Anabolicminds...then and now

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauibuilt

Awards
  • Established
So, this is a little venting by me. I've been active on this board since the beginning of this site in 2002. Sure my post count is fairly low, with 90% of my posts taking place between 2002-2004, but whey get involved in conversations these days when all you're going to get is a second opinion contradicting yours?? So, I just roam around and stay quiet.

Anyway, when I first became a member, everyone was so helpful and there were no smart ass remarks. There were rules to an extent, but not like "No post about PH's if you're under 21." I understand that the site doesn't promote use under 21, but why does it matter if people under the age of 21 ask or talk about it? Yes, a lot of underage people aren't knowledgable and causing the FDA to ban more and more substances (i.e. the CBS broadcast re: ph tren), but don't you think if they ask about it and become smarter, thats better, because they are going to do it whether you like it or not. Also, the drinking age is under 21. If you're going to enforce a rule and play police, better start editing posts of underage people saying they are drinking at parties! Same concept.

Next point....talking about prices of steroids. I understand that there should be no source posting and I believe should be remain that way. But whats wrong with talking about market prices?? What's the difference about talking about steroid prices and drug prices?? Marijuana....$400/oz., Cocaine...$100/gram....

Next point....I had a post edited yesterday re: posting a great deal on the net for USP Labs Prime. I understand that you have "Nutraplanet" sponsoring this board. According to the rules, nutraplanet is the only retailing company you can post prices on, because they seem to be the only retailer sponsoring this board. Well, what about all the manufacture sponsors on this site?? USP Labs I believe is a pretty well known sponsor on this site and with you editing my post regarding PRIME, you just kicked them in the ass on sales. Everyone on this board rants about how expensive PRIME is and if it were a little cheaper they'd buy some. Well I found a helluva deal yesterday and shared it with the members only to get it taken down and penalized by the mods. And I was not promoting for another company, I just felt this board "used" to be a brotherhood so I thought i'd share with everyone. So in the end...you just did Nutraplanet a favor by shutting down their competition, but at the same time negated some USP Labs sales....good job! And still no one who's willing to fork out $50/bottle but would for $35/bottle will buy from nutraplanet (no offense nutraplanet, you are a great outlet and I have my fair share of purchases). So in the end, lose-lose situation.

Next point....brotherhood. What happen to this general feeling? Seems to me all these old-school members moved on to other boards (i.e. BigPeteFox, Sage, MatthewD...hell majority of the active mods weren't here to know these guys---the only recognizable name that was very active in the beginning that I continue to see is Dreamweaver, however, I'm sure a missed quite a few).

Last point...what can anabolicminds.com provide that other boards cant? It used to be knowledge because a lot of things were open to talk about. We used to talk about converting fina pellets to tren, syno to test, where to buy it from, where to buy peptides, where to buy research chems. These are all legal to purchase people!!! You think the gov't doesn't know these products can be converted or used for consumption? Patrick Arnold works for the gov't and he's got lights years on all of us!

Withthatsaid...this board is evolving. It has turned from a very informative site to a marketing site. Basically learning about new PH's to be released and finding out about sales from board sponsors. This is the major reason why the educated one's seem to be moving on...

Okay, my vent is over. Just giving my opinion on how this site has changed.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's called liability. The board owners can be prosecuted for anything discussed under their "control".

Take it up with the government that's just trying to protect you from evil information.

mauibuilt

Awards
  • Established
Umm...you could be right, but I beleive we have the right for freedom of speech. I could publish where to buy steroids, research chems, converting fina, buying fina, market prices of steroids, etc in the local newspaper if I wanted to and they can't do anything to me. Worst they could do is keep an eye on me.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Umm...you could be right, but I beleive we have the right for freedom of speech. I could publish where to buy steroids, research chems, converting fina, buying fina, market prices of steroids, etc in the local newspaper if I wanted to and they can't do anything to me. Worst they could do is keep an eye on me.
nope...there are special laws on the books. Discourse shows conspiracy and intent and they have specifically made board ownership and even admins liable.

mooch2321

mooch2321

Awards
  • Established
nope...there are special laws on the books. Discourse shows conspiracy and intent and they have specifically made board ownehip and even admins liable.rs
huh....i didnt know that....is that why over at say pro musc you can say whatever you want? cuz that board owner lives in muldova or something?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
huh....i didnt know that....is that why over at say pro musc you can say whatever you want? cuz that board owner lives in muldova or something?
Some choose to take a stand.

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
It has changed indeed, maui. What can you do?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hmmm...f that...id choose to stay out of jail :privateeye:
I think it's more of an "if we feel like enforcing it we can **** you hard...so don't piss us off" kind of thing, which seems to be how they are pooling their power.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyway, when I first became a member, everyone was so helpful and there were no smart ass remarks. There were rules to an extent, but not like "No post about PH's if you're under 21." I understand that the site doesn't promote use under 21, but why does it matter if people under the age of 21 ask or talk about it? Yes, a lot of underage people aren't knowledgable and causing the FDA to ban more and more substances (i.e. the CBS broadcast re: ph tren), but don't you think if they ask about it and become smarter, thats better, because they are going to do it whether you like it or not. Also, the drinking age is under 21. If you're going to enforce a rule and play police, better start editing posts of underage people saying they are drinking at parties! Same concept.
Go complain to Congress and have them deem steroids the same as alcohol. When you do that, and establish that in culture today, the policy will change. Until then, you don't have a leg to stand on. You are looking at it in idealistic eyes rather than realistic ones. I'll make you a deal....when and if some of the forums and companies get sued by some overzealous parents, I'll change all these policies that you don't like if you promise to fork the bill for our defense. Last time I checked, it was a 50k retainer fee to even take a case such as that against the government...and that's just to prove your innocent. Its probably gone up since then. You could be completely innocent, but it costs money and THEY know that. So in the meantime, if they say jump I'm asking how high.

Next point....talking about prices of steroids. I understand that there should be no source posting and I believe should be remain that way. But whats wrong with talking about market prices?? What's the difference about talking about steroid prices and drug prices?? Marijuana....$400/oz., Cocaine...$100/gram....
Read dsade's responses or you could go here, write them a check and they can tell you if its smart or not.

http://www.cmgesq.com/

Next point....I had a post edited yesterday re: posting a great deal on the net for USP Labs Prime. I understand that you have "Nutraplanet" sponsoring this board. According to the rules, nutraplanet is the only retailing company you can post prices on, because they seem to be the only retailer sponsoring this board. Well, what about all the manufacture sponsors on this site?? USP Labs I believe is a pretty well known sponsor on this site and with you editing my post regarding PRIME, you just kicked them in the ass on sales. Everyone on this board rants about how expensive PRIME is and if it were a little cheaper they'd buy some. Well I found a helluva deal yesterday and shared it with the members only to get it taken down and penalized by the mods. And I was not promoting for another company, I just felt this board "used" to be a brotherhood so I thought i'd share with everyone. So in the end...you just did Nutraplanet a favor by shutting down their competition, but at the same time negated some USP Labs sales....good job! And still no one who's willing to fork out $50/bottle but would for $35/bottle will buy from nutraplanet (no offense nutraplanet, you are a great outlet and I have my fair share of purchases). So in the end, lose-lose situation.
USP and all sponsors understand the conditions on this board as they do at other boards. They pay to advertise and promote their products, not every retailer on this earth.

Next point....brotherhood. What happen to this general feeling? Seems to me all these old-school members moved on to other boards (i.e. BigPeteFox, Sage, MatthewD...hell majority of the active mods weren't here to know these guys---the only recognizable name that was very active in the beginning that I continue to see is Dreamweaver, however, I'm sure a missed quite a few).
Pete went to work for DS. Other people move on with their lives. Its life.

Last point...what can anabolicminds.com provide that other boards cant? It used to be knowledge because a lot of things were open to talk about. We used to talk about converting fina pellets to tren, syno to test, where to buy it from, where to buy peptides, where to buy research chems. These are all legal to purchase people!!! You think the gov't doesn't know these products can be converted or used for consumption?
Once again, click the link above, send them a check and they will explain in boring detail.

When they are done the bottom line is if you aren't willing to challenge the federal government and its stance against steroids or what they deem legal, you don't have a pot to piss in. That's probably what you would have left if you tried.

Withthatsaid...this board is evolving. It has turned from a very informative site to a marketing site. Basically learning about new PH's to be released and finding out about sales from board sponsors. This is the major reason why the educated one's seem to be moving on...
What is funny is this site was started to push a line of products that undercut Avant Labs but you think it was some jolly group of brothers who talked about steroids for the fun of it. It was to make money on products that are now banned. Back then, Google was a small company too. The Internet and its importance has evolved. If you want a smaller community of people that can openly talk about steroids and pricing, there are plenty of them out there...that is before they get shut down....like so many have.

