whats your favorite Beer

corteztk1982

Awards
Hey guys, just curious, whats your favorite beer? gotta say mines Bud, and Heineken

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
not a big beer fan. amstel or michalob ...... not really a beer, more a cider, but strongbow and cider jack for taste

Sage

smike319

Awards
Free beer seems to by my poison of choice:)

I guess if I had to pick just one, which by the way is a very difficult decision for me to make since I seem to have this odd attraction to most all of them, it'd probably have to be "Newcastle". Rides heavy in the gut but it sure tastes good!

Oh yea and of corse my own. I have made maybe 15 batches (5gl each) of my own brew completely from ground zero and it tastes excellent, well the last 13 batches did anyway. The only problem with it is you got to sit and look at it for at least 3months before you get to taste that sweet nectar you worked so hard to create!

Cheers!

labrad

Awards
  • Established
Grolsch is my fave.

If I am drinking a lot that evening, it really does not make that much of a difference. In those instances Bud Light is fine. I save a couple of bucks and calories this way.

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
Every now and then I treat myself to a Shiner Bock. It's a Texas beer that is available on a limited basis in other states. Fortunately, I live in such a location :D

If Shiner Bock is unavailable, my 2nd choice is microbrewed hefeweizen.

~Todd

corteztk1982

Awards
thats sweet smike. My dad and I once made some batches of homebrew and it was damn fun! first two were supposed to be like killians and came out great but the third (and last) lol came out tasting like straight ****.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Steel Reserve:eek: J/K My choice would be a solid lager.

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
I usually drink Bud light, but I like Michelob, michelob lite, Killians, sam adams lite, modelo, dos xx, corona, red stripe and my favorite Hornsbee (apple cider) 7% alc by vol.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Sam Adams Summer Ale! Good Stuff but I like most beers besides the cheap coors and stuff. Beer is my weakness.

smike319

Awards
Every now and then I treat myself to a Shiner Bock. It's a Texas beer that is available on a limited basis in other states. Fortunately, I live in such a location :D

If Shiner Bock is unavailable, my 2nd choice is microbrewed hefeweizen.

~Todd
Good call tatortodd. I forgot all about good ol' Shiner Bock, and theyr'e practically right in my back yard. You know they are having their annual "Shiner Bock Fest" this weekend! Lots of live bands, partying, and uhhhh.......BEER!
You know I have relatives that live in a small town real close to there and Iv'e been going there since I was a kid. Used to to drink the original, straight up "Shiner" beer before it was cool.

Sir Foxx

Sir Foxx

Awards
  • Established
Corona and Cabo Wabo Cervaza(sp?). Unfortunately you can't get the Cabo up here in the states.

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
i agree with npursuit's sam adams in the domestic. & then the germans have always made something tasty with a kick!

goldylight

***** Vampire
Awards
  • Established
anyone try Magic Hat #9? Good **** - micro brew..

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by goldylight
anyone try Magic Hat #9? Good **** - micro brew..
Oh good stuff!!!!  I really only like it on tap though.  It's not the same in a bottle.

goldylight

***** Vampire
Awards
  • Established
Yeah - tap is the only way to go - #9 and some jameson shots is what i used to drink - great combo...

csakiges

Awards
I would say Yeungling Lager... a favorite around PA :)

http://www.yuengling.com/beers.htm
My girlfriend loves this stuff. She is on the east part of Ohio. I am Northeastern part of Ohio and you can't get it anywhere.

As for my favorite, I still love Milwaukee's Best Lite. The beas lite rocks, got me through 4 years of being a broke college student. :D It is an acquired taste. But if I go to the bar, usually bud lite or coors light. :D

corteztk1982

Awards
where you at in OH csakiges? i'm in canton/massillon area

Jcc

Awards
  • Established
Maybe not my favorite, but high on the list, and a great name as well... Old Engine Oil.

As dark as its namesake, but with a similar but better taste than Guinness.

cookmic5

Awards
  • Established
Steel Reserve J/K
What's wrong with the reserve?

I vote for Sam Adam's Boston or Bell's Brewery Two Hearted Ale. Bell's is a Micro-Brew in Kalamazoo MI, so if your from MI or close, you may have also heard of Oberon, but I prefer the Two Hearted, more of a kick to it than the fruitier tasting Oberon. Give the stuff a try if you get the chance.

cm5

oh yeah, and the Bell's beers alcohol % is pretty nice and high, although the reserve tends to top them by a bit.

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
Bell's Oberon is an excellent summer wheat, but I don't think they're classified as microbrewery anymore. I know for sure that they overproduced one year (there's actually a production definition for the classification) and went up to the next level of classification. I'm not sure if they cut back or not to microbrewery production levels.

Have you ever been to Bell's bar that is attached to their brewery?

