How are tattoos viewed in the body building world?

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
I have one tattoo. I want to get more but I would also eventually in the next year or so like to do a show. I know a lot of people on hear have tattoos but I have never seen any pro bodybuilders with tattoos. Would having tattoos be looked down upon in a contest or would it not matter at all?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As long as it doesn't obscure evaluation of development, I have never heard anyone deride a few tats.

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
Dorian Yates had several. Had a couple of them removed as time went on also.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
Im an NPC Judge, and I can say that unless its an insane tatoo that truly obscures body parts, it makes no difference....yeah we always notice them, and sometimes even talk amongst ourselves about them....never have we ever held it against somebody (yet)....LOL...

holy

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I don't know what the guy's name was, but there is some guy who looks like Batman or something. His entire face is cover in black. He was on MDTV training with some doctor.

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
Face Tats are a bad choice. Lee looks like an idiot; I guess he and Mike Tyson go to the same Tat-Artist.
Thanks for the feedback. That's good to know. That guy is going to look like one bad ass when he's 70.:lol:

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Lee looks bad with a tat on his face. Only Mike Tyson can pull that off.

Lee Priest is like 5'4" or something ? So you see a short, stumpy guy with big arms with a tat on his face that you have to look down to see ?

It dosen't work.

Batista OTOH is 6'6" and a tat on his face would work better for him.

The height thing kinda makes it a joke for Lee.

dustinhxc

dustinhxc

Awards
  • Established
i love tattoos so much, they are my passion. But i have not seen many big ones in the competition world. if you want them i say get them, im never gonna stop. i actually am waiting to get my right sleeve done just because i like seeing my arm actually show some progression, the other arm is all covered in ink and i can never see anything haha.

atjnutrition2

Awards
  • Established
The only thing about tattoos is that they can obscure muscle definition and cuts.

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i want a tat to. but wont a tat cover ur detail and ur striations(sp)

Brolic

Brolic

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I had my sister cover up my tattoo up with make up this week.. it worked like a charm.. I do have pics to show

JAGShaw

JAGShaw

Awards
I have 18 tats and granted, I don't ever plan on doing shows or going pro. Just remember, for every 1 decent person with tattoos, there's about 500 douchebags who THINK they look like a bad ass.
Truth is, tattoos look WAY BETTER on muscle than on some walking vagina with japanese characters all over him. They just want attention and for people to ask them what they mean. No one cares.
My body is a temple and I like to decorate my temple with ink

planetfuzz

planetfuzz

Awards
  • Established
I have 18 tats and granted, I don't ever plan on doing shows or going pro. Just remember, for every 1 decent person with tattoos, there's about 500 douchebags who THINK they look like a bad ass.
Truth is, tattoos look WAY BETTER on muscle than on some walking vagina with japanese characters all over him. They just want attention and for people to ask them what they mean. No one cares.
That's the way to look at it. Decoration...or a blank canvas.

dustinhxc

dustinhxc

Awards
  • Established
right on brotha. my whole body will be covered eventually. ps it does look better though when you are muscular and have tats.
here is matt from avenged sevenfold. i think he looks badass.