POLITICS, vote for Cosby!

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    they play 168 games
    Actually that would be 162 (just for clarity sake here)..

Yeah beer and such is expensive at the park, but that isnt the players faults, rather whose ever name is on the stadium.
    ..and why do you think "whose ever's name's" on the stadium is charging those prices?? - so they can pay those MONSTROUS salaries of course!

And don't lay it on the owners' porch for shelling out those bucks either - MLB players union is responsible for driving that pay up. Free agency was the beginning of the end for baseball.

I find it amusing that Scott Boras is mulling over filing collusion charges cuz no team has made an effort to sign Barry Bonds.. couldn't be cuz the dude's the biggest cancer baseball has ever known, right??

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Takes 10 games of baseball to equal 1 of football
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    Actually that would be 162 (just for clarity sake here)..
    You are right, my fault

..and why do you think "whose ever's name's" on the stadium is charging those prices?? - so they can pay those MONSTROUS salaries of course!
    Wrong, the name on the stadium only pays a royalty per year to have that name on the stadium, they have no hand in paying the players salaries.

And don't lay it on the owners' porch for shelling out those bucks either - MLB players union is responsible for driving that pay up. Free agency was the beginning of the end for baseball.

I find it amusing that Scott Boras is mulling over filing collusion charges cuz no team has made an effort to sign Barry Bonds.. couldn't be cuz the dude's the biggest cancer baseball has ever known, right??
    Scott Boras is the cancer in the MLB, I hate that guy. He is the VERY REASON that these people get the 20mil salaries. No other reason, not the players union. Look at Pujols, a phenom in the game, and plays on the Cards for 14M, most of which he donates to charity.

Scott Boras is the problem in this game.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Answers

2007: Dwight Freeney ($30,750,000)

Now you still didn't reference back to the 168 games a year vs. 16. The minimum salary for baseball is only 100K more than football, yet train more in the offseason, away from family months at a time, and plays 152 more games in a year. Yet in baseball they can be the same minimum their whole career. Football each year the player is in the game, the minimum increases. Tickets are more expensive for football, beer, chips, soda... the works.

Adams
    Umm, check your math bro..
    $72 mill over 6 years, with $30 mill guaranteed.

There is NO ONE in football who is paid close to 20 mill yearly. No one.
  5. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Takes 10 games of baseball to equal 1 of football
    Oh I dont disagree that a football game will take more out of a person. I am laying it on the line of how much time is dedicated to the game to commensurate their pay.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  6. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Answers

You are right, my fault

Wrong, the name on the stadium only pays a royalty per year to have that name on the stadium, they have no hand in paying the players salaries.

Scott Boras is the cancer in the MLB, I hate that guy. He is the VERY REASON that these people get the 20mil salaries. No other reason, not the players union. Look at Pujols, a phenom in the game, and plays on the Cards for 14M, most of which he donates to charity.
    Scott Boras is the problem in this game.

Adams
    Duuuuuude, c'mon.. Quit that nonsense.

Nobody is donating most of their salary to charity.

Will agree with you on Boras however - agents are a lymphoma themselves.
  7. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Umm, check your math bro..
    $72 mill over 6 years, with $30 mill guaranteed.

There is NO ONE in football who is paid close to 20 mill yearly. No one.
    * Dwight Freeney ($30,750,000)
    * Marc Bulger ($17,502,040)
    * Leonard Davis ($17,006,240)

Please note that NFL salaries are often extremely strange because of the way teams and players work around salary cap issues. For example, Dwight Freeney's contract is for 6 years and $72 million, or an average of $12 million per year. He received over $30 million of that in 2007, and the other $42 million spread (unevenly) over the other 5 years.

You asked for one person paid more than 20M in a year. And I gave you one, don't try to pick it apart because you dont like answer.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  8. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Answers

A-Rod's contract was $252 mill over 10 yrs., all that money guaranteed (unless he opted out, like he did -- so he could sign an even bigger contract!)

Football player's contracts are not guaranteed, unlike baseball's, unless it's provisioned (like Freeney's portion).
  9. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Duuuuuude, c'mon.. Quit that nonsense.

Nobody is donating most of their salary to charity.

