Name Change request

supersaiyanbody

Awards
Hey rather than deactivate my account and register a new one I was wondering if an admin could change my name from what it is now to JPF.

Thanks

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hey rather than deactivate my account and register a new one I was wondering if an admin could change my name from what it is now to JPF.

Thanks
I also have toyed with the idea of changing my account name. I know B5150 has changed his to Heat Miser...

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established

Thanks
whats wrong with supersaiyanbody?..LMFAO!:lol:...j.k!

supersaiyanbody

Awards
it was my fav show about 10 years ago

vegeta was the best

learn

learn

Awards
  • Established
with 13 post it would be eaiser to start another

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would like to know this as well. Just curious if one could change or not

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Yeah vegeta was the shizzle. I still have not seen the gt season yet though.

supersaiyanbody

Awards
they are actually making a movie now.. looks sooooo terrible

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
...I also have toyed with the idea of changing my account name. I know B5150 has changed his to Heat Miser...
He is a forum moderator, and as such has different rights! :)

supersaiyanbody

Awards
I'm pretty sure they can do the name change.. its just a matter of do they feel like taking the time..

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
there was a similar thread about this 2 weeks ago, it can be done by the admins of the board

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Yall need to remember, making or accomodating these changes is not like flipping a switch. Because if your name changes, and you want the new name to still reference stuff from your old name, then you have to write lines of code to track and update every reference of your old name so it can apply/ append the information to the new name as it relates to the tables in the database. That is why it is easier to just create a new name and a new profile. I know as an end user, it is easy to make requests not knowing how much time and labor goes into making these changes. Just to make a point, and I know it may ruffle some feathers... If you want these changes, we need to have more board supporters ($10/yr) to help pay the guys working behind the scenes to keep the site running. Believe me, I run and manage servers, and it is no picnic when things go wrong, and programming can be very labor intensive. Just my spill.

supersaiyanbody

Awards
Yall need to remember, making or accomodating these changes is not like flipping a switch. Because if your name changes, and you want the new name to still reference stuff from your old name, then you have to write lines of code to track and update every reference of your old name so it can apply/ append the information to the new name as it relates to the tables in the database. That is why it is easier to just create a new name and a new profile. I know as an end user, it is easy to make requests not knowing how much time and labor goes into making these changes. Just to make a point, and I know it may ruffle some feathers... If you want these changes, we need to have more board supporters ($10/yr) to help pay the guys working behind the scenes to keep the site running. Believe me, I run and manage servers, and it is no picnic when things go wrong, and programming can be very labor intensive. Just my spill.

This is a educating post. If there is a lot of work involved then of course it is a stupid waste of time and creating a new one is what I will do.

On another forum I post on the admins had the ability to do a name change "at the flick of a switch" but perhaps the admins of that forum have the feature available to them. I dont know?

So thats why I was requesting, if its easy then please! but if it is a pain in the ass I will create a new one forsure

thanks for checkin into it though guys

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is incorrect. VBulletin (The software this site runs) has the ability to go into the user panel of the admin console and change anyone's user name, which will propagate through the MySQL database. It is a very simple task, but also realize you do it for one person, then everybody will start wanting it, making the tasks daunting.

Adams

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established
you could charge a few bucks for it then and only allow 3 name changes in total. A small fee of 3-4 bucks won't kill anyone :lol:

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
This is incorrect. VBulletin (The software this site runs) has the ability to go into the user panel of the admin console and change anyone's user name, which will propagate through the MySQL database. It is a very simple task, but also realize you do it for one person, then everybody will start wanting it, making the tasks daunting.

Adams
I'm glad to hear that its that simple... since this is happening more and more, at least it's not labor intensive, but I'd still recommend the ones that do get their name changed to contribute to the board by making a sponsorship donation or go gold, thrust me its worth it. this board is superb!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Theipodpeople

Theipodpeople

Awards
I saw the movie trailer on Youtube, it looked retarded no lie. How could they ruin my childhood?

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established

Adams
I apologize for my misinformation. The point I was trying to convey was that it can be tedious if every tom **** or harry decided that they wanted to make the name change. Hence, my suggestion that we need more board supporters (a whopping 10 bucks a yr) to help maintain the site. I work in the IT industry so I know how expensive it can be sometimes to mananage web sites. There is constant upgrades, patches etc that have to be applied to keep things running smoothely.

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I apologize for my misinformation. The point I was trying to convey was that it can be tedious if every tom **** or harry decided that they wanted to make the name change. Hence, my suggestion that we need more board supporters (a whopping 10 bucks a yr) to help maintain the site. I work in the IT industry so I know how expensive it can be sometimes to mananage web sites. There is constant upgrades, patches etc that have to be applied to keep things running smoothely.
Yeah it is it is a pre-built application. The thing is that V-bulletin should already have this option. It should be in the User CP so that the user can change his own display name, but it is disabled by the site admin. It can be enabled, but that would be pointless IMO. Either that, or VB hasn't added this module yet. I am sure it will be added in later versions if it hasn't been already.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah it is it is a pre-built application. The thing is that V-bulletin should already have this option. It should be in the User CP so that the user can change his own display name, but it is disabled by the site admin. It can be enabled, but that would be pointless IMO. Either that, or VB hasn't added this module yet. I am sure it will be added in later versions if it hasn't been already.
That wouldnt be implimented for the end user. If the user has a ton of posts, that is just to many queries to the SQL database.

Adams

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh no doubt man... I fully agree. Running IT is expensive... especially since every two years or so you need to tech refresh.

Adams

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Unless the reason is extreme, we don't change names. Ask Jayhawkk, he is getting flooded with requests with something he can't do and I'm ignoring him. :D

ABNRanger

ABNRanger

Awards
  • Established
Oh on that DBZ movie, I looked at the trailer, I think it is pure garbage. They probably would have done a better job doing an animated movie, like they did with the one where the guy had to play that flute to calm the demon. And is Vegeta gonna be in this movie, they have piccolo looking like something from power rangers. Sorry for my soap box moment. I might need to start a thread in the GC forum.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks boss, now they're really sending in those requests lol

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
this would be annoying too! everyone on here gets to know the names of certain members, keeping track of who's who when their name changes would be troublesome enough!

I get confused some times when someone changes their avitar...let alone if they changed their name :D