What kind of guitar do you play?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. What kind of guitar do you play?

It seems we have more than a few guitar players by the look of the "greatest guitarist" thread.

Like the title states, I just wanted to know what everyone else is picking and strumming on. I have a Tokai Love Rock(Japanese LS-75) and a Godin LG P-90. I have owned too many to list, but I almost exclusively play on the Godin these days. It suits my playing style and has a very sweet tone through my Hot Rod Deluxe.

2. Epiphone Les Paul
    •   

3. Bass player here, sold off all of my toys and only have one left, a Steinberger Spirit headless 5-string...

4. I got a few but my baby is an Ibanez Artcore as83, until I have enough for a vintage Gibson Les Paul she will be my main squeeze.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
  5. tattoopierced1

dont play anymore, but had:
    BC Rich Warlock 4 string bass P/J active pickups
    BC Rich Acrylic Mockingbird 6 string guitar
    Dean 6 string acoustic
    Dean 4 string acoustic bass

I miss them so.
    •   

6. I have a 95 Fender American Strat

a 90 Gibson Les Paul Studio Lite

a 2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard w/60's neck

and an Epiphone Hummingbird acoustic

7. Ibanez RG170 (Electric)
    Alvarez PD100S (Acoustic)

8. ESP EC1000 with duel EMG 81's and abalone inlays.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

9. Stinger st-4. It's from a short run of Electric guitars made by Martin in the 80's.
    Shector omen 6.
    Nylon string spanish style cutaway acoustic.
    Star Body. Never have been able to find a maker, came to me with the comp. name removed from the headstock, kinda looks like a gibson explorer, but with a much different headstock.
    Epiphone les paul. Custom modified with scalloped frets.
    Epiphone telecaster.
    Brownsville Bat (bass)

Traynor amp, and a Roland cube 15.

I love me some guitar, i've gotten all these either through trades, or real cheap off my friends who stop playing.

Ive also got a bouzouki, and a digeridoo.

10. ESP Viper 400
    ESP kh-202

Krankenstein head

11. ESP Viper 200
    Ibanez EW20ASE
    Alvarez PD80S

12. -Epiphone Les Paul (Classic sunburst)

-Fender stratocaster (standard)

-Takamine acoustic

-Fender acoustic

I've had many over the years, but these are the few i still play. Anyone else own a pignose amp?

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

13. Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    -Epiphone Les Paul (Classic sunburst)

-Fender stratocaster (standard)

-Takamine acoustic

-Fender acoustic

I've had many over the years, but these are the few i still play. Anyone else own a pignose amp?
    Never owned one, but always wanted one.

14. I want one of these amps so bad
    http://www.roccaforteamps.com/

15. I have a Epiphone LP Custom(electric), and a Taylor Big Baby(acoustic). Haven't picked up either in a while.

16. i havent played in awhile but i typicaly play the AIR guitar

17. Ibanez RG1077XL
    Ibanez RG7620 w/EMG 707's
    Dean EVO Special 7
    Dean Q6 bass
    Alvarez Acoustic

18. Epi Les Paul Classic, thru a Vox AD-15
    I have an Epi Valve Special I'm modifying for wall-to-wall tube delight.

19. Quote Originally Posted by BodyWizard View Post
    Epi Les Paul Classic, thru a Vox AD-15
    I have an Epi Valve Special I'm modifying for wall-to-wall tube delight.
    Are you using the BitMo mod? I'd like to do something similar to a Blackheart Little Giant.

20. No, the plan is to swap the stock output transformer for a higher-wattage, heavier-duty unit, after I remove the DSP board (the DSP sounds thin & [email protected], & soaks up all the juice from the 2nd pre-amp tube. I already swapped out the speaker for a ceramic Jensen.

21. Quote Originally Posted by BodyWizard View Post
    No, the plan is to swap the stock output transformer for a higher-wattage, heavier-duty unit, after I remove the DSP board (the DSP sounds thin & [email protected], & soaks up all the juice from the 2nd pre-amp tube. I already swapped out the speaker for a ceramic Jensen.
    Will the original housing hold the new transformer, or are you going to end up with a "Frankenstein" head? Let me know how it goes, b/c the Little Giant and the Valve are in the same ballpark as far as price goes.

22. Check out http://sewatt.com - this is a site for tube-amp builders & modders; I know they have a section on Blackheart mods (tho I haven't looked at it)...and I sure have heard a lot of great things about those li'l buggers!

I can only be slightly jealous: my Special is a BIG step up from the Valve Juniors - though as I said, not without their issues - and I got this new-old-stock combo for (practically) a song....

More particular: all reports from those who've done it say the OT swap is a straight bolt-on replacement (yes, soldering required) - and as it's a combo, I'm sure I won't have to frankenstein it TOO much...(though I've been toying w/the idea of adding a THIRD 12AX7 and a SECOND EL84, and dropping in a reverb spring tank...now *that* would be a frankenstein worthy of the good Doctor (no offense to your Tom Baker avvie...).

Will keep you posted.

23. I'm not very good at all, but I have a Washburn D12 acoustic, and a Fender Squire Strat. The Strat is cheap, the switches for the pickups are hella noisy. I need to replace them. They were bad when the guitar was new. Shoulda taken it back.

24. Epi LP black beauty
    Epi strat
    Schecter C-1 classic
    Takamine EAN 15C
    Takammine EG523SC 12 str.
    Carvin Cobalt 980MW
    Carvin custom made semi-hollow body acoustic/elec.

25. All my friends play Seagull Acoustic Guitars
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What kind of pets do you have?
    By robdog in forum General Chat
    Replies: 192
    Last Post: 12-31-2012, 05:22 PM
  2. What Kind of Shakes Do you guys Make?
    By The Anarchist in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 12-04-2008, 07:29 PM
  3. What kind of form do you use?
    By m4gnum in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-18-2007, 12:58 AM
  4. what kind of oats do you use?
    By vision in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-24-2007, 12:29 PM
  5. What kind of car do you drive?