Newbie needs advice!

jessicalykwan

Awards
Hey guys, I just started working out like a mth ago...and very consistent at it. I do those group classes, as well as weight training with a personal trainer but I found a bit of changes with my body. I'm not sure what's going on so it'll be great if someone could tell me what's going on.

First of all, I always had a bit of a constipation problem and lots of people told me that exercising would definitely help, but it hasn't at all. If it's anything, I find that my situation has worsen.

Secondly, I find myself eating alot more, which I guess is natural since I'm burning off the calories and my body is asking for more. But why do I feel like I'm gaining weight? Like my jeans on the legs feel tighter, my tummy gets really bloated, especially my lower abs...its like huge compared to before. I find it so hard to work on my lower abs because my lower back doesnt stayed flat on the floor...instead my lower back gets arched and I find myself hurting my lower back instead of working on my lower abs

Thirdly, how long does it take to see results? The reason I really joined the gym is because of my flat bum, but I already see abit cellulite on my butt and hamstrings...I'm on 24 years old and a very slim female...5'4.5" and around 100-103 lbs. I'm thinking my weight probably increase since I've started working out.

Am I eating wrong or exercising wrong? What's wrong with my body? Anyway, any insight would be helpful!

Thanks,
Jess

Last edited:
holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
Exercise will not have any effect on your bowel movements...any fiber supplement will give you the relief you are looking for there...

As far as whether or not you're eating right, I would venture to say probably not...I have several women clients, and even the ones who have competed before all think their diets are good until we sit down and go over them...then its another story. Its possible your clothes feel tighter because you have changed your body composition and your actually carrying a little more muscle...of course, its also possible that you've been eating more calories than you've burned and you've put on a few "bad" pounds.....its hard to guess those things over a message board...

holy

jessicalykwan

Awards
Exercise will not have any effect on your bowel movements...any fiber supplement will give you the relief you are looking for there...

As far as whether or not you're eating right, I would venture to say probably not...I have several women clients, and even the ones who have competed before all think their diets are good until we sit down and go over them...then its another story. Its possible your clothes feel tighter because you have changed your body composition and your actually carrying a little more muscle...of course, its also possible that you've been eating more calories than you've burned and you've put on a few "bad" pounds.....its hard to guess those things over a message board...

holy
Thanks for ur input, holy! What would you say is "good" diet? I do admit I eat poorly, maybe simply because I live alone and I don't know what's good for me especially when I exercise. I don't want to eat too healthy because I find that I get really hungry quickly, which leaves me weak at the gym. Sometimes, I even feel like I have an air bubble in my ears during my workouts which causes major discomfort. My friend told me that could be due to dehydration but I'm not too sure.

Jess

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
Drink at least a gallon of water a day...
Do some searching... There's a whole section on here called Nutrition. Look around the forum and learn!!! It's been posted several times, just take a look around.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
I personally believe in a paleolithic type diet...Just because you eat well does not mean you should be going hungry...quite the contrary...almost without exception the women I prep complain about all the food they have to eat...in the most simplistic terms, try to remember that smaller meals are better and that you should eat more frequently. Women generally have a hard time grasping the whole "you gotta eat more to lose" type mentality, but I do believe thats the most efficient. Its really hard to write up a diet for someone without knowing a lot of pertinent information....

holy