Whack Iphone App

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
I've got three issues two being with the phone app
1) it would be cool if you could add reputation from the iPhone app
2) I get the little red badge notification on the home screen on my phone but not when I open the actual app
3) on my computer the notifications never refresh its always a different number wen though I hav clicked on all of them

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Whack?

yeah, that will get me working on it real quick.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
Whack?

yeah, that will get me working on it real quick.
Sorry the subject was just to get people clickin..didn't mean it. Love the app jus those two things bug me

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would also like to see rep added to iPhone. And yes I agree the computer AM notification bar had gone down the crap shoot ever since that issue about a month ago. It never works properly, when I used to never have a problem with it. Love AM in any case though!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also, half the time I click on something it goes to pull up and stops. I have to back up and click it again a second or third time before it works. This is on the iPhone ap only.
Yea same here. It goes to a solid grey screen.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Issues have been noted but we're having trouble replicating the problem.

The notifications work flawlessly for us....so it could be an issue on your end with your browser.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Tough to nail down the issue...different phones, different settings, different IOS, different carriers, etc......

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
for me on the comp browser the notifications pull up threads that I unsubscribed from.

I like the IOS app, but the Android one just seems off. Can't get used to the interface really.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Only thing I can do is report it and try to find similar issues with other people who are using the same base program. We don't program the app...its through a 3rd party so all bugs/fixes have to go through them.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
for me on the comp browser the notifications pull up threads that I unsubscribed from.

I like the IOS app, but the Android one just seems off. Can't get used to the interface really.
Notifications have nothing to do with your subscription....those settings are here. Setting, General Settings, scroll to bottom.

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
cool :) does Forum Runner create / update the apps?

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Former owner of that....they were bought out by Internet Brands who owns Vbulletin.

MattyMac

MattyMac

Awards
Love this forum so far, much better than others I've been on. Been mainly using the iOS app and it's awesome but for me little bug, the app will close itself without warning occasionally. Its not that big a deal just thought I'd mention it if you guys are gonna try to get bug fixes anyway

tsugsr

Awards
Figure I'll just put it here instead of starting a new thread.

Had anyone had issues using an iPhone 4s and the mobile app crashing? For whatever reason I'll be surfing threads or forums and the app will crash. It's done this many times and has is annoying when trying to find something specific only to have to start over again.

stubbs481

stubbs481

Awards
It's funny while I was reading ur post mine crashed it suks when u have been down the columns and it does it

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Figure I'll just put it here instead of starting a new thread.

Had anyone had issues using an iPhone 4s and the mobile app crashing? For whatever reason I'll be surfing threads or forums and the app will crash. It's done this many times and has is annoying when trying to find something specific only to have to start over again.
No, not really....

Sent from my iPad using Am.com

tsugsr

Awards
Well I do not know what is causing it, but I know it does it just about every time I use the app. As the other response stated, it's super irritating when you have done all that finger scrolling only to have to do it again to find what you were looking for.

Maybe for the "last viewed" tab list of recent topics, could a way be found to make it show those topics that were actually opened and read vs. what it does now and show the same thing that's under 'current topics' ??

Just trying to help a great forum out :)

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does it happen only when searching?

I can't fix a problem that doesn't happen with any of my devices. App's crash for a million reasons....we've had over 50k downloads for the iphone alone and do not have a lot people have it crash on them or we would hear about it in the reviews and on the forum much more than the couple we have heard.

Apple IOS crashes apps sometimes....I've had it happen on almost everything, but thats life under Apple. Can't do much unless I can reproduce it on a large scale.

Try deleting it and downloading again. Other than that I can't really do anything...

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
^^ agreed - i had random crashes with the AM app on iOS but nothing more than what i would get with tapatalk or anything else.. I blame apple :)

tsugsr

Awards
Prolly is an apple issue, I'll try the reinstall and see if I helps, good to know admin read this stuff :)

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I have a 4s and it will crash occasionally, but no more often than Facebook, CNN, etc. apps do. If you can narrow it down to a specific sequence of things you do inside of the app which make it always crash then let me know because that would indicate an issue with the app itself. If it's at random, it's more than likely just an iOS thing.

I'm not necessarily saying that it's NOT the app's fault, but without something that I can replicate it's tough to diagnose.

tsugsr

Awards
Understood, I'll see if I can remember what I'm doing when it happens and I'll post it up if I figure something out.

hugenesshurts

Awards
new user... really like the app tho, gets me through a boring school day

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Please be a bit more specific if you'd like help with it.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is it me or does this app keep getting buggier?
About threw my phone at the wall yesterday.....

When I click on a log it constantly goes to loading with a gray background and then the loading will go away and nothing happens. Just stays on a gray screen. I then have to kill the app restart and a lot of the time the app won't load and I have to turn my phone off and turn it back on for the damn thing to work right. Man it gets frustrating. I agree with you here. AM for the win though!

