Maybe a guideline for companies in company promotions section?

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Cosmo said..

Criteria for selecting logs is the company's prerogative, not ours. We simply do not, nor will have the manpower to enforce such rules for 25+ companies. Its a reps job to determine such things, not ours

Wich wasnt really the point that i was asking you to consider, maybe a sticky as a guideline for companies could be placed by somone with authority and respect such as yourself, in the companies promotions section, that would at least guide companies in the decisions they make, based on the request made in the previous thread wich is now closed.
Then it would still remain the companies perogative to choose who they wanted to log, but it would also guide those applying for logs. I would be happy to consult all board supporting companies and ask the criteria and guidelines that they would like as a general rule for all applicants? Would this be fair? And i could post all the information obtained to you for you to use your skills and understanding to write an appropriate thread.
I hope this does not cause offense in any way, and whatever decision you make here i shall not re-raise the subject again, sincerely yours, Russian

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I understand why people would want this, however I would hope that it might be apparent that there will always be subjectivity in these selections. As it is reps who typically make the call, and the reps want to make sure that they pick someone who
1. has shown consistency here at am with knowledgeable posts
2. possible prior logs or interest in the product category being tested
3. has shown themselves to be available to update the log regularly.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
I understand why people would want this, however I would hope that it might be apparent that there will always be subjectivity in these selections. As it is reps who typically make the call, and the reps want to make sure that they pick someone who
1. has shown consistency here at am with knowledgeable posts
2. possible prior logs or interest in the product category being tested
3. has shown themselves to be available to update the log regularly.
Very true, it was just a thought, maybe a guide for possible applicants rather than reps?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
also, not all contests are run in the Applicant format... sometimes creativity goes into play. I just don't really seeing something like this helping too much honestly. Usually if a company runs a promotion they explain what it is and their application process for that particular contest.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
in the thread in question, IronMagLabs asked our opinion of what OUR choices would be. lets point him in the right direction so they make a right decision, and can keep making promos.

i think when IML starts looking over the company promotions, they'll see how other companies do this - name/location/years lifting/age/goals/prior log history/prior similar supplement history, etc.

i think the most important one is prior log history, as the company can see if the logs are detailed enough for the applicant to be considered a tester.

if any new member wants a promotion, they should log something from their home to show they can post regularly for 30 days - hell, even an asprin/caffeine pre-workout-cocktail log would be good. IMO. its more about proving your consistency than anything else.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
in the thread in question, IronMagLabs asked our opinion of what OUR choices would be. lets point him in the right direction so they make a right decision, and can keep making promos.

i think when IML starts looking over the company promotions, they'll see how other companies do this - name/location/years lifting/age/goals/prior log history/prior similar supplement history, etc.

i think the most important one is prior log history, as the company can see if the logs are detailed enough for the applicant to be considered a tester.

if any new member wants a promotion, they should log something from their home to show they can post regularly for 30 days - hell, even an asprin/caffeine pre-workout-cocktail log would be good. IMO. its more about proving your consistency than anything else.

Ponit taken guys, i can see how its probably not the best idea, but i think sunclouds suggestion on using maybe the extra guideline for applicants like previous log history, i think that should be a standard on all spnosored oppurtunities.
Sorry to AM for making this thread, and apolagies to you cosmo, as i can see its not practical.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
also, not all contests are run in the Applicant format... sometimes creativity goes into play. I just don't really seeing something like this helping too much honestly. Usually if a company runs a promotion they explain what it is and their application process for that particular contest.
Exactly, it is usually spelled out fairly explicitly in terms of what is desired by a potential logger

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Russian, I see where you are coming from; however, the Admin/Mod's can not dictate rules for loggers when the logger is tied to a certain company. They (Admin/Mod) have their hands full with a lot around here, and ruling over who can apply, or how they apply is not something that you really want. After all, it is the Company's sole responsibility to ensure that those chosen can handle the guidelines that should be set in place from the very first post looking for testers/loggers. Having the Admin rule over that would essentially be a bad idea for all parties involved.

One thing that I always do is I make it very clear what it is that I need from the loggers. I also talk with each person that applies (almost an interview), then I make sure that all criteria is met well beforehand. I also make it abundantly clear that I do not want to see people voting for others, or putting in, "Jonny Juice has my approval," any where in the thread.

Also, I also have a post minimum posted clearly so that no one can say that I didn't choose them because they're new. The funny thing is, even a month after I've selected loggers, and the logs are almost over, people still come in and apply. That means that they did not take the time and read everything, so I automatically will shill that person for any future log opportunity. I refuse to let an Admin/Mod step in and tell me who is a good pick, or to tell me that I have to set the process up a certain way. That is my job.

