POLITICS, vote for Cosby!

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

  1. Go Cardinals.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend


  2. Go Braves!

    Yeah man, those two are destined for a cage match!
    •   
       


  3. Not at all, spirited discussion and the right to disagree is part of what makes our country great. Also I recently read something that I can't take credit for but it makes some sense. Arguing online is like being in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded ( I've already asked God to forgive me for that).




    :bruce3:

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Fastone View Post
    Not at all, spirited discussion and the right to disagree is part of what makes our country great. Also I recently read something that I can't take credit for but it makes some sense. Arguing online is like being in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded ( I've already asked God to forgive me for that).
    You should ask for forgivness for that one... you never know when you are talking to someone with a brother that participates in such events.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Go Braves!

    Yeah man, those two are destined for a cage match!
    OH MAN... I already have my tickets for the 22nd at Busch Stadium.

    Nothing like beer and baseball in busch stadium... SO GOOD.

    Last one I went to was against the Rays I think, and ludwick hit a walk off homerun in the 12th... needless to say, I couldnt drive home shortly after that.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
    •   
       


  6. Last game I went to was the Pirates and Diamondbacks. It was an awesome game.

  7. I live in FL, and when I went to Boston in July the Sox came to FL. Haha. BUT, I did get a picture with that big burly looking brewer on the Sam Adams Beer commercials! His name's Bob. Super nice guy.

  8. Go TIGERS!!

    Last game I went to was Tigs-Yanks in Comerica, took the fam. I think this'll be the last game I ever attend; altho a HUGE baseball fan (the Braves are my NL team there J ), I refuse to support these guys' multimillion $ salaries any longer.
    $5.50 for hot dogs, $8 for beer, $4.50 for sodas, pretzels, peanuts, $10 for a souvenir bat.. tickets for front-row seats down the RF line.. the $25 I had to pay to have this dude watch my car in some sh!thole parking lot (this is Detroit we're talking about here).. I think the whole thing ran my fam of 4 about $300 -- and that wasn't even figuring in the gas for the 2 1/2 hr. drive!

    These guys keep getting their pay jacked to stratospheric proportions.. and then these owners keep crying they're not making any $.. all the while new freakin' ballparks are being built in every big-league town for hundreds of millions of $.. sh!t's just getting outta control..

    Okay, rant over.

  9. Ahahaaa.. yeah. Gotsta love the Sam A.

  10. I agree man. I had to experience my first MLB game and a buddy took me for my birthday this year. My first game and the digout was emptied and the manager was thrown from the game. It was awesome!

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    I agree man. I had to experience my first MLB game and a buddy took me for my birthday this year. My first game and the digout was emptied and the manager was thrown from the game. It was awesome!
    I love those basebrawl games! Good times..
    :bruce2:

  12. I disagree about the pay of MLB players. You have to look at it this way, they get paid LESS than a football player, yet they play 168 games as opposed to the 16 that football plays. They are on the clock year round, and have to be seperated from their family a better part of the year. Yeah beer and such is expensive at the park, but that isnt the players faults, rather whose ever name is on the stadium.

    eh, just a thought.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  13. Paid less than a football player?????

    Dude, what are you talking? Show me a football player who's making $25 mill/yr. (A-Rod). Actually, pro-rata, Clemens woulda made $27 mill last yr. - at 94 ys. of age!! (Okay, 44, still..)

    Who's the highest paid football player?

  14. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    Paid less than a football player?????

    Dude, what are you talking? Show me a football player who's making $25 mill/yr. (A-Rod). Actually, pro-rata, Clemens woulda made $27 mill last yr. - at 94 ys. of age!! (Okay, 44, still..)

    Who's the highest paid football player?
    2007: Dwight Freeney ($30,750,000)

    Now you still didn't reference back to the 168 games a year vs. 16. The minimum salary for baseball is only 100K more than football, yet train more in the offseason, away from family months at a time, and plays 152 more games in a year. Yet in baseball they can be the same minimum their whole career. Football each year the player is in the game, the minimum increases. Tickets are more expensive for football, beer, chips, soda... the works.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  15. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    they play 168 games
    Actually that would be 162 (just for clarity sake here)..

    Yeah beer and such is expensive at the park, but that isnt the players faults, rather whose ever name is on the stadium.
    ..and why do you think "whose ever's name's" on the stadium is charging those prices?? - so they can pay those MONSTROUS salaries of course!

    And don't lay it on the owners' porch for shelling out those bucks either - MLB players union is responsible for driving that pay up. Free agency was the beginning of the end for baseball.

    I find it amusing that Scott Boras is mulling over filing collusion charges cuz no team has made an effort to sign Barry Bonds.. couldn't be cuz the dude's the biggest cancer baseball has ever known, right??

  16. Takes 10 games of baseball to equal 1 of football

  17. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    Actually that would be 162 (just for clarity sake here)..
    You are right, my fault

    ..and why do you think "whose ever's name's" on the stadium is charging those prices?? - so they can pay those MONSTROUS salaries of course!
    Wrong, the name on the stadium only pays a royalty per year to have that name on the stadium, they have no hand in paying the players salaries.

    And don't lay it on the owners' porch for shelling out those bucks either - MLB players union is responsible for driving that pay up. Free agency was the beginning of the end for baseball.

    I find it amusing that Scott Boras is mulling over filing collusion charges cuz no team has made an effort to sign Barry Bonds.. couldn't be cuz the dude's the biggest cancer baseball has ever known, right??
    Scott Boras is the cancer in the MLB, I hate that guy. He is the VERY REASON that these people get the 20mil salaries. No other reason, not the players union. Look at Pujols, a phenom in the game, and plays on the Cards for 14M, most of which he donates to charity.

    Scott Boras is the problem in this game.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  18. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    2007: Dwight Freeney ($30,750,000)

    Now you still didn't reference back to the 168 games a year vs. 16. The minimum salary for baseball is only 100K more than football, yet train more in the offseason, away from family months at a time, and plays 152 more games in a year. Yet in baseball they can be the same minimum their whole career. Football each year the player is in the game, the minimum increases. Tickets are more expensive for football, beer, chips, soda... the works.

    Adams
    Umm, check your math bro..
    $72 mill over 6 years, with $30 mill guaranteed.

    There is NO ONE in football who is paid close to 20 mill yearly. No one.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk View Post
    Takes 10 games of baseball to equal 1 of football
    Oh I dont disagree that a football game will take more out of a person. I am laying it on the line of how much time is dedicated to the game to commensurate their pay.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  20. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post
    You are right, my fault


    Wrong, the name on the stadium only pays a royalty per year to have that name on the stadium, they have no hand in paying the players salaries.



    Scott Boras is the cancer in the MLB, I hate that guy. He is the VERY REASON that these people get the 20mil salaries. No other reason, not the players union. Look at Pujols, a phenom in the game, and plays on the Cards for 14M, most of which he donates to charity.
    Scott Boras is the problem in this game.

    Adams
    Duuuuuude, c'mon.. Quit that nonsense.

    Nobody is donating most of their salary to charity.

    Will agree with you on Boras however - agents are a lymphoma themselves.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    Umm, check your math bro..
    $72 mill over 6 years, with $30 mill guaranteed.

    There is NO ONE in football who is paid close to 20 mill yearly. No one.
    * Dwight Freeney ($30,750,000)
    * Marc Bulger ($17,502,040)
    * Leonard Davis ($17,006,240)

    Please note that NFL salaries are often extremely strange because of the way teams and players work around salary cap issues. For example, Dwight Freeney's contract is for 6 years and $72 million, or an average of $12 million per year. He received over $30 million of that in 2007, and the other $42 million spread (unevenly) over the other 5 years.




    You asked for one person paid more than 20M in a year. And I gave you one, don't try to pick it apart because you dont like answer.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  22. A-Rod's contract was $252 mill over 10 yrs., all that money guaranteed (unless he opted out, like he did -- so he could sign an even bigger contract!)

    Football player's contracts are not guaranteed, unlike baseball's, unless it's provisioned (like Freeney's portion).

  23. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    Duuuuuude, c'mon.. Quit that nonsense.

    Nobody is donating most of their salary to charity.

    Will agree with you on Boras however - agents are a lymphoma themselves.
    Because you dont believe some players are altruistic doesnt make it true there big guy.

    http://www.pujolsfamilyfoundation.org/index2.html

    He has donated, donated, and donated again. Not only money, but time. This isn't someone you see from another sport, bar none.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend

  24. Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    A-Rod's contract was $252 mill over 10 yrs., all that money guaranteed (unless he opted out, like he did -- so he could sign an even bigger contract!)

    Football player's contracts are not guaranteed, unlike baseball's, unless it's provisioned (like Freeney's portion).
    Again, you seemingly ignore the sheer unbalance of time dedicated to their profession. I agree A-Rod is being overpaid, but that is the result of a Yankee budget. He WILL NOT sign that again. He isn't being considered as hard as prior, BECAUSE of Boras.

    Adams
    The Historic PES Legend
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Vote for the next Prize!
    By Dwight Schrute in forum General Chat
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-19-2005, 10:36 PM
  2. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-23-2005, 12:12 PM
  3. A little Political joke for yah!
    By tommy36p in forum Politics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-16-2004, 05:23 PM
  4. Election 2004: Who are you voting for?
    By CEDeoudes59 in forum Politics
    Replies: 287
    Last Post: 10-30-2004, 03:02 AM
  5. Vote for Miss Fit
    By willieman in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-11-2004, 11:26 AM
Log in
Log in