Protein diet

PoopiesWife

PoopiesWife

Awards
I was reading something about an all protein diet and very little carbs and about 2 gallons of water a day. Now I read that you can do this for about two weeks, but I need to know details if anyone has tried it and if you had how long to you recommened that I stay on it. What should I eat?? I was think chicken breast and veggies. So please if anyone knows anything about this please let me know thank you.:gotsearch

arizonanewbie

arizonanewbie

Awards
PW, Dave Draper talks about this in his book "Brother Iron, Sister Steel" and on his online column as the "Tuna and Water Diet." He claims that it was common among BBers in the 1960s. He recommends it for short periods, like 3 days. I ate nothing but tuna (with seasoning) for 3 straight days, with lots of water. Recommendation - if you do this, add metamucil.

AppliedBaby

AppliedBaby

Awards
your body needs some carbs to function. period. keep the carbs complex. oats, brown rice, and yams. keep them in the morning and around training times, the rest of your meals can be any lean protein and veggies

Squeaks4ver

Squeaks4ver

Awards
  • Established
I actually use to use this method of eating. And though it does work, and fast, please please please make sure you do take something to help your inner plumbing... I looked really really really yummie but god darnit to heck, after 3 weeks of just fish and water.. i felt like... ugh.. then i started to add this stuff called super seed... works WONDERS lol

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I actually use to use this method of eating. And though it does work, and fast, please please please make sure you do take something to help your inner plumbing... I looked really really really yummie but god darnit to heck, after 3 weeks of just fish and water.. i felt like... ugh.. then i started to add this stuff called super seed... works WONDERS lol
"Super Seed" huh? LOL! :toofunny: ;)

Squeaks4ver

Squeaks4ver

Awards
  • Established
Oh shush your mouth.. it worked just fine and it gave a nice nutty flavour to my most wonderful puke shakes! Sorry I didn't use RPN's psyllium HCL or something :FUfinger:

JK I am sure there is better and cheaper stuff on he market.. but i am rich so i dont care what I use

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh shush your mouth.. it worked just fine and it gave a nice nutty flavour to my most wonderful puke shakes! Sorry I didn't use RPN's psyllium HCL or something :FUfinger:

JK I am sure there is better and cheaper stuff on he market.. but i am rich so i dont care what I use
Damn squeaks, it was just a harmless little joke. However, i'm not sure it came across right though. Ah well....tee hee. :D

Squeaks4ver

Squeaks4ver

Awards
  • Established
i was just kidding too lol.. sorry my phone rang and I hit send too quick and then couldn't edit what i wanted to

kkschaef

kkschaef

Awards
I agree you do need to keep some carbs n your diet. Timing is important. Like AppliedBaby said around training and in the a.m.