Also, not every company runs promotions the same, nor should we all have a blue-print for one either.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Russian, I see where you are coming from; however, the Admin/Mod's can not dictate rules for loggers when the logger is tied to a certain company. They (Admin/Mod) have their hands full with a lot around here, and ruling over who can apply, or how they apply is not something that you really want. After all, it is the Companies sole responsibility to ensure that those chosen can handle the guidelines that should be set in place from the very first post looking for testers/loggers. Having the Admin rule over that would essentially be a bad idea for all parties involved.

One thing that I always do is I make it very clear what it is that I need from the loggers. I also talk with each person that applies (almost an interview), then I make sure that all criteria is met well beforehand. I also make it abundantly clear that I do not want to see people voting for others, or putting in, "Jonny Juice has my approval," any where in the thread.

Also, I also have a post minimum posted clearly so that no one can say that I didn't choose them because they're new. The funny thing is, even a month after I've selected loggers, and the logs are almost over, people still come in and apply. That means that they did not take the time and read everything, so I automatically will shill that person for any future log opportunity. I refuse to let an Admin/Mod step in and tell me who is a good pick, or to tell me that I have to set the process up a certain way. That is my job.

Also, not every company runs promotions the same, nor should we all have a blue-print for one either.

Again im very sorry for bringing this up, and in future i shall keep quiet.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Again im very sorry for bringing this up, and in future i shall keep quiet.
Why would you do that, Russian? You have a valid point; however, it's better that we have control over the Promotional ventures for our respected company.

No need to apologize, my friend. I would like to discuss this further just to hear others opinion's on the matter.

learn

learn

Awards
  • Established
only thing I would like to see is if a member does not log the product that they receive the should get banned / IP banned

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
only thing I would like to see is if a member does not log the product that they receive the should get banned / IP banned
i think they should have a chance to explain why their log failed, return any unopened bottles to the company or get banned. or we can neg them into the red so they can't log any future products :)

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i think they should have a chance to explain why their log failed...
This is a fair first step. Sometimes they are unable to continue/finish a log due to legitimate reasons.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
This is a fair first step. Sometimes they are unable to continue/finish a log due to legitimate reasons.
i've seen a few where its just "things happen", at no fault of the logger. situations out of their control, accidents, hurricanes, etc. there should always be some attempt to let the log readers know that "something came up", and offer the company that sponsored the log an opportunity to get whatever they sent back, and a polite heads up on what is happening.

if anyone sent sent me something worth 50 bucks and there wasn't an attempt on my part to repost in said log, or a PM sent explaining a personal issue, i'd expect them to be furious. if something came up out of their control, its hard to hold a grudge though.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i've seen a few where its just "things happen", at no fault of the logger. situations out of their control, accidents, hurricanes, etc. there should always be some attempt to let the log readers know that "something came up", and offer the company that sponsored the log an opportunity to get whatever they sent back, and a polite heads up on what is happening.

if anyone sent sent me something worth 50 bucks and there wasn't an attempt on my part to repost in said log, or a PM sent explaining a personal issue, i'd expect them to be furious. if something came up out of their control, its hard to hold a grudge though.
We are in complete agreement.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
Russian, I think it was a good idea to post your thoughts on the matter and you should not apologize for doing so, for companies that are running or planning to run any promotions or are in need to loggers they dictate the process but if they see this thread they will have a better idea for those requirements and for anyone who'd like to participate in logging some promotion they will benefit by reading this as well, very good advice here from experienced members! Overall very good discussion :thumbsup:

Last edited:
JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established

Great point.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Its true, right near the end of my the one log, my closest friend died in tragic circumstances, i really wanted to just stop training, and not tell everyone, but i knew it would be unfair, especialy for appnut, and they allowed me to explain myself. So i think this should be the firts step, if somone is reputable and they dont log something, they shouldnt be negged into oblivion, they should be allowed to explain how they feel, or what happened, then if its ligit, either given another chance, or let them redeem themselves.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Russian, I think it was a good idea to post your thoughts on the matter and you should not apologize for doing so, for companies that are running or planning to run any promotions or are in need to loggers they dictate the process but if they see this thread they will have a better idea for those requirements and for anyone who'd like to participate in logging some promotion they will benefit by reading this as well, very good advice here from experienced members! Overall very good discussion :thumbsup:
Thanks my friend.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Closing a thread does not mean you should keep your mouth shut nor does it mean the idea is invalid. It means that the idea has been brought up before, in fact several times over the past 5 years and the same conclusion has been drawn. It simply is not our responsibility to dictate how other companies should operate in terms of their private dealings with individuals.

If a user abuses the system and is caught taking product and not fulfilling their obligations then the situation is discussed privately between the staff and company and its resolved.

Once again russian, its not that the idea or suggestion is invalid (quite the opposite), its that these issues are for the most part carried out on a case to case basis, resolved in that fashion, and have been discussed for some time.

learn

learn

Awards
  • Established
i think they should have a chance to explain why their log failed, return any unopened bottles to the company or get banned. or we can neg them into the red so they can't log any future products :)
this I agree but if there is no comunication and no show then that should be the option