Attached Photo Problems

fightercowboy

fightercowboy

Awards
  • Established
For some reason I can't see attached photos on posts. It shows a red X where the image is supposed to be. I have the new Internet Explorer. Anyone know what the problem could be? I tried messing with my settings for the forum and nothing has worked.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Give me a link to an example.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
For some reason I can't see attached photos on posts. It shows a red X where the image is supposed to be. I have the new Internet Explorer. Anyone know what the problem could be? I tried messing with my settings for the forum and nothing has worked.
I downloaded IE 8 last night, haven't played with it yet...will check though.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I downloaded IE 8 last night, haven't played with it yet...will check though.
Yep, same problem here. Just glanced through all the preferences and whatnot and they all seem to be right. Microsoft wins again!!

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Is this problem happening from your home on all browsers or one browser? Or, are you at your work place? If the latter, then it might be your company's security settings. If you are at home, verify if the issue happens with all browsers or one browser. At home, it could be your security settings as well. I remember when I first set up my untangle server at home, it was blocking all images, until I told it what sites to allow images thru.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Can you try it again please and let me know? It appears to just be an IE8 issue. Works fine for me in IE7 and in Firefox. I've just made a couple of changes for IE8 compatibility so let me know how it goes. Got to love Microsoft - roll out a browser update and then force everyone to make some compatibility changes - then call it a "feature", not a "bug". :)

fightercowboy

fightercowboy

Awards
  • Established
Ok guys I fixed it. If anyone else is having problems, the procedure is:

Tools>Internet Options>Security Tab>Select "Trusted Sites">add https://anabolicminds.com>set security to low.

Under regular security settings IE8 only allows for medium security. Make sure that you change http:// to https://

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its fixed anyway. Just do Alt + F5 to do a total refresh and should be fine now.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
AM doesn't run on https:// so what you did, while having all good intentions, doesn't really do anything. :) I think it was an issue of you trying that at the same time we made some modifications for IE8 compatibility in the code here.

Besides, there's over 80,000 users on AM and I'd rather fix it once on the server side than to tell 80,000+ people that they have to lower the security settings to visit the site.

Great effort, though, so that's always appreciated!:thanks:

Oh, and always, thanks for posting this sort of thing - we'd never find all of the issues without help from you guys. There's so many different operating system and browser combinations that it would be impossible for us to track down everything on our own.

fightercowboy

fightercowboy

Awards
  • Established
Yeah maybe it happened right at the same time. Thanks for the fix!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
You mean you're not running IE 8 in WinME on a 400Mhz Pentium 2?!

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Nah, I gave up at WinME and just downgraded to Windows 3.1. It's much more stable and it absolutely FLIES on my Quad Xeon 3Ghz machine with 16GB of RAM.:biggthumpup: