Diabetic - Alpha Mass/Bulk Log

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
Okay guys I am going to start a Mass/Bulk run on Monday 9/24. I am starting it now so I can take suggestions and I want to do my workouts this week to get a get starting point. I will post some before Pictures and stats on the next post.

Here is my plan. Please feel free to give me any suggestions.

First 4 weeks - I will be taking Alpha mass and Alpha Bulk 6 x per day and Super Cycle 4 X per day.

Second 4 weeks and run 6X per day of ReBoot.

I am currently 6' 200 lbs.

I am going to try to do a pretty clean diet and cut out as many carbs as I can after 6:00.

Goal - My goad is to stay approximately the same weight or even lose a few pounds but drop some body fat. I have tacked on some weight as of late because I am eating like a hog. I have been hitting the gym pretty hard again the last 4 weeks to prepare for this.

My last cycle was over 2 years ago.

Also as I mentioned in the title I am a type 1 diabetic on an Insulin Pump.

Workout -
Monday - Chest/Bi
Tuesday - Back/Triceps
Wednesday - Legs/Shoulders
Thursday - Chest (gonna hit it twice, it is my weak point right now)

Saturday - Some sort of Crossfit workout.

Cardio - Try to do sprints at least twice per week. Hill sprints or something like that.

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
9/24

Weight - 202
BF - About 15% according to Digital Calipars
Arms - 14 3/4
Waist - 39"
Chest - 43"
Calves - 16"
Quads - 22"

Will add pictures shortly

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
I did Chest and Arms today to try to get something to go by -

I figure Bench Press will be as good as any to see if I am gaining

I did 255 X 3 today. Very difficult wouldn't have tried without a spotter.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Check out our new "5-Alpha Test" product.

It would be a fantastic addition if you're looking more for a "recomp-like" effect. It would add dynamic properties of enhanced strength and fatloss to the mix.

I'm along for the ride. Good luck!

-T1

tattoopierced1

Sub'd...

side note, Trauma your avatar is greatly disruptive to me yet again... ;)

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
Okay did my back work out today to try to gauge where I am at.

Deadlift - 335 X 3.

Waiting on my Alpha Mass and Super Cycle to come in. Hope it is in by Monday.

Really want to start - Is there any benefit to trying -

Week 1 - Alpha Bulk 6x Per day
Week 2-4 - Alpha Bulk/Alpha Mass - 6x Per Day
Week - 3-6 - Super Cycle - 4x Per Day
Week - 5-8 - ReBoot

Just a though not sure if there is any benefit or i I should wait until I get it all in. I do think I may do the Super Cycle 3-6 so I get the benefit during the Cycle and PCT.

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
Before Pictures

Okay here are my Fat-tard Pics. Nothing like a picture to make you realize how lazy you have been. Hey the good news is surely I can't get worse!

Digital Calipers said 15 Percent but I am not sure about that.

Attachments

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay did my back work out today to try to gauge where I am at.

Deadlift - 335 X 3.

Waiting on my Alpha Mass and Super Cycle to come in. Hope it is in by Monday.

Really want to start - Is there any benefit to trying -

Week 1 - Alpha Bulk 6x Per day
Week 2-4 - Alpha Bulk/Alpha Mass - 6x Per Day
Week - 3-6 - Super Cycle - 4x Per Day
Week - 5-8 - ReBoot

Just a though not sure if there is any benefit or i I should wait until I get it all in. I do think I may do the Super Cycle 3-6 so I get the benefit during the Cycle and PCT.
It's better to front Load the alpha mass actually. So I'd say wait for it all.

TheBGRigatoni

TheBGRigatoni

Awards
  • Established
Okay here are my Fat-tard Pics. Nothing like a picture to make you realize how lazy you have been. Hey the good news is surely I can't get worse!

Digital Calipers said 15 Percent but I am not sure about that.
game on broham

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
Everything's in and ready to start in the morning.

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
Okay I took 3 of each Alpha Bulk/Mass at 5:30 this morning. I just got a Chest/Bicep workout in and took the other 3 of each afterwards with lunch. Too early to tell anything so far but everything is good as of now. I also took 4 Super Cycle.

I did have a good workout today. Trying to get my App to upload my workout so I can just attach it without taking up so much space.

I did start a bench routine where I do 5-6 sets of 2 of 85 percent of my max. (I think I read it on AM somewhere). I did 6 sets of 2 of 255. I will try to move that up each week.

Doughnut

Awards
Diabetic; I'm assuming you're a T1 diabetic due to your physique...If so are you doing any thing different with your Insulin?

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay I took 3 of each Alpha Bulk/Mass at 5:30 this morning. I just got a Chest/Bicep workout in and took the other 3 of each afterwards with lunch. Too early to tell anything so far but everything is good as of now. I also took 4 Super Cycle.

I did have a good workout today. Trying to get my App to upload my workout so I can just attach it without taking up so much space.

I did start a bench routine where I do 5-6 sets of 2 of 85 percent of my max. (I think I read it on AM somewhere). I did 6 sets of 2 of 255. I will try to move that up each week.
I wrote a bench program that sounds very similar based on new research. It was critical that you explode concentricaly each rep.

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
Okay sorry for the late post.

Say I am on day 4. I think it is still a little early to tell strength yet.

So far the only issue I have had is my blood sugar running a little high. I was very short tempered on Tuesday and Wednesday but I think that was a side of the high sugars. I increased my Basal rate yesterday and today was much better.

Yesterday I did some legs and Triceps. I haven't done squats in a while so I had no baseline. I did get 265 x 2 (I know don't laugh but they were deep). I did notice in close grip bench my chest was screaming. Like I thought it was going to cramp. It may because I did chest on Monday but it wasn't sore before.

So far so good. I will weigh in on Sunday night. Still taking 6 of each per day.

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
Yes I am a Type 1. I have increased my basal rate is all I have done. Out of curiosity how could you tell from my physique?

Thanks for following.

Diabetic; I'm assuming you're a T1 diabetic due to your physique...If so are you doing any thing different with your Insulin?

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
Stats

9/30/12

Weight - 206

Arms - 15 1/4 (That is up 1/2")
Waist - 38 3/4 (Down 1/4")
Chest - 44 1/2 (Up 1 1/2")
Calves - 16" (Same)
Quads - 23" (Up 1")

Starting week 2 tomorrow and I have to say I am excited. Numbers are up and I hope to see some strength gains this week. I will do chest in the morning.

After adjusting Basal Rate no problems with Sugar and no other sides. Starting to feel that "Confident" feeling when I walk around. I have to make sure I keep that in check because I have a mouth anyway.

I did some sprints yesterday and I am going to up that this week to start trying to burn some more fat. I want to keep the weight down as much as possible. Even though I went up 3 pounds my gut went down and everything else up. It has only been one week!

I will keep you posted.

Doughnut

Awards
You're not a fat ass.

Insulin resistance (Type 2) is often triggered by becoming overweight and having too much body fat. That why some Type 2s can reverse the effects by simply losing weight.
Of course there are some who are of normal weight and unfortunately develop Type 2 Diabetes, but a lot of Type 2 Diabetics are overly fat.

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
I thought there was something that showed I was type 1 that I did t know about. Like square nipples or something. :). Been type 1 for 13 years now. Been on the pump for about 6.

Thanks

You're not a fat ass.

Insulin resistance (Type 2) is often triggered by becoming overweight and having too much body fat. That why some Type 2s can reverse the effects by simply losing weight.
Of course there are some who are of normal weight and unfortunately develop Type 2 Diabetes, but a lot of Type 2 Diabetics are overly fat.

TheBGRigatoni

TheBGRigatoni

Awards
  • Established
Keep it rolling big dawg

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
Okay guys I am midway into my 3rd week and I can say for sure I am seeing some serious strength gains and still no sides.

