lease can we have an under 21 forum for youths.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
As so many persist on using supplements that will damage their health, maybe we could have a forum dedicated to helping them out, an area where they can find security, and can post their progress, and training info, so they can be helped by ones who are more experienced.
Thats just my thoughts.

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
As so many persist on using supplements that will damage their health, maybe we could have a forum dedicated to helping them out, an area where they can find security, and can post their progress, and training info, so they can be helped by ones who are more experienced.
Thats just my thoughts.
So the objective is to stop as many teenagers as possible from using supplements that will damage their health.

What makes you think having a dedicated forum to them/that objective specifically will cut down on those kind of incidents?

In fact, there are already forums for everyone to learn and to avoid making these kind of mistakes and teenagers still make them despite the tremendous amount of knowledgeable posters that advise them otherwise.

So it would seem that it's not a lack of forum problem, it's a lack of willingness to research before using these compounds at that age and misinformation from other sources.

A forum dedicated to them is not the answer in this case, the only case I would support such a forum, is if the current forums, could not meet these questions/information/requirements that teenagers would need to avoid making these mistakes, which is clearly not the case here at A.M.

People will jump on a thread and help others everyday here for free, so teenagers have all the resources they need, they're just too lazy.

PowerlifterMB

PowerlifterMB

Awards
There's one over at BBD and it's not working too well.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Ijust thought that so many youngsters come here, and they see what can happen if you run m-drol, or epi, and they want to jump straight in and try it, but i thought that a forum for youngsters here would help them to be guided to explore other means to grow, helping them with diet, and training etc, we could post articles on diet for beginners, etc, that kind of thing.

I think its true most youths show a lack of willingness to search, but if we had a place they could post freeley without getting bashed, and where they would be welcome, the wiser more experienced guys could help them.

I know a few youths who wont join here because they dont want to get bashed or ask questions others think are silly, i just thought it might be a nice idea.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
I actually think it would be a good idea (okay *could* be).

AM is pretty uninhibited where non-nutritional and semi-nutritional supplementation is concerned; that makes it a great environment to learn in, but it leaves those we exclude from those conversations no place where they CAN concentrate on the benefits of being natural test factories & can focus on how to make the most of their age-related gifts.

It could be that we create problems by excluding the underage from the free-wheeling supplementation discussion while providing no place where they can have conversations about bodybuilding w/o additives.

Yes many such threads do exist, but they're fairly quickly and easily lost in the general swell of the board: being able to concentrate those conversations in their own subforum would make them easier to find, easier to participate in, and perhaps make the rest of the board that much easier to manage.

my 2¢

PowerlifterMB

PowerlifterMB

Awards
It might work better here there could be more younger people I really don't know cuz I just joined this site pretty recently. And yes doing cycles at such a young age like in the teens is very stupid. Wait till you're atleast 22 IMO.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
I actually think it would be a good idea (okay *could* be).

AM is pretty uninhibited where non-nutritional and semi-nutritional supplementation is concerned; that makes it a great environment to learn in, but it leaves those we exclude from those conversations no place where they CAN concentrate on the benefits of being natural test factories & can focus on how to make the most of their age-related gifts.

It could be that we create problems by excluding the underage from the free-wheeling supplementation discussion while providing no place where they can have conversations about bodybuilding w/o additives.

Yes many such threads do exist, but they're fairly quickly and easily lost in the general swell of the board: being able to concentrate those conversations in their own subforum would make them easier to find, easier to participate in, and perhaps make the rest of the board that much easier to manage.

my 2¢
I agree, this is what i wanted to say, but my commandof english is somewhat limited, i just think they could be made welcome here, and they can log how they train, and ask questions in an enviroemt where they will be praised and helped, nutured and guided.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I would appreciate this type of sub forum. I know many other would as well. We don't seem to have all the BS here like the other place so I dont think that would be a problem. I know alot of you as older persons dont see the benefits of this, but coming from the kind of teens that tend to migrate here I think this has the potential to be great. I would support this all the way.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Either an under-21, or perhaps a "Basics" forum where people just starting can ask their questions/congregate all the threads there, with a nice big sticky linking to some of the well written write-ups. This could also be called the beginner forum, but some people don't like the stigma.

mattakaspeedy

Awards
Mate seeming most products including super, phera and epi ect. actually say on the label not for use by anyone under the age of 18 or 21 and they ignor that, what makes you think they will listen to anyone else instead ?

Bottom line if someone is gonna use something they are gonna use it.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
That's no argument in favor of aiding them in doing so.

The motto here is "Learn. Teach. Lead."

It is NOT "Learn. Get ignored. Shrug & pitch in."

It is NOT "Ignore experience. Follow morons. Yell for help."

If you don't like our positions AS A BOARD on these things, then you don't belong here. Simple as that.

Of course, if you can get us to abandon our principles & support something we know to be unwise, unsafe & indefensible, the WE fail. Helping idiots be more "effective" idiots is like pissin' into the wind: JUST SAY 'NO!'

PowerlifterMB

PowerlifterMB

Awards
I think having a basics spot would be beneficial.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
That's no argument in favor of aiding them in doing so.

The motto here is "Learn. Teach. Lead."

It is NOT "Learn. Get ignored. Shrug & pitch in."

It is NOT "Ignore experience. Follow morons. Yell for help."

If you don't like our positions AS A BOARD on these things, then you don't belong here. Simple as that.

Of course, if you can get us to abandon our principles & support something we know to be unwise, unsafe & indefensible, the WE fail. Helping idiots be more "effective" idiots is like pissin' into the wind: JUST SAY 'NO!'
I have nothing against the board bro...it was just an idea.

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Oh my...

Russian, that comment was NOT directed at you or your idea - in fact, I posted in support of an under-21 subforum.

I was responding to the post right above it (mattakaspeedy) - no offense to that poster - who expressed the idea that since minors WILL make adult decisions re: steroids, we should help them make the most of those decisions.

I have a great big ol' problem w/ that point of view: to me, it's like saying 'I know my minor child WILL have sex, so I should teach him/her how to have a variety of sex, help them explore, & generally ignore their bad decisions & my failure to be an adult in order to help him/her "get away with it".

Which, if you think about it is *why I support your suggestion*.

Happy New Year to all!

BodyWizard

BodyWizard

Awards
  • Established
Further clarification - I was not addressing mattakaspeedy so much as I was addressing that point-of-view - which I would in fact like to see much less of around here.

I am not telling ANYONE to leave the forum!

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
i like the idea personally. A newbies forum, just more politely titled. Though there are some 19 year olds who know a heck of alot, most are just thinking "get hyuuuge, get girls!!!!!!!"

And are willing to pop 2 or 3 methylated hormone altering products to get there.....

guidance would be good. Need a permanent sub forum to tell them how bad of an idea it is. lol

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I think its only fair. There is a steroid section for those old enough why not do a sub forum for the younger guys? As stated before I approve this as a fellow teen

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
I think its only fair. There is a steroid section for those old enough why not do a sub forum for the younger guys? As stated before I approve this as a fellow teen
I agree, if i had had proper counsel as a youngster i wouldnt have nearly ended up in a terrible situation................