New Skin for AM

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
As some of you will notice, we have a new skin that blends in more with our homepage than the previous one. Some of you like the darker background with the white text so here it is. It is the default one so it will automatically change in time (or if you logout and log back in) but if you want to still keep the old one, scroll down to the bottom left section of the screen and choose "AM Light".

Pleonastic

Pleonastic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I got it! Not sure yet what I think seems pretty cool. But like any normal human I fear change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
definitely like the new look. its pretty sick nasty awesome.

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
It won't change for me. I choose AM Dark, and it looks like AM Light. If its like AX's forum, my eyes are killing me within minutes of looking at the site.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It won't change for me. I choose AM Dark, and it looks like AM Light. If its like AX's forum, my eyes are killing me within minutes of looking at the site.

Close browser. Open Browser. Choose.

If you don't like dark backgrounds, don't choose.

BigSmith

Awards
  • Established
I like it, don't like the rolling background though. I would go simpler with less distraction. e.g. a nice black or dark plate with less going on. The rest looks real nice to include the brush metal elements.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I find white text on a black background easier on the eyes than black text on a white background.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like it, don't like the rolling background though. I would go simpler with less distraction. e.g. a nice black or dark plate with less going on. The rest looks real nice to include the brush metal elements.
Like YOU know what you're talking about when it comes to design...

oh wait...

DOH!

;)

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
sic! looks a little busy cause the pattern on the backdrop but i LOVE the brushed aluminum look in the top banner/menu areas. nicccceee....I like change.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ugh, seems totally unreadable to me that way, maybe because i'm old :D i'm set to AM light now tho :)

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ok, the background issue should be fixed now.. The thread will scroll but the background won't. If that change doesn't show up for you right away, it will shortly.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Perhaps it's a testament to my graphics card, but I can't load the dark skin without some serious lag. I'll settle for my white skin with extremely large black lateral borders *duck and run*

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rebooting all servers...be back soon...take a nap :)

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Changes changes changes... :D
I'm not to cool with all the ads on this page. This isn't something that I'm going to see all the time, is it? If so, please make an upgraded Gold Membership so I may exclude them.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Changes changes changes... :D
I'm not to cool with all the ads on this page. This isn't something that I'm going to see all the time, is it? If so, please make an upgraded Gold Membership so I may exclude them.
relax...

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Uh...its not working well. I changed it to dark, but its staying normal, then when I went into the Anouncements forum it went dark, fritzed out, and I keep getting. It looked cool for the 2.4 seconds it was working

Service Unavailable
This server is temporarily unable to service requests.(Internal-Reason: 132)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Uh...its not working well. I changed it to dark, but its staying normal, then when I went into the Anouncements forum it went dark, fritzed out, and I keep getting. It looked cool for the 2.4 seconds it was working

Service Unavailable
This server is temporarily unable to service requests.(Internal-Reason: 132)

Rebooting all servers...be back soon...take a nap

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
that's pretty awesome that ya'll gave us the choice.

i'm gonna try sticking with the dark for awhile.

natty texan

natty texan

Awards
  • Established
i don't know if ya'll are looking for suggestions, but i keep going back to push user cp where it's supposed to be and i keep hitting home....

also when i'm in my user cp, there is no button at the top to go to the forum unless i go to my am profile first.

EVILADAMS

EVILADAMS

Awards
  • Established
I DON'T LIKE CHANGE!!!!!! :aargh:

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Really digging the new skin guys! Nice work!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i don't know if ya'll are looking for suggestions, but i keep going back to push user cp where it's supposed to be and i keep hitting home....

also when i'm in my user cp, there is no button at the top to go to the forum unless i go to my am profile first.
Yes there is. Its top left, under the navbar. It says "Anabolicminds.com Forum".

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
I gotta say it looks very slick but i find the light to be a little easier to read. Keep up the good work though!

dafox

Awards
  • Established
Cool, but at first, I thought it wasn't AM anymore! :rofl:
It appears that the smileys aren't quite working right yet...

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice job! I logged on i was like oh sweet!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Mine is still normal...Guess I choose light! maybe its like a fate thing, I belong to the light side, and must stay away from the dark side..... I dont care if you have cookies SHUT UP!

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
I was looking at this last night and I must say I'm either color blind or these light and dark skins are the same.... I have 2 browsers open FF and Chrome using different skins and they look the same

:damnit: I dont see it!

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
I had to get a 3rd opinion on this so I opened Safari and saw it right away... the other 2 browsers are cached with the light skin, nice work looks really nice!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I was looking at this last night and I must say I'm either color blind or these light and dark skins are the same.... I have 2 browsers open FF and Chrome using different skins and they look the same

:damnit: I dont see it!
So maybe clearing the data out would work then? Like that FF option to erase all data junk. I liked the dark look for the 2.4 seconds i had it lol

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
dont care wat u chage it 2 it just better not ever lagg my comp

BeBig

BeBig

Awards
  • Established
The new look is killer guys...I also like the option of going light or dark too...I like having options to choose hahhahahaah.....:cheers:

UndiluteD

UndiluteD

Awards
Prefere Am light, AM black is a bit hard to read off atm if its made a bit simpler would be very nice(especially the background), keep up the good work thou :D

Would like to see some support for wide screen monitors as well would be really nice. So that it can fill up my whole screen.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those that want the light version will have to wait a bit...we're working on an error that shifted people to a skin that was 4 years old and trying to fix that. Once we do, the AM Light will be back.

Broodstar

Broodstar

Awards
  • Established
I think its pretty cool very unique and not plain like bb.com

learn

learn

Awards
  • Established
I seem to have an isse where the new dark loaded up but the page refreshed and its back to the original

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gold members are redirected to their template for now, which is an altered AM Light version.

learn

learn

Awards
  • Established
will the Gold Members be able to change it soon?

the black looked cool