Formutech Product Q&A

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I thought that as my first order of business as the new guy on the block here I'd start a Q&A thread for all of our products here at Formutech. As I am still learning all the ins and outs of the full line, I thought I'd put up a spot for everyone to share in the research!

So, you guys want to know anything let me know!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Brucega

Brucega

Board Sponsor
Awards
Great Post. We would welcome any questions or comments that you have about the line.
Thanks

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Something thats been asked, "Why is Diindolylmethane (DIM) in Volatile?"

DIM ballances Testosterone and Estrogen, which both have a positive impact on building muscle. Testosterone can Supports Energy, Sex Drive, Anti-Aging, & Lean Body Mass. It also can increase Muscle Mass when combined with exercise. Whle estrogen has two metabolites, one that reduces harmful metabolites which are associated with increased cancers & obesity, also moodiness & loss of sex drive; and another that promotes beneficial metabolites which have antioxidant properties for protection from free radical damage.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Something thats been asked, "Why is Diindolylmethane (DIM) in Volatile?"

DIM ballances Testosterone and Estrogen, which both have a positive impact on building muscle. Testosterone can Supports Energy, Sex Drive, Anti-Aging, & Lean Body Mass. It also can increase Muscle Mass when combined with exercise. Whle estrogen has two metabolites, one that reduces harmful metabolites which are associated with increased cancers & obesity, also moodiness & loss of sex drive; and another that promotes beneficial metabolites which have antioxidant properties for protection from free radical damage.
Not to mention that a proper test/estro balance is needed to maximize muscle and strength gain!

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Flexible Joint looks like an interesting product that I might just have to try out in the not too distant future. I see it is very similar to Osteo Sport, which I already take, however it does not have curcumin. From perusing the mind and muscle forum I have found out that curcumin actually is a cox-2 inhibitor, so it may actually be detrimental in the healing of tendon and ligament injuries.

My question is this, are the dosing recommendations on the bottle one size fits all? What size person is the dose size of 4 caps twice a day recommended for? Would myself only falling the range of 160lbs or need less of this than someone weighing 200+lbs? Updated dosing recommendations based on weight would be very helpful.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Flexible Joint looks like an interesting product that I might just have to try out in the not too distant future. I see it is very similar to Osteo Sport, which I already take, however it does not have curcumin. From perusing the mind and muscle forum I have found out that curcumin actually is a cox-2 inhibitor, so it may actually be detrimental in the healing of tendon and ligament injuries.

My question is this, are the dosing recommendations on the bottle one size fits all? What size person is the dose size of 4 caps twice a day recommended for? Would myself only falling the range of 160lbs or need less of this than someone weighing 200+lbs? Updated dosing recommendations based on weight would be very helpful.
That's a great question! I will get an answer for you asap!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Taking 4 caps per day is actually the recommended effective dose for most people. If you're exceptionally large or have sever joint issues I would suggest then starting at 4/day and then slowly ramping it up until you find the sweet spot. If you compare the 4 cap dose to other joint formulas out there you'll find that not only is the dosing on par or a little better but the ingredient profile is much more complete. Take this and some fish oil and you're knees should be loosey goosey all the way! =)

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Taking 4 caps per day is actually the recommended effective dose for most people. If you're exceptionally large or have sever joint issues I would suggest then starting at 4/day and then slowly ramping it up until you find the sweet spot. If you compare the 4 cap dose to other joint formulas out there you'll find that not only is the dosing on par or a little better but the ingredient profile is much more complete. Take this and some fish oil and you're knees should be loosey goosey all the way! =)
i was doing 3 caps twice daily

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
The nice thing is there is a solid ingredient panel. Not just one thing targeting your joints. You have Glucossamine, Chondroitin, MSM, Cissus, Hyaluronic Acid. I just tried my first product with cissus as I am a fan. After a few days I noticed less pain post workout in my shoulder, which had a major surgery. After the first month, I ve noticed more consistently I feel good when waking up. Before I had a minor nagging pain all morning. Now it's just after a heavy back day.

Brucega

Brucega

Board Sponsor
Awards
Flexible was set up to try and assist people with severe joint pain. This is why we suggest that you take 4 and 4 per day. Most people will be able to adjust and do just fine on 2 and 2 per day. This gives you more bang for your buck and allows you to experiment a bit.

Black Mo

Black Mo

Awards
I have a question with Volatile and Endurance. I have been using Volatile as a PWO for about 3 1/2 months. I have recently be using Endurance (BCAA Plus) when not using Volitale during cardio days. Would there be a problem stacking both on weightlifting days? I noticed that both contain Beta Alanine and did not if it would be OK to take both within a small time frame?

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have a question with Volatile and Endurance. I have been using Volatile as a PWO for about 3 1/2 months. I have recently be using Endurance (BCAA Plus) when not using Volitale during cardio days. Would there be a problem stacking both on weightlifting days? I noticed that both contain Beta Alanine and did not if it would be OK to take both within a small time frame?
Absolutely! They work really well in synergy actually. I always stack them on lifting days. you'll notice a little increase in that face tingle from the beta-alanine, but you'll find that it'll give you a little extra juice to keep on going with the additional c-o-p and beta-alanine.

The flavor when mixing them can be a little intense though, lol ;)

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Its great combo; personally, I like Volatile 30 min or so prior to workout and endurance over the first half as a intra. I like the feeling Beta Alanine brings. The tingling you feel is from it.

On cardio days I drink the Endurance while enroute to the gym. I may have an oz or two when I get there and drink it right before I start. Fasted, this works great!

Black Mo

Black Mo

Awards

Max,
Didn't mean to jump in here as I'm not an expert by any means and the Reps can give you far more info on this than I. Flexible is the first product I used from Fahrenheit or now Formutech. I was looking for a joint formula for my 14 year old daughter who was recovering from her 2nd ACL tear. I came across this product and corresponded through email several times with the company regarding dosage especially for a young teen at 132lbs (5'8"). They recommend 4 caps twice a day. After a period of about 2 weeks I cut her back (on my own) to 2 caps twice a day. This product did and continues to help with the achiness she experience rehabbing from her 1st surgery. I can not say enough good thing about Flexible. This product was my gateway to trying their other products and so far all the products I have tried have exceeded my expectations.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Max,
Didn't mean to jump in here as I'm not an expert by any means and the Reps can give you far more info on this than I. Flexible is the first product I used from Fahrenheit or now Formutech. I was looking for a joint formula for my 14 year old daughter who was recovering from her 2nd ACL tear. I came across this product and corresponded through email several times with the company regarding dosage especially for a young teen at 132lbs (5'8"). They recommend 4 caps twice a day. After a period of about 2 weeks I cut her back (on my own) to 2 caps twice a day. This product did and continues to help with the achiness she experience rehabbing from her 1st surgery. I can not say enough good thing about Flexible. This product was my gateway to trying their other products and so far all the products I have tried have exceeded my expectations.
Awesome testimonial. Thanks for sharing your story!

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Max,
Thats great! I am glad you found us. Formutech Nutrition produces some top quality sups. The products are backed by science and real world effectiveness.

rj92573

Awards
question about rem 8.0

Hi, I just tried a sample pack of REM 8.0 last week, it worked well but had trouble getting it completely dissolved. Am I doing something wrong, is there a trick to it?

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hi, I just tried a sample pack of REM 8.0 last week, it worked well but had trouble getting it completely dissolved. Am I doing something wrong, is there a trick to it?
No, it will take a while to fully dissolve even if you shake it up a lot. The best thing I've found to do is mix it with only 4oz of water in a water glass, swirl it up a bit and just pound it.