~Todd

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
Good call tatortodd. I forgot all about good ol' Shiner Bock, and theyr'e practically right in my back yard. You know they are having their annual "Shiner Bock Fest" this weekend! Lots of live bands, partying, and uhhhh.......BEER!
You know I have relatives that live in a small town real close to there and Iv'e been going there since I was a kid. Used to to drink the original, straight up "Shiner" beer before it was cool.
I've never been to Shiner before, but I acquired the taste when I used to live in Texas. That probably sounded misleading, acquiring the taste only took one sip :D

When I have trips to Houston, I make a beeline for Jimmy G's and grab a cold Shiner and some cajun seafood.

~Todd

cookmic5

Awards
  • Established
Have you ever been to Bell's bar that is attached to their brewery?
almost... went to visit a friend at Western and we went to the bar, but we didn't get there till after 9 and one of the kids with us was under 21 so we couldn't get in. Needless to say it was a little disheartening:(

interesting note on the mircrobrew classification though, I didn't know that, bell's has been distributing a lot in the past couple of years.

cm5

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
killians on tap in a frosty mug

when killians is cold with frost at the top in little icicles... its so smooth and tasty... good stuff

tatortodd

Awards
  • Established
interesting note on the mircrobrew classification though, I didn't know that, bell's has been distributing a lot in the past couple of years.

cm5
I looked up the microbrewery classification and it's for producers who produce less than 15,000 barrels per year. Bell's production has risen to 60,000 barrels per year so they are now considered a craft brewer.

~Todd

MadChild

Awards
Grolsch, but when it comes to liquor, vodka would be it.

txwakeskater

Awards
Hmmmm lemme think?

My own Homebrew! I have made alot of stuff in the past few months.... **** i got a Creame Ale, Oatmeal Stout, and a Golden Ale all on Tap in my garage right now ! Oh yea, forget all that pumping, i got it all on CO2 baby in the Keggerator!!!!! And yall wonder where i have been..... Oh yea Smike you dont have to wait 3months to drink. I wait a minnimum of 3wks (1wk in primary, 2-3wks in secondary). Of course i have the kegging setup so i get to Force Carbonate! Even if you dont have the setup and you bottle it, u can drink in a month or so.

MadChild

Awards
and I was thinking that all this talk of homebrewing had to do with prohormones! Two squirts of oatmeal stout and one of cream ale then 6 weeks off.

smike319

Awards
Hmmmm lemme think?

My own Homebrew! I have made alot of stuff in the past few months.... **** i got a Creame Ale, Oatmeal Stout, and a Golden Ale all on Tap in my garage right now ! Oh yea, forget all that pumping, i got it all on CO2 baby in the Keggerator!!!!! And yall wonder where i have been..... Oh yea Smike you dont have to wait 3months to drink. I wait a minnimum of 3wks (1wk in primary, 2-3wks in secondary). Of course i have the kegging setup so i get to Force Carbonate! Even if you dont have the setup and you bottle it, u can drink in a month or so.
ya not lucky enough to have the kegging setup, you lucky bastard;) (man i thought i was high rollin when i got my copper coil for cooling the wort down quicker). so yes i gotta bottle and wait for the carbonation to happen naturally. your correct about it being palletable in a month or so, but waiting those few weeks longer really seems to make a big difference in taste.
so where do you get your ingredients? i used to get mine at this local place but it isn't around anymore.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Inzah Dude

What about diet coke with whiskey or rum instead? Would there still be no carbs?
According to calorieking there wouldn't be.

cookmic5

Awards
  • Established
and I was thinking that all this talk of homebrewing had to do with prohormones! Two squirts of oatmeal stout and one of cream ale then 6 weeks off.
LOL

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
You mean there are other beers than Yuengling Lager... imagine that!

Mmmm Yuengs and wings, a bbers delight;)

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Guiness Stout from tap, not that bottled snot they push in 4-packs... When I'm out partying, Corona or Amstel work wonders.. :)

decypheredbeats

Awards
Michelob light #1
Sparks #2
Rolling Rock#3
honoroble mention
3 dollar pitchers of anythign and red bull and vodka

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fuller's Extra Special Bitter.....and Newcastle

kranden

Awards
being a wisconsin born guy, I have to say leinie's honey weiss or the original MGD, Miller Lite....

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
Bigfoot Ale by Sierra Nevada is tasty.

I also dig anything by Samuel Smith Breweries.

A Winter Welcome is a fantastic brew!!!

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
Why not dig up an old thread :D

In homage to my hometown, I gotta give the nod to the Brewer/Patriot, Samuel Adams.

Harpoon IPA, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Sam Smith products, etc., are all excellent.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
...but nothing beats a nice, fresh, Boston Lager :cheers:

I actually served Jim Koch, the brewer, and I served him a beer. I didn't know who he was until after, but he told me that I poured the beer exactly how it was meant to be poured. True story!

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Without a doubt Duvel from Belgium ..best there ever was or will be....but if were staying stateside.....Fullers ESB