Maui I understand your point of view because years ago I would have probably agreed with many of them....that was before I owned AM and saw whats its like on the other side. Its a bit different. My suggestion...buy a domain, install vbulletin, do what you suggest above and see how that works out for you in the long run. Best way to understand someones point of view is to put yourself into the same situation. I've been in yours...have you been in mine?

mauibuilt

Awards
  • Established
Gotcha....didn't realize penalties could be assessed to owners,admins of this board.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yep, the bossman has to do what he needs to in order to stay, shall we say, "unencumbered by the Feds".

Understand as a mod I don't alway like having to enforce each of these policies, but it's not about want..it's about what needs to be done to even have a board like this anymore. I realized a long time ago that this particular community to which I am only loosely affiliated, has no friends anywhere. Not at the community level, state level and most certainly not at the Fed. Bush was after AAS, Biden has a strong history of aggressive opposition and Obama most certainly will too if he ever gets the time.

As far as products are concerned, if we didn't police that part of it every stinkin 2 bit retailer wannabe would be polluting this board with spam, spam and more spam. I'm sure Cosmo spends much of his time cleaning that up.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yep, the bossman has to do what he needs to in order to stay, shall we say, "unencumbered by the Feds".

Understand as a mod I don't alway like having to enforce each of these policies, but it's not about want..it's about what needs to be done to even have a board like this anymore. I realized a long time ago that this particular community to which I am only loosely affiliated, has no friends anywhere. Not at the community level, state level and most certainly not at the Fed. Bush was after AAS, Biden has a strong history of aggressive opposition and Obama most certainly will too if he ever gets the time.

As far as products are concerned, if we didn't police that part of it every stinkin 2 bit retailer wannabe would be polluting this board with spam, spam and more spam. I'm sure Cosmo spends much of his time cleaning that up.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Perception is a strong and persuasive element of the human psyche, and perhaps you're mind is stuck in the past and sees such changes as a course for a negative turn. Everything evolves, even feelings.

My only concern here is the explosion of foul-mouth, uneducated, drug-popping hooligans that think this is their playground for verbal circle-jerking.

Besides that, this is the pinnacle in the field of supplementation/information about such.

I do, however, respect your opinion and appreciate the way in which you tried to articulate it.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Perception is a strong and persuasive element of the human psyche, and perhaps you're mind is stuck in the past and sees such changes as a course for a negative turn. Everything evolves, even feelings.

My only concern here is the explosion of foul-mouth, uneducated, drug-popping hooligans that think this is their playground for verbal circle-jerking.

Besides that, this is the pinnacle in the field of supplementation/information about such.

I do, however, respect your opinion and appreciate the way in which you tried to articulate it.

Agreed. I think it's an overflow from other forums. Although here it is still the exception, not the rule. So far so good.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
AM has certainly evolved in many ways during my time here. This is still, and always will be my home board. There has always been something about this place that draws you in and won't let go, haha. There are many very good people within this online community. Some of those good people have come and gone with time, but tis this event we call life.

Change can often be a very good thing. It allows for new innovation and evolution to set up the successes of the future. I tip my hat to all the Admin here on AM; you all have really done a great job over the years!

Viva la AnabolicMinds!

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Didn't really detract from it either. Everyone has an opinion about their news sources...

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
Didn't really detract from it either. Everyone has an opinion about their news sources...
It did to me, Jay. This thread is about the evolution of the board. It's not in the Politics section. While there are politics involved in government in making the laws that have caused the changes to the board, that comment was off-topic to the thread.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I disagree... Many of the changes to the board are from politics although i don't see your outrage on the previous half dozen semi off topic replies. It wasn't exactly a statement surrounding authenticity of Fox news.

/shrug

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
I disagree... Many of the changes to the board are from politics
You're entitles to your opinion, though I'm not certain which part of what I said you are disagreeing with. I already said politics played a role in some of the board changes in my last response. Other than that, the thread is abosolutely about the evolution of the board, and whether or not dsade's comment detracted from the topic to me is my opinion.

although i don't see your outrage on the previous half dozen semi off topic replies.
What previous half dozen off topic replies? In this thread? There were a couple, but they weren't antagonistic ones. If I responded to every off-topic reply I saw I'd never have time to post anything about fitness/bodybuilding...

It wasn't exactly a statement surrounding authenticity of Fox news.