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I already have. Read what I and everyone else has said. It's all true.
If you're going to be non-specific about a free app, please feel free to request a refund...

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you're going to be non-specific about a free app, please feel free to request a refund...
I tried to make light of what he was trying to say?

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
About threw my phone at the wall yesterday.....

When I click on a log it constantly goes to loading with a gray background and then the loading will go away and nothing happens. Just stays on a gray screen. I then have to kill the app restart and a lot of the time the app won't load and I have to turn my phone off and turn it back on for the damn thing to work right. Man it gets frustrating. I agree with you here. AM for the win though!
Phone/OS/app version?

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
iPhone not sure in app

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
When I click on a log it constantly goes to loading with a gray background and then the loading will go away and nothing happens. Just stays on a gray screen.
next time this happens try to click the back button then click on the page again and see if it loads? Not a solution but may help point me in the right direction when I report to the developers.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
next time this happens try to click the back button then click on the page again and see if it loads? Not a solution but may help point me in the right direction when I report to the developers.
That's what I do sometimes and it usually takes a good 3-4 attempts. :-/. Goes slow after that.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Report sends the post to moderators for review, not the developers. I will open up a support issue with the developers, but I have to warn you that for non critical issues their response time has been slow lately since vbulletin/Internet brands bought the app company.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ari sorry to say the upgrade caused more glitches then the old one. Was closer to throwing my phone at the wall today then any day. :-(

benmayro

benmayro

Awards
  • Established
i love the app!! its almost all i ever use,i just wish i could rep from ot!

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mine stayed the same. Works the same. Dont have any problems.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ltl, that's actually my fault. I should have told you not to update your app. It only gets worse. Sorry bro.
I hate you!

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ari sorry to say the upgrade caused more glitches then the old one. Was closer to throwing my phone at the wall today then any day. :-(
Wish I knew what to tell you from here, but I don't have any more suggestions. I've reported the issues to the developer so time will tell. There's been over 100,000 downloads of the app and a relatively small number of people (less than 10) have reported issues like this so it's hard to track down the root cause of the problem.

In the meantime, you can try using the Tapatalk app though it's got less functionality it may not have glitches for you.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wish I knew what to tell you from here, but I don't have any more suggestions. I've reported the issues to the developer so time will tell. There's been over 100,000 downloads of the app and a relatively small number of people (less than 10) have reported issues like this so it's hard to track down the root cause of the problem.

In the meantime, you can try using the Tapatalk app though it's got less functionality it may not have glitches for you.
Thank you, it was more venting then anything. Gets frustrating but oh we'll it's worth it. AM rocks!

Ps believe me I'm not imagining it...

I just think I use the app way more then most so it doesn't bother them.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ps believe me I'm not imagining it...
Never thought you were. Unfortunately with the way the iOS field is changing and the number of apps people have installed it's next to impossible to troubleshoot. If you've ever checked to see how many apps are actually running on your phone at any given time (double click the Home button and scroll through from side to side - those are all the ones that are running in the background), it could very well be a conflict between another app or apps you have running and the AM app at the same time. Completely non-reproducible for anyone else unless they had exactly the same setup as you (phone model/year, iOS version, same apps and same versions).

That being said, I will admit that the latest Facebook app crashes on me at least once daily and I use that about the same amount as I use the AM app so at least we're ahead of them.. Maybe we will file for an IPO and raise incredibly amounts of money from overvalued stock.... Hmm.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Never thought you were. Unfortunately with the way the iOS field is changing and the number of apps people have installed it's next to impossible to troubleshoot. If you've ever checked to see how many apps are actually running on your phone at any given time (double click the Home button and scroll through from side to side - those are all the ones that are running in the background), it could very well be a conflict between another app or apps you have running and the AM app at the same time. Completely non-reproducible for anyone else unless they had exactly the same setup as you (phone model/year, iOS version, same apps and same versions).

That being said, I will admit that the latest Facebook app crashes on me at least once daily and I use that about the same amount as I use the AM app so at least we're ahead of them.. Maybe we will file for an IPO and raise incredibly amounts of money from overvalued stock.... Hmm.
I'm constantly doing just that and getting rid of useless apps running. But you do have a great point. It's usely while I'm running pandora at the same time. I bet its from that, thank you makes sense. Guess I will have to live with it, not sure why I never thought of that. Can't be in the gym without pandora and AM going though so I'm stuck!

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
A little off topic but look into the Sony Entertainment app. I found that service to be better (for me at least) than Pandora from a music selection standpoint.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A little off topic but look into the Sony Entertainment app. I found that service to be better (for me at least) than Pandora from a music selection standpoint.
Will do bro thank you!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards