Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ReBoot™ - 7-Keto-DHEA & 7-OH-DHEA

Originally posted at Advanced Muscle Science Lab

Reboot is one of the next new stars from ForeRunner Labs. Reboot is a product designed to be used after a prohormone cycle to quickly and efficiently recover your hormonal levels back into optimal ranges. It can also be used anytime in between cycles to optimize hormones levels, including testosterone, estrogen, and cortisol. We previously gave you a look inside the fourth component of the product which contains both cystine and theanine. Together these amino acids have been shown to strengthen the immune system of weight training males, amongst other benefits - Cystine and Theanine Research Compilation. While the finished label is yet to be released, we can tell you that it contains a cortisol management system known as Cortisolvent™. Cortisolvent™ contains a blend of both 7-Keto-DHEA, as well as 7-OH-DHEA (as a 50/50 alpha/beta isomer split). Typically you see one or the other within a product, but we felt that the best approach was to use both forms, to create an even cascade of cortisol modulation. In addition, each has been validated to have slightly different effects in males (11β-HSD Type 1 competitive inhibition, weight loss, and thyroid output) as you will learn in the following paragraphs.

Institute of Endocrinology in Prague

Earlier this year an interesting study was completed to determine whether 7-Keto-DHEA and 7-OH-DHEA (both alpha and beta isomers) natural levels correlated to various measures of body weight and fat mass in teenage boys and girls. All three components of Cortisolvent™are produced naturally in your body from adrenal output. When you supplement Reboot and thus Cortisolvent™ you will increase the serum levels of each leading to a greater effect than you would without supplementing. These levels are typically at their highest in our younger years, which is why researchers in Prague chose this sample group (teenagers). They had four groups and split them up based on several measures, but essentially the final groups were lean boys (average body fat of 11%), obese boys (average body fat of 32%), and two groups of similar nature with girls. They took blood samples after a fasting period, and then measured the blood serum levels of each compound found in Cortisolvent™. They compared the results in a statistical format to determine what differences circulating levels of 7-OH/Keto-DHEA correlate with various measures of body composition.

Fat Boys

In the boys they found that circulating levels of 7α-OH-DHEA were higher in the obese boys compared to the lean boys. You might think this was an odd finding, but the researchers did not, and state the following:

"The increase of 7α-OH-DHEA may be a result of the increased production and conversion of 7-oxo-DHEA as a substrate for 11β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 (11β-HSD1) and thus decreasing the concentration of cortisol on account of cortisone. "

In simpler terms this was the body up-regulating adrenal output in an attempt to try and limit cortisol levels, which are associated with insulin resistance, visceral fat accumulation, hypertension, and high cholesterol. Although it was not statistically significant the lean boys also had lower blood levels of 7-Keto-DHEA, and 7β-OH-DHEA. Suggesting that they had less stress overall and less of a reason to produce more adrenal output. Since this was a correlation study we do have to make some assumptions, particularly because the subject group was also younger than normal. Still we believe that had they measured actual cortisol, and cortisone serum levels you would have still found a lesser degree of serum cortisol in the lean individuals. In fact this has previously been reported in research comparing lean, obese, young, and old cortisol levels in men. They found cortisol production rate was increased as body weight increased. Further suggesting the usefulness of supplementing a product like Cortisolvent™to aid in the battle of weight management and stress induced inflammation, and more importantly post cycle therapy recovery.

If you are interested in more information on ForeRunner Labs Reboot , please continue to follow us here, join the ForeRunner Labs email list, and LIKE us on Facebook.

L., El Kihel. "Oxidative metabolism of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) and biologically active oxygenated metabolites of DHEA and epiandrosterone (EpiA)--recent reports." Steroids. (2012): 10-26.
Purnell JQ, Brandon DD, Isabelle LM, Loriaux DL, Samuels MH. "Association of 24-hour cortisol production rates, cortisol-binding globulin, and plasma-free cortisol levels with body composition, leptin levels, and aging in adult men and women." J Clin Endocrinol Metab. (2004): 281-7.

Colbicide

Colbicide

Awards
  • Established
Love what I am seeing from FRL. May have to plan a full FRL stack run this winter.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
Interested, FRL has been releasing a lot of products that have been catching my eye.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great stuff coming out from you guys!

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
You have my attention..

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Definitely good stuff here.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is going to be a great product to add to the line-up. More great things to come! :D

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
FRL seems to be moving full steam ahead.. I like.

retroscapers

retroscapers

Awards
  • Established
Love what I am seeing from FRL. May have to plan a full FRL stack run this winter.
My thoughts exactly lol. They need to get their products more known though man! More logs, more reviews! More money for them to put into more research! AMS and FRL are heading in the right direction!