/shrug
If you don't think the statement was a jab at the authenticity of Fox News, then I don't know what you're thinking... although you are The Jayhawkk ;)

Again, the comment was antagonistic and unecessary to get the point across of the article and what's going on with abuse of government power.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pete went to work for DS. Other people move on with their lives. Its life.
YouTube - I got no where else to go

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like Fox news but I guess I've known Dsade long enough to not get miffed at hiis one-liners... He's unbiased when issuing those :)

Either way, I am the Jayhawkk lol

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I like Dsade, not trying to attack him personally or anything, just didn't want the thread turning into a political left-right topic. It seems to be a joint effort of both sides/parties to over-prosecute for anabolics & grey-area peptides & ancillaries.

OK, I'm going to be quiet now because I'm starting to talk about the same things I complained about hearing... :run:

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just a joke, guys...and a half-warning that it's to be taken with a grain of salt coming from a news organization that has been accused from the inside of slanting their reporting to fit an agenda.

Even so, and given the limitations of the cases mentioned, the laws are still on the books - selective enforcement and all - which definitely applies to the case brought up in this thread and the article has merit.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just a joke, guys...and a half-warning that it's to be taken with a grain of salt coming from a news organization that has been accused from the inside of slanting their reporting to fit an agenda.
Which basically matches every news organization that has ever existed, especially post Watergate. :)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
Which basically matches every news organization that has ever existed, especially post Watergate. :)
Well, except some news orgs have not just been accused, but proven to have slanted reports to fit an agenda (ala Dan Rather @ CBS, etc.). All the more reason that I thought it was unecessary to say. You gotta take news from any source with a grain of salt these days...

I still love you though Dsade, in a psycho-stalker kind of way :kiss:

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
word up....I sometimes miss the good ol days...but whatcha gonna do?

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Now i'm assuming these laws are mostly in the U.S. if your in a place where steroids are legal to buy and a site wants to have open sources on their board then isn't that ok, wtf can the FDA do?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's called liability. The board owners can be prosecuted for anything discussed under their "control".

Take it up with the government that's just trying to protect you from evil information.
This is a misconception. Internet forums cannot be prosecuted for others opinions or information... sure you can be bullied, but would not be prosecuted in a court of law. Otherwise MySpace, or even the Mother that drove a child to suicide would be jailed right now, but as you can see, MySpace is fully functional, and the mother is scott free.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is a misconception. Internet forums cannot be prosecuted for others opinions or information... sure you can be bullied, but would not be prosecuted in a court of law. Otherwise MySpace, or even the Mother that drove a child to suicide would be jailed right now, but as you can see, MySpace is fully functional, and the mother is scott free.
It's called conspiracy to commit a felony.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's called conspiracy to commit a felony.
Sharing a recipe for Fina would not be prosecuted by a jury of your peers. I must reference you to the Myspace incident, when the mom told a juvenile to kill herself and she did.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There's a difference between allowing it to happen and knowing it's going on versus an incident that wasn't under the direct control. Myspace has various rules in place that says it isn't okay as well as removing users when are made aware.

Your reasoning is flawed.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sharing a recipe for Fina would not be prosecuted by a jury of your peers. .
Don't be so sure...the country is brainwashed by govt and mass media. Converting Fina is illegal, thus facilitating information that assists people in committing a felony is prosecutable.

Once again, this falls under the "we probably wont prosecute, but we have you now should we ever decide we don't like you."

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There's a difference between allowing it to happen and knowing it's going on versus an incident that wasn't under the direct control. Myspace has various rules in place that says it isn't okay as well as removing users when are made aware.

Your reasoning is flawed.
This is the liability of the individual. The views expressed in a public forum is not necessarily the views of the owner/moderator. Again, otherwise blogspot would have been taken down long ago. You cannot persecute others for ones crimes. Unless an administrator see's drugs changing hands, he/she is no witness to a crime.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't be so sure...the country is brainwashed by govt and mass media. Converting Fina is illegal, thus facilitating information that assists people in committing a felony is prosecutable.

Once again, this falls under the "we probably wont prosecute, but we have you now should we ever decide we don't like you."
Not disagreeing that it is easier on life for yourself to institute these rules... avoiding any bullying all around is a smart idea. not denying that in the least. As written, it is not a crime. You can find recipes on the internet for meth and how to cook it, with the domain and servers residing on US soil... information is not illegal, the act is.

Status
Not open for further replies.