What kind of guitar do you play?

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
It seems we have more than a few guitar players by the look of the "greatest guitarist" thread.

Like the title states, I just wanted to know what everyone else is picking and strumming on. I have a Tokai Love Rock(Japanese LS-75) and a Godin LG P-90. I have owned too many to list, but I almost exclusively play on the Godin these days. It suits my playing style and has a very sweet tone through my Hot Rod Deluxe.

methusaleh

methusaleh

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Bass player here, sold off all of my toys and only have one left, a Steinberger Spirit headless 5-string...

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I got a few but my baby is an Ibanez Artcore as83, until I have enough for a vintage Gibson Les Paul she will be my main squeeze.

tattoopierced1

dont play anymore, but had:
BC Rich Warlock 4 string bass P/J active pickups
BC Rich Acrylic Mockingbird 6 string guitar
Dean 6 string acoustic
Dean 4 string acoustic bass

I miss them so.

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
I have a 95 Fender American Strat

a 90 Gibson Les Paul Studio Lite

a 2005 Gibson Les Paul Standard w/60's neck

and an Epiphone Hummingbird acoustic

djl7780

Awards
Ibanez RG170 (Electric)
Alvarez PD100S (Acoustic)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ESP EC1000 with duel EMG 81's and abalone inlays.

futurepilot

Awards
  • Established
Stinger st-4. It's from a short run of Electric guitars made by Martin in the 80's.
Shector omen 6.
Nylon string spanish style cutaway acoustic.
Star Body. Never have been able to find a maker, came to me with the comp. name removed from the headstock, kinda looks like a gibson explorer, but with a much different headstock.
Epiphone les paul. Custom modified with scalloped frets.
Epiphone telecaster.
Brownsville Bat (bass)

Traynor amp, and a Roland cube 15.

I love me some guitar, i've gotten all these either through trades, or real cheap off my friends who stop playing.

Ive also got a bouzouki, and a digeridoo.

DrnkMnky

DrnkMnky

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
ESP Viper 400
ESP kh-202

Krankenstein head

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
ESP Viper 200
Ibanez EW20ASE
Alvarez PD80S

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
-Epiphone Les Paul (Classic sunburst)

-Fender stratocaster (standard)

-Takamine acoustic

-Fender acoustic

I've had many over the years, but these are the few i still play. Anyone else own a pignose amp? :D

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
-Epiphone Les Paul (Classic sunburst)

-Fender stratocaster (standard)

-Takamine acoustic

-Fender acoustic

I've had many over the years, but these are the few i still play. Anyone else own a pignose amp? :D
Never owned one, but always wanted one.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
I have a Epiphone LP Custom(electric), and a Taylor Big Baby(acoustic). Haven't picked up either in a while.

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
i havent played in awhile but i typicaly play the AIR guitar :head:

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Ibanez RG1077XL
Ibanez RG7620 w/EMG 707's
Dean EVO Special 7
Dean Q6 bass
Alvarez Acoustic

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Epi Les Paul Classic, thru a Vox AD-15
I have an Epi Valve Special I'm modifying for wall-to-wall tube delight.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Epi Les Paul Classic, thru a Vox AD-15
I have an Epi Valve Special I'm modifying for wall-to-wall tube delight.
Are you using the BitMo mod? I'd like to do something similar to a Blackheart Little Giant.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
No, the plan is to swap the stock output transformer for a higher-wattage, heavier-duty unit, after I remove the DSP board (the DSP sounds thin & cr@ppy, & soaks up all the juice from the 2nd pre-amp tube. I already swapped out the speaker for a ceramic Jensen.

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
No, the plan is to swap the stock output transformer for a higher-wattage, heavier-duty unit, after I remove the DSP board (the DSP sounds thin & cr@ppy, & soaks up all the juice from the 2nd pre-amp tube. I already swapped out the speaker for a ceramic Jensen.
Will the original housing hold the new transformer, or are you going to end up with a "Frankenstein" head? Let me know how it goes, b/c the Little Giant and the Valve are in the same ballpark as far as price goes.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Check out http://sewatt.com - this is a site for tube-amp builders & modders; I know they have a section on Blackheart mods (tho I haven't looked at it)...and I sure have heard a lot of great things about those li'l buggers!

I can only be slightly jealous: my Special is a BIG step up from the Valve Juniors - though as I said, not without their issues - and I got this new-old-stock combo for (practically) a song....

More particular: all reports from those who've done it say the OT swap is a straight bolt-on replacement (yes, soldering required) - and as it's a combo, I'm sure I won't have to frankenstein it TOO much...(though I've been toying w/the idea of adding a THIRD 12AX7 and a SECOND EL84, and dropping in a reverb spring tank...now *that* would be a frankenstein worthy of the good Doctor (no offense to your Tom Baker avvie...).

Will keep you posted. :thumbsup:

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I'm not very good at all, but I have a Washburn D12 acoustic, and a Fender Squire Strat. The Strat is cheap, the switches for the pickups are hella noisy. I need to replace them. They were bad when the guitar was new. Shoulda taken it back.

Ribo68

Ribo68

Awards
Epi LP black beauty
Epi strat
Schecter C-1 classic
Takamine EAN 15C
Takammine EG523SC 12 str.
Carvin Cobalt 980MW
Carvin custom made semi-hollow body acoustic/elec.

Cordeen

Awards
  • Established
All my friends play Seagull Acoustic Guitars

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
All my friends play Seagull Acoustic Guitars
Those are really nice. They are probably the best bargain for a well constructed and good sounding acoustic guitar. Godin/Seagull products are really good and underrated IMHO.