Suggestion: check the ****ing rep mode so the default isn't ****ing negs

  1. Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37731
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    44.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Suggestion: check the ****ing rep mode so the default isn't ****ing negs


    WTF? I've negged 3 people now. That I like. Why you gotta do the opposite of EVERY OTHER FORUM?


  2. Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37731
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    44.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Freaking again. WTF, I hate this 'feature'.
  3. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,851
    Rep Power
    778050
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    26.47%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    if I rep you can I get a wcr coupon code? hmm I better be careful not to neg you.
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
    •   
       

  4. Board Administrator
    Administrator
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,867
    Rep Power
    100000000
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    22.02%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    The more stars i see the less i do.....

    Love when people think yelling and cursing will actually get me to look at it....

    Checked twice, 2 negs...works fine.



    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  5. Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37731
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    44.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Lol, christ. Haha! Thanks for that, much appreciated, lulz.
  6. Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37731
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    44.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Your reps won't help this situation, lol. But sure, just be sure you use your coffeemug.
  7. Board Administrator
    Administrator
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,867
    Rep Power
    100000000
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    22.02%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    You're welcome.



    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  8. Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37731
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    44.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    no sense of humor around here. I take full responsibility: clearly there is not enough Dr Feel Good being flung about the board.
  9. Board Administrator
    Administrator
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,867
    Rep Power
    100000000
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    22.02%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    no sense of humor around here. I take full responsibility: clearly there is not enough Dr Feel Good being flung about the board.
    Well, gee, how on earth could we not see its a joke....


    BTW - Admins can see rep comments in your profile.....just sayin

    We all love being cursed out for something we didnt program. Its so much fun.



    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  10. Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37731
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    44.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Well next time I'll be sure to say what I really think, then. -that's a joke.


    But seriously, the point I was trying to make was that it shouldn't take thought to spread goodwill. -not a joke
  11. Board Administrator
    Administrator
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,867
    Rep Power
    100000000
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    22.02%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Well next time I'll be sure to say what I really think, then. -that's a joke.


    But seriously, the point I was trying to make was that it shouldn't take thought to spread goodwill. -not a joke
    It doesnt for me....it defaults to positive so its tough to fix something you cant recreate. Its not a setting in the vbulletin software.

    But seriously, i dont think you were joking. Just sayin



    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  12. Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37731
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    44.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    So when you hit the rep button on a random post, and and don't touch the positive negitive rep buttons, and hit send, it's a positive rep? It certainly isn't for me, as you can tell from my rep comments.

    And I'm not sure what you don't think I was joking about. joking isn't the right word for the thread; tongue in cheek is more like it. I don't walk around blastinging people/things. If I do, it's tongue in cheek, or someone's dying, not over an annoying rep glitch.
  13. Board Administrator
    Administrator
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,867
    Rep Power
    100000000
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    22.02%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    So when you hit the rep button on a random post, and and don't touch the positive negitive rep buttons, and hit send, it's a positive rep? It certainly isn't for me, as you can tell from my rep comments.

    And I'm not sure what you don't think I was joking about. joking isn't the right word for the thread; tongue in cheek is more like it. I don't walk around blastinging people/things. If I do, it's tongue in cheek, or someone's dying, not over an annoying rep glitch.

    Yes, the "I approve" is automatically selected...and i tried 3 different accounts.

    You do understand that i really dont know you...you do understand that all i see is someone telling me to fix the ****ing rep system....

    And you expect us to read your mind and not take it as some hothead angry over stupid gren dots?



    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  14. Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37731
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    44.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Wow, weird. It's happened at least 3-4 times.

    And I understand, it's all good.
  15. purebred
    Guest
    purebred's Avatar

    how the hell did you end up in the red, dude? i remember your posts being pretty stand-up and informative...or was that another poison? lol
  16. Board Administrator
    Administrator
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,867
    Rep Power
    100000000
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    22.02%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I did it. If you want it changed, you can create a petition to reverse it and i might reconsider. Rep is serious bizness round here.



    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  17. Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37731
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    44.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by purebred View Post
    how the hell did you end up in the red, dude? i remember your posts being pretty stand-up and informative...or was that another poison? lol
    Tactical error, apparently.
  18. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,718
    Rep Power
    986903

    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post

    BTW - Admins can see rep comments in your profile.....just sayin
  19. Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37731
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    44.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    I did it. If you want it changed, you can create a petition to reverse it and i might reconsider. Rep is serious bizness round here.
    Did what?
  20. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,718
    Rep Power
    986903
  21. Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37731
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    44.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Ah, cool (not that it matters for me anymore ). Thanks.
  22. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,718
    Rep Power
    986903

  23. Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37731
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    44.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Lawl! ^ WTF is that from?
  24. purebred
    Guest
    purebred's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    I did it. If you want it changed, you can create a petition to reverse it and i might reconsider. Rep is serious bizness round here.
    idk who you're talking to but in the event that it was directed towards me: i don't really care i was just asking out of sheer curiosity.
  25. Diamond Member
    MidwestBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,043
    Rep Power
    3092067
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

    Just to share my experience, I have had it default to negative reps on 2 occasions. I obviously didn't notice until after the fact and then tried to rep the person a few times to attempt to make up for it (I did it to JudoJosh and bdcc). And I know carpee has done it to me and BarbellBeast (though between you and me, I think he did it on purpose! lol joking).

