how much $ do you spend on supps in a month?

how much $ do you spend on supps ina month

• 1-100

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • 101-200

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • 201-300

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • 300-OMG

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
i know this has been done before, but i don't think for a while now. how much do you spend on supps in a month? supps only, protein, creatine and such. i'm in the 101-200 dollar range myself.

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
thank god i dont pay for most of my stuff... id be in the 200 range if i did

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
been wanting to ask the same question for some time... me personally averaging anywhere from 100~200 per month

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
been wanting to ask the same question for some time... me personally averaging anywhere from 100~200 per month
mine used to be over 200, when my crazy PH/PS stocking up phase was going on..........

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
mine used to be over 200, when my crazy PH/PS stocking up phase was going on..........
no kidding it all adds up really quick, i did a pulse cycle awhile back and that pushed me over my budget but at least i have some left overs for the next run so it wont hurt as bad.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I've been eating $120-130 worth of protein each week lately. That adds up to be quite a bit.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
I've been eating $120-130 worth of protein each week lately. That adds up to be quite a bit.
HOLY shinnies!!!!!!! I'd need another job to supplement my income for my supplements!!!!

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I've been having a taste for steaks/red meat lately and it adds up really fast.

I'm gonna have to get back to chicken/tuna/possibly protein powder as food prices continue to rise.

I actually discontinued alot of my supplement purchases to pay for all that meat, lol.

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
dont pay for much, and when i do its on NP for cheap or i get discounts (helps to work at a supp store)

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
why do you consume so much protein? i dought your body can process so much, thats like 20lbs per week. You better stick to chicken and red meat.

Last edited:

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I've increased my protein intake so that I don't lose any muscle mass while I am cutting (trying to anyway). I gain fat easily like you wouldn't believe it. I've taken up a ketoish diet with only trace carbs, and moderate fats.

I'm trying to do this 'recomp' everyone is talking about, losing fat while gaining muscle...naturally of course.

Its not a ton of protein per se. A lot of that cost has been coming from steaks.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
What I've been doing as of lately is buying (3) broil chickens at a time, plain, no sauce or anything like that, and pulling all the meat off of them and all the skin as well.

I spend a decent amount of time pulling it all off, then afterwards ziplock bag the whole thing. So there you have more fresh chicken waiting in the fridge.

I don't like using powder shakes if I don't have to. I have an extremely sensitive GI tract or something, but just about all protein powders make me have diarrhea to some degree. Whey, Anabolic Pump, some creatine powders, etc. It must be IBS or something along those lines.

I've only managed to find 1 brand/type of protein I can actually take after trial and error for so long.

This is mainly why I stick to whole foods.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
I've only managed to find 1 brand/type of protein I can actually take after trial and error for so long.

This is mainly why I stick to whole foods.

Have you tried Ultra Peptide?

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried Ultra Peptide?

I have not. What kind of protein is it ?

Right now the only thing not killing up my insides are egg protein and soy protein.

I've tried every whey isolate, etc under the sun and it still messes with my insides for some reason..............

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
SuperPump250
NO-XPLODE
Xtend
Glutamine
Whey Protein
Whey Protein isolate
Ultimate Orange
R4W

...........those are the supplements off the top of my head that have given me severe GI distress...........

it sucks as i do not have nearly as many options for protein/supplements as most ppl do.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure if I have IBS, allergic to milk, or lactose intolerant, but I have an issue with dairy products and a sensative GI tract.

Probably b/c I'm asian.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
SuperPump250
NO-XPLODE
Xtend
Glutamine
Whey Protein
Whey Protein isolate
Ultimate Orange
R4W

...........those are the supplements off the top of my head that have given me severe GI distress...........

it sucks as i do not have nearly as many options for protein/supplements as most ppl do.
That blows. I hate not having Xtend in my arsenal.

I generally spend ~$50-75 a month, maybe even less than that. Actually, it may be less than that because I'm a cheap bastard and the only supps I have to pay for are Xtend, Poseidon, and AP.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not sure if I have IBS, allergic to milk, or lactose intolerant, but I have an issue with dairy products and a sensative GI tract.

Probably b/c I'm asian.
Asians' are the most lactose intolerant ethnicity.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I figured I was probably lactose intolerant due to being asian.

I think Xtend is causing me GI distress from the glutamine.

I noticed Anabolic Innovation sells a flavored BCAA without glutamine and I've contemplated checking it out.

Even one scoop of Xtend will make me run to the bathroom in about 1 hr. Solid laxative for me, but that's about it.

So as of right now I do not take any BCAAs. This is another reason why my protein bill is so high.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I figured I was probably lactose intolerant due to being asian.

I think Xtend is causing me GI distress from the glutamine.

I noticed Anabolic Innovation sells a flavored BCAA without glutamine and I've contemplated checking it out.

Even one scoop of Xtend will make me run to the bathroom in about 1 hr. Solid laxative for me, but that's about it.

So as of right now I do not take any BCAAs. This is another reason why my protein bill is so high.
Straight L-Glutamine leaves me nauseated, which is really strange because very little bothers my stomach, so I am pretty sure that is the culprit. If you PM one of the AI reps, then they might be able to hook you up with a sample or two.

Bigash

Bigash

Awards
Ah, my first post and why not make it here :)

As i am from the UK i get ripped off for supps :( i spend about 250 Dollars just fro my regular supps but if am running a cycle or somthing it can be 370/400 :think:

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
Ah, my first post and why not make it here :)

As i am from the UK i get ripped off for supps :( i spend about 250 Dollars just fro my regular supps but if am running a cycle or somthing it can be 370/400 :think:
GOOD GRAVY!!!! i guess i take the pricing in the US for granted.

DBinMD

DBinMD

Awards
  • Established
100-200. But I try to rationalize that vitamins and protein don't count. The protein is usually in the afternoon instead of lunch, so I'd probably spend more if I ate out.

Bigash

Bigash

Awards
GOOD GRAVY!!!! i guess i take the pricing in the US for granted.
I know bad aint it, i do order from the states some times so i can make some savings....then customs send u a nice bill :rant: