Forum Search Disabled, Google Search Enabled

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The forum search has been disabled to perform maintenance and maybe a reindexing of the entire search db. For now, the search will go to Google with it site targeted to AM. You will find everything there as you will here and you will also find 3 letter search terms, unlike the old search.

Don't know when regular search will be back online...hopefully not long. If we rebuild the search index, it will take over a day to perform.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Just incase anyone is not familiar with site specific searches this is how you do them, go to google and in the search window type whatever you want to look up followed by site:anabolicminds.com.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can still use the search button too.

You don't have to type in anything other than your search term(s). It's already set up to automatically search AM.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I think I like the google search better.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just incase anyone is not familiar with site specific searches this is how you do them, go to google and in the search window type whatever you want to look up followed by site:anabolicminds.com.

As was stated, don't need to even do this as the search drop down in set up to query google for this site automatically :)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
As was stated, don't need to even do this as the search drop down in set up to query google for this site automatically :)
Yeah I read your post way to early in the morning for me, didn't comprehend what you were saying.....:think:

ksa

Awards
  • Established
Its still working for me just open the search in a new tab

ndnguy85

ndnguy85

Awards
i wish you guys would let us do 3 letter searches. it's kinda hard to look for "dcp" under titles only with google.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Kudos on the 3 letter search terms!

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
My only concern is the inability to search for threads started by users and such unique features found in the site search.

Can't wait for the old search to come back!

badfish51581

badfish51581

Awards
  • Established
My only concern is the inability to search for threads started by users and such unique features found in the site search.

Can't wait for the old search to come back!
Agreed, I like the advanced search properties...

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
You've already disabled me enough. When will it end..

Herd

Awards
For those of you having troubles with google searching you might want to try some advanced search operators.

Im particularly fond of the intitle: operator.

My search strings often look something like this:
Code:
site:anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids intitle:m-drol OR intitle:mdrol -intitle:page
This search will return only results form the steroid section that have M-drol or Mdrol in the title (regardless of capital letters). The -intitle: page part is to hide page 2 or higher of the same thread and only display the first page.

Play around, its much more powerful than the basic forum search. :thumbsup:

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
You can find threads started by users and their posts in their profile....

AnabolicMinds.com Forum - Search Results

But its no fun coming to the forum intending to search by username, then realizing you will first have to randomly find that users post somewhere within the numerous threads in order to be able to click on their username and chose to view their profile of find more posts by that user.... How long will that take if you have no idea where to start looking. And isn't a good search function supposed to keep you from doing a needle in the haystack routine to begin with. ;)

Seriously, unless there is abetter way that sucks. Please let me know there is a easier way to find posts by a user... Pretty Please! ;)

In Conclusion, there were good features in the old search engine that were EASILY accessible IN ONE SPOT. If I wanted to i could use google when looking for a 3 or less character title or subject (my only qualm), BUT at least I had a choice to use the advanced features in an easily accessible old search interface. Now I have no choice and feel like I went back to using DOS and typing constantly to perform simple functions that were previously a couple of clicks...

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
only issue I find is that is generally brings things up in random order, not by how old it is. I searched M1,4ADD and got things from 02/03 before I found some from 08.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Understand the differences but wont be back for sometime until the index gets rebuilt. It taxes the servers moreso than any other function on this board which spillls over into other areas. To put nicely, its a big fat whore.

Bobaslaw

Awards
  • Established
Understand the differences but wont be back for sometime until the index gets rebuilt. It taxes the servers moreso than any other function on this board which spillls over into other areas. To put nicely, its a big fat whore.
I agree that the search results are not organized chronologically and are just too tedious to sift through...

So, Yukon, are you saying that your big fat whore is on strike until you get some wealthier donating Pimps to throw more bling at her fat ass???
Cmon bro, bitch slap her blubbery butt, tone her up a bit and put her back to work doin' her trix. She's the only one who knows just how I like it! :D

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree that the search results are not organized chronologically and are just too tedious to sift through...
I find things just fine.

So, Yukon, are you saying that your big fat whore is on strike until you get some wealthier donating Pimps to throw more bling at her fat ass???
Cmon bro, bitch slap her blubbery butt, tone her up a bit and put her back to work doin' her trix. She's the only one who knows just how I like it! :D
Nope...its not a server issue....its the DB itself. Its a bloated mess.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Nope...its not a server issue....its the DB itself. Its a bloated mess.
And a pile of work to fix without crashing the whole dang board while working with the db like that. Hats off to the guys who are doing the work behind the scenes here to keep the forum up and running. We appreciate you guys and all that you do.

Hg