Adding more Servers

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Hug it out.

Quote Originally Posted by ABNRanger View Post
    Yeah my connection timed out last night when I was trying to get on to AM. I figured there might have been some overload or something. I remember running into stuff like this when I used to manage a citrix farm, we had to add more servers and also some load balancers. Much respect to you guys, you are doing a hell of a job. Kramer, NO SOUP FOR YOU, JK!!
    Yeah, I was adding new hardware in from around 12am-2am eastern so you probably wouldn't have been able to get on then. I love burning the midnight oil...lmao.

2. go fix something
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
    •   

3. At the moment i'm getting

"Bad Gateway
    Received an invalid response from upstream server. "

when posting or clicking threads
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”

4. xcache FTW!
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  5. Hug it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chub View Post
    At the moment i'm getting

"Bad Gateway
    Received an invalid response from upstream server. "

when posting or clicking threads
    I'm intentionally breaking things just to piss Cosmo off.
    •   

6. Hug it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo Kramer View Post
    xcache FTW!
    Man, and I thought *I* was geeky.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Costanza View Post
    I'm intentionally breaking things just to piss Cosmo off.

...everyday.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Cosmo Kramer View Post
    If you find that you are getting white screens, denied service request errors, or just general errors that cause the forum to act erratic its because we are growing weed.

THAT'S ILLEGAL!!

9. Man I hope I don't get negged.....

10. It would take you 5 years to get out of the red

11. Quote Originally Posted by Costanza View Post
    Yeah, I was adding new hardware in from around 12am-2am eastern so you probably wouldn't have been able to get on then. I love burning the midnight oil...lmao.
    Nature of the beast my friend. Has to be done after hours and probably on weekends. But I would have no other way.. no annoying questions from end users. Of course don't let the server go down during work hours, then you will see the hair having that true kramer effect, lol.
  12. Hug it out.

Quote Originally Posted by ABNRanger View Post
    Nature of the beast my friend. Has to be done after hours and probably on weekends. But I would have no other way.. no annoying questions from end users. Of course don't let the server go down during work hours, then you will see the hair having that true kramer effect, lol.
    Oh, you'd be surprised at the number of people that email in when I take the site down at 3-4-5am for some maintenance asking when it's going to be back up.

13. did we explode yet?
  14. Hug it out.

Yes.
  15. Hug it out.

Luckily for us now though, is that if we explode then we're still all good. AM is now spread out over two different datacenters in two completely different areas of the country. Next stop...international, baby!

16. What happened to the New Post and Post since last visit tag?
    And I'm sorry for posting an inappropriate avatar.

17. Being worked on.

No worries on the avi. The message was for a lot of people.

18. Hey! Quit crashing the site!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Recent Obama Ads More Negative Than Rival's, Study Says
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Politics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-23-2008, 03:55 AM
  2. Welcome To the JUNGLE!! OLB33 adding More BAD ASS MASS!!!!!
    By Outside Backer in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 03-19-2007, 02:17 PM
  3. AB-Solved adding more..
    By zwarrior99 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-21-2004, 10:49 PM
  4. adding more 4-ad to t-1 pro
    By jxhopper in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-24-2003, 11:02 PM
  5. Adding more 1-test to One Beta?