Hi everyone! Im new here and need advice.

Jasmine

Jasmine

Awards
I work out a lot and have been for the last 5 years. I wanted to find out the best exeercises to slim my thighs down. I have been running, biking, and doing a regular leg work out. I am losing weight in the midsection but I feel like my ass and legs are not getting results. Can someone help.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
You are not alone....I work with a number of female competitors and they all say the same thing..."my butt and legs are too big!" LOL

Remember, its virtually impossible to spot reduce fat so you're going to hang onto it in the areas you're just genetically predisposed to. In women that happens to be the butt and thighs. As far as a plan goes, I would simply try to make sure my cardio was kept low intensity for longer times, and any weightlifting you do for lower body doesnt consist of a heavy workload.

holy

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
How is your diet? If you keep the diet in check the weight will eventually come off in those areas.

Do you do walking lunges? I've found that the walking dumbell lunges have added cut and muscle definition to my legs.

I think to help we need to know more about you and what kind of diet and training you use.

Jasmine

Jasmine

Awards
I eat pretty clean mostly chicken breast, vegtables and brown rice. I also only drink water. I do cardio I run about 2 miles a day, pretty much everyday.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How about we break this down.

Give us your workout routine for 1 week, and your diet on a normal day.

Height, Weight, Goals, Supplement history, etc.

Then we can try and go from there.

Adams

DreamOfWeight

DreamOfWeight

Awards
  • Established
hahalol... soooo uve been following me ayy!

and i dono... its gunna take reps to keep reps if u get my drift..lol

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
i agree with holyintellect.. keep the cardio a slower pace for longer time... the "fat burn" zone actually isnt that high of heart rate.. i remember transitionin from football season to basketball.. i lost 17 lbs over basketball season because of all the intense cardio we did, but most was muscle lbs because i wasnt burning the fat the cardio was too intense.. keep the heart rate lower for longer and youll be set

Genetic79

Genetic79

Awards
By the way.... your a cutie...... Alright now that I got that out of my system. I don't think he wants her to do longer, less intense cardio to stay in the fat burning zone. I think he's thinking that more intense cardio will build the muscle fibers in her legs. Things like spinning, sprints or even fast pace running can build bigger legs. Hell my legs went up 1/2 inch from a year of spinning.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
Both of you guys are correct....spinning and high intensity cardio can cause slight increases in your muscle mass in your legs...BUT, if you're trying to lose weight (fat specifically), cardio should be done for longer periods of time at a lower intensity....although I should note that I have used interval training with several women getting ready for a figure show with fantastic results...

holy

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
BUT, if you're trying to lose weight (fat specifically), cardio should be done for longer periods of time at a lower intensity....although I should note that I have used interval training with several women getting ready for a figure show with fantastic results...

holy
holy is on to something ;)

Being an endo I struggle with weight gain in the hips and ass as well. First on, last off.

The more I experiment the more strategies I find to be successful. I most frequently use static low/medium intensity cardio for extended periods of time with great success.

When the fat loss stalls I'll mix in a few hi intensity intervals two or three times in a week. This last cutting season was my most successful because of the attention to cardio and the addition of intuitive intensity intervals.

Jasmine, when do you do your cardio?

Consider doing a ten minute warm up on the treadmill before weight training and then after weight training do your extended cardio session of at least 20 mins. More if tolerated.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
The girl in my avatar is my wife....obviously the quality of the picture isnt the greatest, but it shows enough to see she was in shape....the ONLY cardio she did getting ready was interval training...she would do 3 minute cycles where she ran for two minutes followed by one minute of walking...each 3 minutes was 1 cycle. The most she got up to for the show was 24 minutes..thats 8 cycles...amazing results for her...I have never responded like that, but to be honest Ive never really been disciplined enough to haul ass for the two minutes, I'd rather suffer for an hour and walk...LOL...

holy

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have never responded like that, but to be honest Ive never really been disciplined enough to haul ass for the two minutes, I'd rather suffer for an hour and walk...LOL...

holy
I must be honest and clarify what I consider HIIT. I use a very inclined treadmill and walk really fast for 3 mins and then walk really really fast for 3 mins.

