dont disagree that a football game will take more out of a person. I am laying it on the line of how much time is dedicated to the game to commensurate their pay.

Adams

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You are right, my fault

Wrong, the name on the stadium only pays a royalty per year to have that name on the stadium, they have no hand in paying the players salaries.

Scott Boras is the cancer in the MLB, I hate that guy. He is the VERY REASON that these people get the 20mil salaries. No other reason, not the players union. Look at Pujols, a phenom in the game, and plays on the Cards for 14M, most of which he donates to charity.
Scott Boras is the problem in this game.

Adams
Duuuuuude, c'mon.. Quit that nonsense.

Nobody is donating most of their salary to charity.

Will agree with you on Boras however - agents are a lymphoma themselves.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Umm, check your math bro..
$72 mill over 6 years, with $30 mill guaranteed.

There is NO ONE in football who is paid close to 20 mill yearly. No one.
* Dwight Freeney ($30,750,000)
* Marc Bulger ($17,502,040)
* Leonard Davis ($17,006,240)

Please note that NFL salaries are often extremely strange because of the way teams and players work around salary cap issues. For example, Dwight Freeney's contract is for 6 years and $72 million, or an average of $12 million per year. He received over $30 million of that in 2007, and the other $42 million spread (unevenly) over the other 5 years.

You asked for one person paid more than 20M in a year. And I gave you one, don't try to pick it apart because you dont like answer.

Adams

snagency

snagency

Banned
Awards
  • Established
A-Rod's contract was $252 mill over 10 yrs., all that money guaranteed (unless he opted out, like he did -- so he could sign an even bigger contract!)

Football player's contracts are not guaranteed, unlike baseball's, unless it's provisioned (like Freeney's portion).

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Duuuuuude, c'mon.. Quit that nonsense.

Nobody is donating most of their salary to charity.

Will agree with you on Boras however - agents are a lymphoma themselves.
Because you dont believe some players are altruistic doesnt make it true there big guy.

http://www.pujolsfamilyfoundation.org/index2.html

He has donated, donated, and donated again. Not only money, but time. This isn't someone you see from another sport, bar none.

Adams

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A-Rod's contract was $252 mill over 10 yrs., all that money guaranteed (unless he opted out, like he did -- so he could sign an even bigger contract!)

Football player's contracts are not guaranteed, unlike baseball's, unless it's provisioned (like Freeney's portion).
Again, you seemingly ignore the sheer unbalance of time dedicated to their profession. I agree A-Rod is being overpaid, but that is the result of a Yankee budget. He WILL NOT sign that again. He isn't being considered as hard as prior, BECAUSE of Boras.

Adams