New layout

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I'm seeing that there is a new layout when viewing the site from iPhone, under supplements heading the nutraplanet forum is missing

SynergyIre

Awards
  • Established
Ads on the left are visual annoying as all hell. The movement in ads distracts me from reading. Not a problem on the right. I don't want to have to start blocking ads, but I might end up doing so to keep my sanity...

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Then block away because they are staying...

SynergyIre

Awards
  • Established
Wow.... hmmm. My suggestion is simply that given that for the majority of the people reading this site process by reading left to right, english speakers. By having the ads on the left it break the concentration of the user and while possibly giving a short term boost in ads, could result with a long term frustration with users.

I'd rather ads on EVERY SINGLE page then on the left of the screen. I don't WANT to block ads, I even supported the forum even though I don't spend a ton of time here because I love what you guys do. I actually click ads when they are relevant. That said, I'm especially surprised by the callous nature of your reply.

If ad placements damage the readability of a forum, I think it says enough that I care enough to mention it rather then simply looking for another forum. I'm gonna take the high road and assume you're just having a bad day or something....

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Ads on the left are visual annoying as all hell. The movement in ads distracts me from reading. Not a problem on the right. I don't want to have to start blocking ads, but I might end up doing so to keep my sanity...
I see what you mean. The left side can be annoying, I wonder how difficult it would be to move them to the right side of the screen, or write something into the code to allow each member to set the preference, ads left-ads right, depending on what layout they would like on their screen.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow.... hmmm. My suggestion is simply that given that for the majority of the people reading this site process by reading left to right, english speakers. By having the ads on the left it break the concentration of the user and while possibly giving a short term boost in ads, could result with a long term frustration with users.

I'd rather ads on EVERY SINGLE page then on the left of the screen. I don't WANT to block ads, I even supported the forum even though I don't spend a ton of time here because I love what you guys do. I actually click ads when they are relevant. That said, I'm especially surprised by the callous nature of your reply.

If ad placements damage the readability of a forum, I think it says enough that I care enough to mention it rather then simply looking for another forum. I'm gonna take the high road and assume you're just having a bad day or something....
Dude...if you get annoyed as hell to the point of insanity and you think I was being callous and had a bad day simply by telling you to block them, then I can't really help you.

My solution, relax..it an Internet forum. Its free. If you get so annoyed to the point of you gong insane simply by moving your eyes to the right a mere 2 inches, then the problem doesn't lie with my ad placement.

If I was having a bad day or callous, I would put a pop up ad on here just for you. That would be callous.

Me telling you to block away to save your sanity is just being truthful..nothing more, nothing less. Don't put too much thought into it..I sure didn't....relax..it really isn't a situation that should be causing you to lose your sanity. Have a beer..enjoy the weekend.

SynergyIre

Awards
  • Established
I'm sorry if came across as being annoyed or in anyway at risk of losing any real sanity. A better description would have been 'visually distracting causing loss of focus'. I'm sorry my words were poorly chosen.

My intention with the second post was to offer a more rational reason to balance out the first post, to promote thoughts towards a better solution, for site traffic and for your advertisers.

Maybe blunt would be a better word then callous. I only wanted to offer my perspective from a behavioral psychology perspective because I do care about the site, maybe too much. I certainly hope it works out well. I will have a good weekend, hope you do to.