I run only in the event that I am being chased. Even then I'm not really that inspired. :D

Any improved cardio discipline is well worth the effort.

Jasmine?

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
Low intensity cardio, walking lunges, etc... all great suggestions. I have my wife doing suitcase deadlifts and she is seeing some benefit

Jasmine

Jasmine

Awards
I run about a mile a day. And bike about 4 miles. Everyday I work a different part of my body. Monday, arms. Tuesday Legs. Wed, chest. Thur, back. Friday, Sat and Sun. I do cardio and abs. When I was in the Army thats all we did was run, pushups and sit ups. And I was losing weight like crazy now it seems like that dosent work for me. And by the way thank you for the compliment Genetic79.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
You have to understand one thing about your body as it pertains to cardio...its very efficient. I do not believe in cardio in the offseason because what happens is your body becomes so accustomed to the load placed on it that the fat benefits slow to a stop. The cardiovascular benefits continue, but in your case you are looking to lose weight not run a marathon...That sounds like what has happened to you. I would actually back off the cardio for a time to before going back on it hard....Chris Aceto has written about this before..you may be able to find some of his stuff floating around out there...

holy

Jasmine

Jasmine

Awards
ok ok thanks for all the advice. I have one more question what are the pros of using Lipo Pm?

Genetic79

Genetic79

Awards
ok ok thanks for all the advice. I have one more question what are the pros of using Lipo Pm?
As long as the diet and cardio is tight, I would say increased fat loss and improved sleep..... judging by the ingredients.

kaleyrae90

kaleyrae90

Awards
im about to try lipo-pm thanks to texaslifter89 :D it should be up soon

AUTO

Awards
  • Established
normal walking and stretching. any resistance will build them up. also deep squats will increase your glutes

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hi Jasmine - it's always good to mix up your cardio - what are your feelings on swimming?

AUTO

Awards
  • Established
Hi Jasmine - it's always good to mix up your cardio - what are your feelings on swimming?

yeah good point, swimming is one of the best for cardio.
easy on the joints, whole body work out.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yeah good point, swimming is one of the best for cardio.
easy on the joints, whole body work out.
You can mix it up too - encorporate some HIIT sets - if anything's going to tone and shape the hips and thighs it's swimming.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
3000mg of fish oil and evening primrose are also supposed to help women drop the lower body estrogenic fat.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Benefits of Lipotrophin-PM

Personally, I use it because it gives me deeper, quality sleep. Other benefits of it is that it is a non-stimulant fat-burner. And some find that it aids in appetite suppression. It's definitely a quality product, and I would recommend it as a staple, simply because of the sleep benefits. (Plus, it's cheap, and a bottle lasts AGES!)

robdog

robdog

Awards
  • Established
run 4 to 6 miles a day instead of 1 or 2 then u will drop lbs faster

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established
Hi Jasmine, like others have said sounds like your cardio, is being over done and your body is preparing to run a marathon, have to keep surprising the body and confuse it with workouts and cardio girl, to target the lower area yes swimming is the best for it, walking lunges, incline leg press with low weight hi rep, and hip thrusters to help tighten your ass and inner thigh area will help to in my opinion if you work a certain area that area is more likely to lose weight than the rest of your body but your whole body will lose weight too so lets say you incline leg press to target legs and glutes, that area will burn more fat that your arms or midsection ya kno, good luck and hope you reach your goal, and remember diet is key!!

kkschaef

kkschaef

Awards
Try running stadium stairs. this seems to work for many of the girls I know that compete. I use it myself as well. My legs slim pretty quickly so i have to be careful with this one.
I use Lipo PM and it works great.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Try running stadium stairs. this seems to work for many of the girls I know that compete. I use it myself as well. My legs slim pretty quickly so i have to be careful with this one...
That's interesting. Running stairs is something I would suggest if you were trying to GAIN MUSCLE in your legs and glutes. Running stairs has always bulked my lower body up, as opposed to help get rid of the fat! Then again, almost nothing I do 'slims' my legs, but just adds to the muscle there.