Will agree with you on Boras however - agents are a lymphoma themselves.
    Because you dont believe some players are altruistic doesnt make it true there big guy.

http://www.pujolsfamilyfoundation.org/index2.html

He has donated, donated, and donated again. Not only money, but time. This isn't someone you see from another sport, bar none.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  10. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

A-Rod's contract was $252 mill over 10 yrs., all that money guaranteed (unless he opted out, like he did -- so he could sign an even bigger contract!)

Football player's contracts are not guaranteed, unlike baseball's, unless it's provisioned (like Freeney's portion).
    Again, you seemingly ignore the sheer unbalance of time dedicated to their profession. I agree A-Rod is being overpaid, but that is the result of a Yankee budget. He WILL NOT sign that again. He isn't being considered as hard as prior, BECAUSE of Boras.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  11. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Answers

You asked for one person paid more than 20M in a year. And I gave you one, don't try to pick it apart because you dont like answer.
    Dude, has nothing to do w/ liking your answer - it's just that you are incorrect. Or maybe I was not clear enough - annual average salary. There - how's that?

I don't care about salary cap issues or bonus $, blah blah blah. I'm talking YEARLY salary (I think I said per year didn't I?).
  12. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Again, you seemingly ignore the sheer unbalance of time dedicated to their profession. I agree A-Rod is being overpaid, but that is the result of a Yankee budget. He WILL NOT sign that again. He isn't being considered as hard as prior, BECAUSE of Boras.

Adams
    And you seem to completely OVERVALUE said time's worth in the whole grand scheme of things.. it's a freakin' game. No one is worth it. Period.

Umm, he will not sign that again?? I would hope not - seeing as how this contract will take him into his 40's when he'll be producing about 1/2 as much as he now -- if that.

Oh, unless he goes Bonds' route, hehe..
  13. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

And you seem to completely OVERVALUE said time's worth in the whole grand scheme of things.. it's a freakin' game. No one is worth it. Period.
    A game? Yes... but you also should realize this is a job as well. If you are not good at your job, you get shuffled a side. Saying a Athlete isn't worth it is kind of asinine seeing as you are a SPONSORED athlete.
    Umm, he will not sign that again?? I would hope not - seeing as how this contract will take him into his 40's when he'll be producing about 1/2 as much as he now -- if that.

Oh, unless he goes Bonds' route, hehe..
    Again, you are picking out one person when the majority of baseball salary is paid out at the minimum $390,000.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  14. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Answers

I agree A-Rod is being overpaid, but that is the result of a Yankee budget.
    And by the way - that original $252 mill contract was doled out to him by the Texas Rangers, not the Yanks, in like 2002.

He opted out of it, so he could sign a new contract with Yanks - last winter btw - that will average some $27 mill yearly by the time it's over.

So don't think baseball's problem is just Yankees & Boras.
  15. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

And by the way - that original $252 mill contract was doled out to him by the Texas Rangers, not the Yanks, in like 2002.

He opted out of it, so he could sign a new contract with Yanks - last winter btw - that will average some $27 mill yearly by the time it's over.

So don't think baseball's problem is just Yankees & Boras.
    Again, I never seen it as a problem. Being on the road over half the year away from family is tough, mentally and physically. Having to play a night game one night, then fly from one coast to the other and play a day game is not the easiest thing.

I find they deserve it, if I could do the things any athelete on the field could, then damn right I would like to be rewarded for my talent.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  16. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Saying a Athlete isn't worth it is kind of asinine seeing as you are a SPONSORED athlete.
    Yup. I should be quiet.. I'm trying to get that extra $5 mill outta Jacob right now myself.. don't wanna hinder my chances at that..

You know that's why USP's charging what they do for those supps.. so they can pay my salary! Ya got me..

Again, you are picking out one person when the majority of baseball salary is paid out at the minimum $390,000.
    Umm.. the average baseball salary is $3 mill per year.

Very few players are making the MLB minimum - rookies & the like who have no arbitration rights. This is but a very brief period in their careers.

I'm done here man.

I love sports - all sports. Love playin' em, love watchin' em.. but ain't supportin' em no more.

I'll leave it to you to justify this ludicrousness.