    I'm not complaining, but I did want to say that it's happened to me. I'm now OCD about looking to make sure it always has "approved" checked before I do anything.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  26. Elite Member
    schizm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,674
    Rep Power
    2496858
    Level
    69
    Lv. Percent
    79.15%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    I did it. If you want it changed, you can create a petition to reverse it and i might reconsider. Rep is serious bizness round here.
    Petition to turn poison 'green'
    -schizm


  27. Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37731
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    44.26%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Y'all be green...with envy!!!
  28. Board Administrator
    Administrator
    Admin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,867
    Rep Power
    100000000
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    22.02%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Just to share my experience, I have had it default to negative reps on 2 occasions. I obviously didn't notice until after the fact and then tried to rep the person a few times to attempt to make up for it (I did it to JudoJosh and bdcc). And I know carpee has done it to me and BarbellBeast (though between you and me, I think he did it on purpose! lol joking).

    I'm not complaining, but I did want to say that it's happened to me. I'm now OCD about looking to make sure it always has "approved" checked before I do anything.
    Didnt say its not happening....but i cant reproduce it. Some experienced this months ago with the upgrade then it stopped and once again, i couldnt reproduce it.

    https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/...ons_reputation

    There is all the options pertaining to reputation with VB for those who dont believe me. It could be a browser compatibilty issue, javascript issue, or just a bug with VB...there are no issues on vb site that i can find that has this problem.

    You could try to create a thread over there with the same title as here....but i have a feeling you wont get an answer on their forum.



    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  29. Senior Member
    MakaveliThaDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    2,781
    Rep Power
    5918
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    88.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    fwitw, I've had someone accidentally neg me ONCE. Dude wrote "thanks for the advice bro" and I got negative points for it, I was like wtf?? But I've never accidentally negged anyone, I always check to make sure it's on i approve, and it's never not been on I approve.....yet.
  30. Diamond Member
    MidwestBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,043
    Rep Power
    3092067
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Didnt say its not happening....but i cant reproduce it. Some experienced this months ago with the upgrade then it stopped and once again, i couldnt reproduce it.

    https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/...ons_reputation

    There is all the options pertaining to reputation with VB for those who dont believe me. It could be a browser compatibilty issue, javascript issue, or just a bug with VB...there are no issues on vb site that i can find that has this problem.

    You could try to create a thread over there with the same title as here....but i have a feeling you wont get an answer on their forum.
    I don't know a thing about coding, so I wouldn't have any idea. I don't doubt it can't be reproduced because it's certainly not common. I just wanted to share that.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  31. New Member
    CDMMA's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  153 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    37923
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    9.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by schizm View Post
    Petition to turn poison 'green'
    -schizm


    Seconded.
  32. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,851
    Rep Power
    778050
    Level
    95
    Lv. Percent
    26.47%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    fwitw, I've had someone accidentally neg me ONCE. Dude wrote "thanks for the advice bro" and I got negative points for it, I was like wtf?? But I've never accidentally negged anyone, I always check to make sure it's on i approve, and it's never not been on I approve.....yet.
    I dunno, i've seen your advice, maybe he was being sarcastic nah just kiddin
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  33. Senior Member
    MakaveliThaDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    2,781
    Rep Power
    5918
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    88.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I dunno, i've seen your advice, maybe he was being sarcastic nah just kiddin
    LOL. Guys, Easy is picking on me
  34. Diamond Member
    MidwestBeast's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10,043
    Rep Power
    3092067
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    85.88%
    Achievements Posting ProPosting AuthorityActivity AuthorityActivity ProActivity Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    LOL. Guys, Easy is picking on me
    It's okay, bro. I already negged him.

    lol
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | This is what we've been workin on... | Inspire to Evolve
  35. New Member
    CDMMA's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  153 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    202
    Rep Power
    37923
    Level
    15
    Lv. Percent
    9.7%

    Quote Originally Posted by CDMMA View Post
    Seconded.
    Thirded.

    We can sign the petition once per day, right?
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Negs for Spoilers!
    By stxnas in forum MMA
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-25-2009, 09:49 PM
  2. how do I put a pic as my default pic
    By yoked317 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-03-2008, 10:14 AM
  3. Grid view as default
    By Goose in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-13-2008, 11:46 AM
  4. http://www.ontheissues.org/default.htm
    By AM07 in forum Politics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-29-2008, 07:45 AM
  5. Cycle check and suggestion
    By goldylight in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-14-2004, 11:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in