Anyone else do this??

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am pretty anal and meticulous about my diet year-round. I'll have some periods throughout the year where I'm a little lax, but for probably 48-50 weeks of the year, I eat roughly the same thing everyday.

However, when I am taking a week off from training, like I am currently, I find myself only eating bvllshit and drinking lots of cerveza (as I'm typing this, I'm have a Pacifico). I don't feel guilty about this at all since I haven't had a complete 7 days off since mid-August or so last year, I'm just curious if anyone else goes retardedly balls-out during their breaks in training.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Once I get off my diet, the longer I am eating bad foods, the harder I find it to get back on track.

It's not too bad while I am eating clean for weeks on end, but after several days, it's like trying to break a bad habit.

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
ill go like a month without a soda... if i have one dr.pepper then its all gone to hell! i cant stop having the cravings for another for atleast a week

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't say I've ever eaten more than maybe two poor meals in a row in five years. Don't get me wrong, I eat poorly from time to time, but I've never had a week straight of poor foods.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't say I've ever eaten more than maybe two poor meals in a row in five years. Don't get me wrong, I eat poorly from time to time, but I've never had a week straight of poor foods.
I think it's so I won't want to eat bad foods for a long time. I did the same thing a couple of years back after I was done with a bulk and I subsequently had one of the smoothest cuts of my life. I'm already itching to get back in the gym, so I know once Monday rolls around, I'll be primed to tear it up.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think it's so I won't want to eat bad foods for a long time. I did the same thing a couple of years back after I was done with a bulk and I subsequently had one of the smoothest cuts of my life. I'm already itching to get back in the gym, so I know once Monday rolls around, I'll be primed to tear it up.
That make sense to me. My stomach just becomes weary after too many poor foods.

:lol:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That make sense to me. My stomach just becomes weary after too many poor foods.

:lol:
I am lucky to be born with a cast-iron GI. There is very little that I cannot tolerate, but I can tell a huge difference in many little things (skin/sclera color, attitude, energy levels, etc). The thing that is impacted the most is by far my allergies/congestion.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I thought I was going to be in the same situation this week because one of my buddies is getting married so there was all kinds of bs going on like the stag, rehearsal dinner, wedding etc. So far though the only slip up I had was having a beer last saturday. It was the first beer I have had in like 2 + years and I must admit I have absolutely no tolerance anymore lol. I can say that I follow John Beradi's 90% rule, where I can slip up on my diet up to four times a week. Usually for me the hardest thing is skipping meals when I am on vacation just because my schedule gets all messed up.

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
unfortunately for me... i was grown up on fast food. literaly daily fast food till i was 19. i had my first home cook, sit at a table meal when i meet my wifes parents

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I thought I was going to be in the same situation this week because one of my buddies is getting married so there was all kinds of bs going on like the stag, rehearsal dinner, wedding etc. So far though the only slip up I had was having a beer last saturday. It was the first beer I have had in like 2 + years and I must admit I have absolutely no tolerance anymore lol. I can say that I follow John Beradi's 90% rule, where I can slip up on my diet up to four times a week. Usually for me the hardest thing is skipping meals when I am on vacation just because my schedule gets all messed up.
During normal weeks, I'll have 2-3 dirty meals, but only if I really want it. I had not heard of the 90% rule from Berardi, but I've always subscribed to something very similar. My logic was even if I eat 4 really bad meals, It is less than 1/10 of my total meal consumption. Same thing pretty much as Berardi and I know how valuable it is to have a caloric spike during times of heavy training. I consider it to be my reward for busting my ass in the weight room and on the mat.