I'll leave it to guys such as yourself to keep the $ in these guys' pockets.. I'll just sit back and catch the waves..
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

If I had it to do over again, I would be an agent. On another note how bout paying 15-20 dollars just to park your car at some stadiums. I grew up going to Yankee and Shea stadiums, TV works just as well these days.

:bruce3:
  18. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Yup. I should be quiet.. I'm trying to get that extra $5 mill outta Jacob right now myself.. don't wanna hinder my chances at that..

You know that's why USP's charging what they do for those supps.. so they can pay my salary! Ya got me..

Umm.. the average baseball salary is $3 mill per year.

Very few players are making the MLB minimum - rookies & the like who have no arbitration rights. This is but a very brief period in their careers.

I'm done here man.

I love sports - all sports. Love playin' em, love watchin' em.. but ain't supportin' em no more.

I'll leave it to you to justify this ludicrousness.

I'll leave it to guys such as yourself to keep the $ in these guys' pockets.. I'll just sit back and catch the waves..
    You are throwing a fit over nothing man. This is a friendly debate. I only said the part about being a sponsored athlete because you lumped all atheletes in the same category, bar none.

It is the higher player salary like A-Rod that is balancing it to the 3 mil. If you look at a teams roster, most make near the minimum.

All in all its a pastime, and I love each game... well maybe not soccer.

I will keep lining their pockets brother, so you can sit back and watch it all unfold.

Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

I bought a pirates baseball and that's all i'm giving to the game lol.
  20. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Answers

I only said the part about being a sponsored athlete because you lumped all atheletes in the same category, bar none.
    Huh?

The only part I recall even remotely "lumping" athletes together about was in saying no one is worth A-Rod money.
    And no one is.

It is the higher player salary like A-Rod that is balancing it to the 3 mil. If you look at a teams roster, most make near the minimum.
    Not true, in fact conversely so. Each ML team is lucky if they have a handful of guys making the minimum.

All in all its a pastime, and I love each game... well maybe not soccer.
    Okay.. here we can agree.
    Some good athlete's out there tho, hella running going on..

I will keep lining their pockets brother, so you can sit back and watch it all unfold.
    Works for me bro.
  21. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Answers

I bought a pirates baseball and that's all i'm giving to the game lol.
    Shrewd man.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Damn thing was 10 freakin dollars man!
  23. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Damn thing was 10 freakin dollars man!
    I hear ya. So was the little 15" souvenir bat I bought my kids.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

It was a great experience to have a dog and a beer at the park but the prices associated with it is just too damn crazy.
  25. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Answers

No doubt.

Call me a pessimist, but I just think it's a shame how simple things like taking your kids out to ballgames have become a way to make others rich. I went to old Tiger stadium couple times a year every year when I was growing up, and my parents weren't exactly sitting on the bucks back then. I can only imagine what Fastone experienced back when he was a kid..

Now, everything "entertainment" has turned into big business, somebody's big profit.

Ah, gotta love these times in which we live..
  26. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Saw a movie last night with the wife, a 1991 flick with John Travolta (terrible btw) called "Eyes of an Angel", and this one scene had a gas station in it, showing the price sign for gas. Premium was like $1.09, regular .94 or something like that..

Made me laugh.

We're talking 1991 here guys..
  27. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Answers

Damn, start talking about gas prices & kill the thread.. oops.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Saw a movie last night with the wife, a 1991 flick with John Travolta (terrible btw) called "Eyes of an Angel", and this one scene had a gas station in it, showing the price sign for gas. Premium was like $1.09, regular .94 or something like that..

Made me laugh.

We're talking 1991 here guys..
    I remember complaining about $1.47 gas during the Gulf War. Man, what was I thinking?? I do however also remember gas at less than 50 cents prior to the 2 gas situations in 73 and 79 (lol).

:bruce3:
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Bill Cosby on Blaming White People
    By EasyEJL in forum General Chat
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 10-10-2008, 05:20 PM
  2. Politics Forum
    By AM07 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-21-2007, 12:32 PM
  3. Politics 2008
    By AE14 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 09:35 PM
  4. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-13-2007, 02:33 PM
  5. Arnold in politics-whats does this mean for us?
    By DieTrying in forum General Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-26-2003, 05:54 PM