What's a good FREE mmorpg?

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
My gf and I enjoy dungeon crawling. We really liked the Norrath and Balders Gate series for the ps2.

I recently have purchased a laptop, and would like to play a good mmorpg online with her. She plays Runescape, but she's level 88 and it would take me too long to catch up.

What's some good ones? I was looking around and saw some that looked interesting....Last Chaos...Dark Eden....Dungeon Runner....anyone play those?

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently playing diablo II until 3 comes out. If you have a psp a number of dungeon crawlers have come out, including one with D&D rules.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Cant help ya with the free one's but if you're looking for some good pay to play I can poin t ya in the right direction.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently playing diablo II until 3 comes out. If you have a psp a number of dungeon crawlers have come out, including one with D&D rules.
We'd actually have been thinking about Diablo 2....

highly recommended?

Would we have our own world or will we have scores of 12 year olds hollering "noob" and "can I have food?" all the time?

Cant help ya with the free one's but if you're looking for some good pay to play I can poin t ya in the right direction.
I'm trying to avoid monthly memberships. With there being 2 of us, that would be twice the fees...

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Would we have our own world or will we have scores of 12 year olds hollering "noob" and "can I have food?" all the time?
you would know the answer to that already, you either have kids or you don't. *j/k*

It sounds like you're not familiar with d2, it's pretty old and not really an 'mmo', you might like guild wars, you have to buy the game, but there are no monthly fees and it's very popular. I've never played it but the character art is my style and would probably be yours too if you like old school rpg's.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Guild wars is ok, but it really gets boring. I dont like how battles carry out at all. I enjoyed WOW, but dont play it anymore. I dont play any MMORPGs

Try MapleStory. Believe it or not that game is really addicting and fun. Great MMO.

Not so much of your classical dungeon crawler though.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I usually play the G-Box system, short for girl box. I can play for hours.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
you would know the answer to that already, you either have kids or you don't. *j/k*
It's a biiger concern of hers...she has to put up with that crap playing Funescape and wishes she could get away from it.

It sounds like you're not familiar with d2, it's pretty old and not really an 'mmo',
The main thing we want is to be able to play co-op

you might like guild wars, you have to buy the game, but there are no monthly fees and it's very popular. I've never played it but the character art is my style and would probably be yours too if you like old school rpg's.
I'd actually been eyeballing Guild Wars too.

underadar

Awards
lost power city is not bad for an online free game. Only one IP adress though. If you try two you get banned for some time

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
I ended up getting 2 copies of Diablo Battle Chest.

I can't get the tcp/ip to work though. :(

I'm going to have to try a closed world.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
That lord of the rings mmorpg looks pretty good. not sure if they have a free trial or not. i never got round to playing it while it was in beta :(

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
That lord of the rings mmorpg looks pretty good. not sure if they have a free trial or not. i never got round to playing it while it was in beta :(
I was in the closed beta for it, it ended up disappointing. I was also in closed beta for Dungeons & Dragons online up until about a month after release. I have 2 level 70 characters in World of Warcraft (which I qut playing back in december) and 2 EVE online accounts which I reactivate every once in a great while.

Dyou

Dyou

Awards
  • Established
lol i admit im a nerd also.. i have 3 lvl 70's on WoW and several lvl 50's a good mmo i used to play every day was starwars galaxies to this day i havent found a game that i like more than i like the original SWG

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Runes of Magic=free+wow clone+cash shop

Perfect World=free grinder, good customization/graphics+cash shop

I play Lotro with the wife...but I still miss FFXI..:laugh:

FilipeBR

FilipeBR

Awards
Perfect World is fun, but no customizable clothing, they all look the same so it sucks

FilipeBR

FilipeBR

Awards
Nothing beats Ultima Online though....good ol days =P

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Perfect World is fun, but no customizable clothing, they all look the same so it sucks
I think you can buy clothing form the cash shop...they have to make money somehow lol.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I enjoy WOW because... IF I get stuck or have a question, every one already knows an answer to them :D

I actually enjoyed Rose online a bit back in the day, but still liked Maple Story too.

Dyou

Dyou

Awards
  • Established
I enjoy WOW because... IF I get stuck or have a question, every one already knows an answer to them :D

I actually enjoyed Rose online a bit back in the day, but still liked Maple Story too.
lol yea everyone knows the answers to your questions, but asking questions usually gets you flamed on my realm lol

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
lol yea everyone knows the answers to your questions, but asking questions usually gets you flamed on my realm lol
thats why you find yourself a nice guild. I got into a guild with my character at lv 28, i learned ALOT from some great guild mates. Then stopped playing again once I hit lv 45. I just lose interest i RPG's after awhile.

BTW what realm you on? I am on Moonrunner and Thrall

SoCo4Fun

SoCo4Fun

Awards
  • Established
I wish I had time to play...between work, training, and hanging out with the family I just don't have the time anymore :(

Dyou

Dyou

Awards
  • Established
i play on mal'ganis yea i got into a great guild when i first started. i get bored of wow also so i take breaks i thought the new expansion would spark my interest again but i played the 10 day trial and was still bored of it.