Super Duper Platinum Member!

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I think you should create a donation option for those who don't want gold because it costs you money.

When I originally went gold I did it because I wanted to give back because I have learned and continue to learn more than I have anywhere else. I didn't do it for the discount codes or any of that.

When I saw that going gold actually costs you money, I wished that I hadn't done it.

Just a thought ;)

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
Something about him having to pay for discount codes or something or other. He explained it one time...

I meant "you" in reference to the board owner.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Stop kissing ass Rugger. It's unbecoming of you.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
I think you should create a donation option for those who don't want gold because it costs you money.

When I originally went gold I did it because I wanted to give back because I have learned and continue to learn more than I have anywhere else. I didn't do it for the discount codes or any of that.

When I saw that going gold actually costs you money, I wished that I hadn't done it.

Just a thought ;)
how are you going to make a donation w/o costing you money?

the simple fact you purchased the gold membership (even if you dont use the codes) that is your donation.

Last edited:
Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
I agree with Rugger!

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
how are you going to make a donation w/o costing you money?

the simple fact you purchased the gold membership (even if you dont use the codes) that is your donation.
You obviously are not understanding what he is saying....

He is saying it costs "BOBO" money, not him(rugger).

So he would like an option where you can make an actual donation to AM.

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
you could just constantly forget to use the codes :)

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What he is referring to is that when one donates (one time donation) to become a Gold Member the discounts over the year are far greater than the donation one submits to become Gold.

The board owner offsets the expense of these discounts himself. So at the end of the day he is in a negative in regard to what is donated verses what is compensated in return.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
I know this board currently allows to make $10 & $20 donations but I think what AM board should do is implement a donation widget similar to the ones I've seen in countless websites where they use paypal to let people make donations for what ever amount they can afford, you might be able to find a simple plugin that you can use. my 2cents

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I know this board currently allows to make $10 & $20 donations but I think what AM board should do is implement a donation widget similar to the ones I've seen in countless websites where they use paypal to let people make donations for what ever amount they can afford, you might be able to find a simple plugin that you can use. my 2cents
Kind of like Wikipedia

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
right, similar to what they do over there... i did some searching and came across this paypal plug in for vBulletin boards, installing seems pretty simple and they provide screen shots of this thing... I cant tell if they charge for this or its free since i dont have an account there but it seems like a good option.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=177563

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll sell rep points :lol:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How can you steal what you already own :D

BBR

BBR

Awards
You know the discount codes don't pop up every month right? I didnt go GOLD to gain discounts, I went GOLD because this board gives me so much in terms of knowledge that I felt I should support the community that supports me.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
i went gold to give something back, i used to ... when i wasn't gold to provide some income for the site

BBR

BBR

Awards
I used to sell my body ..... for the site I mean ... yeah .. the site.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolic66 General Chat 18
Anabolics 34
crazyfool405 Supplements 3
Gtarzan81 General Chat 10
The G Train Anabolics 2