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My thoughts exactly lol. They need to get their products more known though man! More logs, more reviews! More money for them to put into more research! AMS and FRL are heading in the right direction!
I think I'll get some logs rolling once we launch this product. We will be able to offer some nice stacks that way. No applications yet please lol.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think I'll get some logs rolling once we launch this product. We will be able to offer some nice stacks that way. No applications yet please lol.
Shwing!!

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
I'll buy it and log it!! No freebie needed this time!!!! I want to run this at 3ml for 6-8 weeks!!!!

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
whoops! yeah!! my bad... but I will certainly give this a run too... I mean Ill need it after the 5AT!

roblasane

roblasane

Awards
I'm going to start my mass/bulk stack soon. With the work I plan on doing in the gym it's going to be 10 pounds of muscle for sure.

Dougy362

Dougy362

Awards
Hope its out in time for my pct After my AM/AB stack.would make a good finish to an already awesome stack.IT would make for a good ending to my log..

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
whoops! yeah!! my bad... but I will certainly give this a run too... I mean Ill need it after the 5AT!
Congratulations you are the first to have officially acronymed 5-Alpha Test.
Actually, I think DS has this acronym in their LX product. Better to call it 5aT to avoid confusion ;). Regardless, nice product and an even better name. I can finally put the word "Reboot" to something other then a movie franchise :D.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Actually, I think DS has this acronym in their LX product. Better to call it 5aT to avoid confusion ;). Regardless, nice product and an even better name. I can finally put the word "Reboot" to something other then a movie franchise :D.
We won't actually use the acronym on everything. I was just pointing out that on the forums, everything gets an acronym. You could name a product "sup" and people would call it "sp". :D

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We won't actually use the acronym on everything. I was just pointing out that on the forums, everything gets an acronym. You could name a product "sup" and people would call it "sp". :D
In the world today, everything gets an acronym lol.

uubiduu

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
would be interested to know to how many caps of erase the AI content of one daily dose of this compares

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

TheBGRigatoni

TheBGRigatoni

Awards
  • Established
WTF gang..ReBoot sales off the chart..STOP!!!!!!!!!!! U ALL FUXIN ROK

ONtop888

Banned
Awards
BigRig, on paper Reboot seems to me to be the best all purpose PCT/test boost/natty recomp supplement available. I ordered some on release and plan on taking it after PCT. I'll keep you uPdated.

Waiting for the sublingual androsterone now :afro:.

TheBGRigatoni

TheBGRigatoni

Awards
  • Established
BigRig, on paper Reboot seems to me to be the best all purpose PCT/test boost/natty recomp supplement available. I ordered some on release and plan on taking it after PCT. I'll keep you uPdated.

Waiting for the sublingual androsterone now :afro:.
Most def my man keep us posted and all others

TheBGRigatoni

TheBGRigatoni

Awards
  • Established
Who has there ReBoot gang?

TheBGRigatoni

TheBGRigatoni

Awards
  • Established
Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
More new research on Theanine (found in FRL Reboot) showing it reduces stress during confrontation...

Exp Physiol. 2012 Jun 15. [Epub ahead of print]
Ingestion of theanine, an amino acid in tea, suppresses psychosocial stress in mice.
Unno K, Iguchi K, Tanida N, Fujitani K, Takamori N, Yamamoto H, Ishii N, Nagano H, Nagashima T, Hara A, Shimoi K, Hoshino M.
Source
University of Shizuoka.
Abstract
The anti-stress effect of theanine (γ-glutamylethylamide), an amino acid in tea, was investigated using mice that were psychosocially stressed from a conflict among male mice under confrontational housing. Two male mice were housed in the same cage separated with a partition to establish a territorial imperative. Then, the partition was removed and mice were co-housed confrontationally (confrontational housing). As a marker for stress-response, changes in the adrenal gland were studied in comparison to group-housed control mice (6 mice in a cage). Significant adrenal hypertrophy was observed in mice under confrontational housing, which was developed in 24 h and persisted for at least 1 week. The cell size in the zona fasciculata of the adrenal gland, from which glucocorticoid is mainly secreted, increased (ca. 1.11 times) in mice under confrontational housing, which was accompanied by the flattened diurnal rhythm of corticosterone and ACTH in blood. The ingestion of theanine (>5 μg/ml) prior to confrontational housing significantly suppressed adrenal hypertrophy. An anti-depressant paroxetin similarly suppressed adrenal hypertrophy in mice under confrontational housing. In mice that ingested theanine, behavioral depression was also suppressed and a diurnal rhythm of corticosterone and ACTH was observed, even when mice were under confrontational housing. Furthermore, the daily dose of theanine (40 μg/ml) blocked the counteracting effects of caffeine (30 μg/ml) and catechin (200 μg/ml). The present study demonstrated that theanine prevents and relieves psychosocial stress through the modulation of HPA axis activity.
PMID: 22707502 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]