Ronnie Coleman Suing Golds Gym

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
Ronnie Coleman, who has been crowned Mr. Olympia (do they crown them??) eight times, is suing Gold's Gym for allegedly using his muscles to lure in members.

In a lawsuit filed today in L.A. County Superior Court, Coleman claims Gold's used a photo of him to advertise Gold's ... a photo that was plastered on posters.

Coleman is suing for misappropriation of image, invasion of privacy and unjust enrichment. He's seeking unspecified damages and an injunction putting the kibosh on the poster.

Courtesy of TMZ

holy

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
He does have a legit reason for suing if he didn't give them the rights to use his image...
case closed... lol

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
ya, by law it may seem right but come on.... dude, your a walking advertisement in bodybuilding.
anyways im sure it will settle out of court.

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I'd be afraid to be sued by ronnie... lol. If he came to my office and asked me to take a poster down... im pretty sure id be a little intimidated.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
I cant wait to hear the real details to this...it surprises me that a company as big as Golds would be naive enough to make such a pea brained marketing goof....

holy

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Im looking for any more info on it now.
I wanna see the poster they used.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
I cant wait to hear the real details to this...it surprises me that a company as big as Golds would be naive enough to make such a pea brained marketing goof....

holy
Seriously. I can't see why they'd think they could get away with that? Doesn't make much sense... :think:

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Ronnie's gonna go gym to gym and rip all the posters down himself!

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure there's more to it than just this. This is a very basic breach in intellectual property.

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
does anyone know if he has an actual gym sponsor? he may be binded to another gym and that stemed all this

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I thought he lifted in his own gym... All the vids are shot in the same place that I have seem... and no one else is there lifting. so I thought he had his own private place to lift... idk tho

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
I thought he lifted in his own gym... All the vids are shot in the same place that I have seem... and no one else is there lifting. so I thought he had his own private place to lift... idk tho
i know he use to lift at my gym back in the day. arlington texas but i havent seen him there in along while. however, branch pops in alot

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
lol go track him down for us and find out!! Get some autographs while you're at it!! Have him make mine out to Inarius... lol

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
lol go track him down for us and find out!! Get some autographs while you're at it!! Have him make mine out to Inarius... lol
i just called ron boy and he said... change your name and he will think about it

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
lol. Ive thought about that. The name is pretty hard to pronounce and doesn't flow. something like motive or reaperx sticks with you... but Inarius is just a b*tch of a name. lol. No sense in changing it now though

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
waiting to hear more and....reason is....

No more mr O shows!!! He needs the money!

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
I figured as much... being a cop doesnt pay much but idk if he still gets money from sponsors for being retired...

motive

motive

Awards
  • Established
judging by the multiple luxury cars and the fact that hes no longer a cop... i think hes doing just fine

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
i know he use to lift at my gym back in the day. arlington texas but i havent seen him there in along while. however, branch pops in alot
MetroFlex baby! I think Johnny J. pops in too.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Why be intimidated? .45 makes even 300 pounds of solid muscle nothing more than a pile of protein.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
Ronnie has 4 kids form different moms i think, child support. Price of all that GH,Slin,AAS is gotta be ridiculous, Huge house, multiple cars and motorcycles, FOOD!, Going out(yea even though they are pro they prolly do) Electronics, BILLS! etc etc.....

Hes got money prolly but not a whole lot like youd think.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I hope Ronnie saved a lot of his money while he was 'on top' (no homo).

From the videos I've seen, he looks like he lives pretty lavishly and now that he's retired, he needs some other avenue to pay for everything he has and police work isn't going to cut it.

I agree with Twitch, I'm sure he has money, but not as much as you'd probably think.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd like to sue gold's for getting us to sign a contract, then selling out by changing the name to Urbane Active and marketing it to suburban wanna be hip hop douche-punks, making the gym impossible to use.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
I hope Ronnie saved a lot of his money while he was 'on top' (no homo).

From the videos I've seen, he looks like he lives pretty lavishly and now that he's retired, he needs some other avenue to pay for everything he has and police work isn't going to cut it.

I agree with Twitch, I'm sure he has money, but not as much as you'd probably think.
On all of the vids I seen him in, they house wasnt that "lavish". Sure it was a nice house, but not anything expensive looking as cutler's crib. I think it may be a basic nice house (300,000 or 4) maybe. So, that should be well paid off by now ... Also, I've seen him with a couple of cars (on the vids) hummer, 754 bmw, and a mag, I think? But, those aren't 200,000 cars, so I would hope they would be paid off by now ...

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
yeah but he also gets money from sponsors and selling his dvds...

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think several of those cars were trophy wins. So he should of only owed taxes on them.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think several of those cars were trophy wins. So he should of only owed taxes on them.
I was about to point that out. Wasn't his BSN deal rumored to be around 7 digits? He has his degree in accounting, so I assume he didn't just blow all of his money.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think I remember an interview with him talking about how Haney discussed keeping his finances in order.