The other day I did squats and felt completely hyped. I just had the feeling of being able to do anything. On bench monday I did 275 x 2 and I was also able to do 110 lb db's for 3 x 5 which was the most I've done in a long time.

My size numbers are still increasing as well.

My weight is 209 up from 204.
Arms - 15.5 up from 14.75
Chest - 44.75 up from 43
Quads - 24 up from 22!
Calf - 16.25 up from 16
Waist - 38.25 down from 39

I still need to add some cardio but I have just been lifting so much I haven't had time. I feel like if I had time I could lift twice a day right now. Blood sugar level has been good. Mood has been good. Little tired at times but nothing really out of the ordinary. Probably from lifting so heavy. I am excited about the next 10 days because I feel my strength is really moving up. I know I am going to see some big numbers. I'm gonna try to Max out on Bench on Monday. I hope to push 300 again which I haven't done in a couple of years. I would like to try to Deadlift 400 which would be great for me because I have never been a good Deadlifter.

Thanks for following and feel free to give me any advice, tips, or criticism.

tattoopierced1

Warm up real good before you deadlift. I like doing 2-3 warmup sets for deadlift before gradually increasing the weight. Doing it this way has kept me uninjured and my back in good shape.

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Okay guys I am midway into my 3rd week and I can say for sure I am seeing some serious strength gains and still no sides.

The other day I did squats and felt completely hyped. I just had the feeling of being able to do anything. On bench monday I did 275 x 2 and I was also able to do 110 lb db's for 3 x 5 which was the most I've done in a long time.

My size numbers are still increasing as well.

My weight is 209 up from 204.
Arms - 15.5 up from 14.75
Chest - 44.75 up from 43
Quads - 24 up from 22!
Calf - 16.25 up from 16
Waist - 38.25 down from 39

I still need to add some cardio but I have just been lifting so much I haven't had time. I feel like if I had time I could lift twice a day right now. Blood sugar level has been good. Mood has been good. Little tired at times but nothing really out of the ordinary. Probably from lifting so heavy. I am excited about the next 10 days because I feel my strength is really moving up. I know I am going to see some big numbers. I'm gonna try to Max out on Bench on Monday. I hope to push 300 again which I haven't done in a couple of years. I would like to try to Deadlift 400 which would be great for me because I have never been a good Deadlifter.

Thanks for following and feel free to give me any advice, tips, or criticism.
Have you noticed much in terms of lethargy? I'll be starting a cycle of Alpha Mass in the next day and was just wondering what to expect in that regard. When did it kick-in for you (if you've noticed it at all)?

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
I have not noticed any lethargy. Really no sides at all. I really started to notice a difference towards the end of week 2. I just felt like I could do anything at that point. Felt more explosive. My numbers have gone up from week 1 though.

Thanks for the follow.

Have you noticed much in terms of lethargy? I'll be starting a cycle of Alpha Mass in the next day and was just wondering what to expect in that regard. When did it kick-in for you (if you've noticed it at all)?

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
Thanks for the advise. I have been trying to warm up but def. need to do more.

Warm up real good before you deadlift. I like doing 2-3 warmup sets for deadlift before gradually increasing the weight. Doing it this way has kept me uninjured and my back in good shape.

Hulk mode

Awards
looking good i have been intrested in this stuff for a while

primetimerg

primetimerg

Awards
Okay guys. I went a few extra days because I missed my second dose a few times. I should finish completely by Saturday.

This past week I have been breaking out a little bit and a little lazy the last week. Just have t felt motivated. However strength and numbers still up. I will take measurements later. I benched today and felt really strong. I got 275 by 3. I also benched 300 last week which I haven't done in a while.

I attached a few pics. I can tell a pretty big difference. Definitely added some size. My arms and chest up quite a bit. Body fat probably about the same but my diet was not as good as it should of been.

Attachments