age question

Herm

Awards
Is 24 too young to consider a cycle of mass and bulk.

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
short answer, no.

conversation mode. whats youre lifting experience, height, weight? how is your nutrition? can you manipulate it towards your goal? hows your routine look? what are your max lifts?

Herm

Awards
Been lifting for four and a half years, I'm 195, 6". I feel like I have got my routine to where it needs to be. My nutrition only really been on point for a year or so, and once that got on point I noticed a lot more progress. If I had to pick what my goal would really be it would be to improve my overhead press and my bench, which I feel is weak relative to the rest of my exercises due to my shoulders for whatever reason not progressing pretty much for the past two years despite taking multiple approaches towards training them. I have worked with a few different people on cleaning up my bench form and overhead press. While my weight went down initially in both exercises for a while I got it back up to what it was and the exercise feels a lot smoother but I can't really seem to make any progress and at this point I just don't get it. I don't know if that seems to petty of a reason to want to start cycle but my shoulders have been my weak point it seems from the beginning and while they are toned and have shape they are definitely out of proportion in negative way in comparison to the rest of my physique.

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
definately go for it bud. just make sure you do all the proper reading before hand. be aware of all the sides, proper support, good pct layouts. the alpha series isjust 1-dhea and 4-dhea, very very mild so its a good choice to get your feet wet into the cycle lifestyle

btw when i said goal, i ment cut, bulk, lean bulk, etc. A+ for detail though lol

if you wanted to start something with a litle more bang, look into pmag, hdrol, and maybe epistane. all of which are considered mild, but sides are much more possible than dhea cycles

srgraham69

Awards
  • Established
Alpha mass/bulk would be a great place to start for a first cycle. Nutra has a nice price on the alpha kit at the moment also, reboot will get you started for your pct set up. I would recommend running the alpha products for 8 weeks to get the full benefit, and also have a serm on hand for your pct, some feel it is not necessary for the more mild compounds but it will definitely always make your recovery much smoother. The other products listed by thunder would also be good choices as a place to start, just be aware there is always going to be more risks with methylated compounds, simply because of that I would always recommend starting with something along the lines of alpha mass/bulk

Herm

Awards
Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate the support because the idea of trying this stuff is somewhat intimidating even though I feel I have a pretty good understanding of what are the propper steps to take to be safe.

Herm

Awards
Out of curiosity Im just wondering if anyone can explain what 5 alpha test is, or its relation to the other alpha products.

srgraham69

Awards
  • Established
Out of curiosity Im just wondering if anyone can explain what 5 alpha test is, or its relation to the other alpha products.
5 alpha is epiandrosterone, coverts to DHT. Other similar products u may have heard of are stanodrol or androhard. Such products are most commonly used alongside a stronger compound as a test base to help mitigate the lethargy and libido loss side effects, and should see some increased strength and muscle hardening effects from this addition. The alpha bulk product is 4-dhea which is also normally used in a similar manner as a test base for stronger compounds, but is considered a "wet" compound so you will notice some bloat. I would say go bulk for a bulk, 5 alpha for cut/recomp or can even stack them both.

Herm

Awards
Thanks for the info. So taking mass bulk and 5 alpha simultaneously wouldn't really be necessary.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the info. So taking mass bulk and 5 alpha simultaneously wouldn't really be necessary.
It's normally not necessary. Some people prefer one or the other. I have found a combo of both create a nice steroidogenic balance.

srgraham69

Awards
  • Established
Not necessary but will each have extra benefits they can add when stacked in the cycle, the 5 alpha will add an extra energy and aggression boost, especially nice to use right before ur workout. The current stack I am running is 8 weeks of mass/bulk then going to throw in the 5 alpha the last 4 weeks, this should be nice to keep me motivated and hitting the gym hard as I will be dosing the mass pretty high those last 4 weeks

Herm

Awards
So if you were going to run all three how would you dose? And does using all three make the use of Clomid more necessary?

srgraham69

Awards
  • Established
So if you were going to run all three how would you dose? And does using all three make the use of Clomid more necessary?
Personally this is my plan for the cycle I am doing:
Am: 6/6/8/8/10/10/12/12
Ab: 6/6/6/6/6/6/6/6
5at: 0/0/0/0/3/3/3/3

But it is really all up to you, bottle rec dosing is 6 caps mass, 6 bulk, 3 5 alpha, I would definitely run the am/ab for 7-8 weeks to fully benefit from it. Kinda gotta know how much you wanna spend and all. My cycle is taking 3 bottles am, 2 Ab, 1 5at. I think this cycle would be pretty good to get a feel for this line:
Am 6/6/6/6/8/8/8
Ab 6/6/6/6/8/8/8
5at 0/0/0/3/3/3/3
this would take 2 bottles of am and Ab and 1 5at. I would recommend a serm, but alot of people argue it isn't ever really necessary as many people have shown blood work of great recoveries using OTC sups, but at least you should have a serm available just in case things don't seem to be recovering as you expected. I always use serm just for the peace of mind knowing that it will do the trick.

Herm

Awards
Really appreciate the in depth explanation as well as showing what your personally trying out. I think I am most likely gonna take your advice on the second possible set up, like not said, since it's my first time, and see how things go. Really getting hyped for everything. Are pre workouts ok even though they can change blood pressure?

srgraham69

Awards
  • Established
Really appreciate the in depth explanation as well as showing what your personally trying out. I think I am most likely gonna take your advice on the second possible set up, like not said, since it's my first time, and see how things go. Really getting hyped for everything. Are pre workouts ok even though they can change blood pressure?
Alot of people don't use them or opt for a stim free pwo, I still use pwo with stims, just keep an eye on things and see how it effects you, these compounds aren't as harsh as most ph's so maybe won't effect your bp too bad, I know there was another guy logging this who was having some bp issues tho so definitely keep a look on it. If you opt to not use the pwo and do pick up the 5 alpha test give this a try, take 1 tab an hr before your workout and a second tab at the start of ur workout, several people have reported quite a bit of pwo like effects dosing this way. But I believe you will be fine using the pwo, just listen to your body and if it don't feel right I would cut it out or go for a stim free.

Herm

Awards
Thanks for the idea, I think I will definitely try this, could use a break from stimulants anyway and if it ends up not working out I will prob just try taking a small dose of pre and feel it out like you said.

TheBGRigatoni

TheBGRigatoni

Awards
  • Established
Im old so at 44 not an issue for me :)