my gf cant lose weight

comacho

comacho

Awards
  • Established
Hey,

so my girl weighed in at 130 before a month ago, all of sudden she gains weight upto 135, all fat, she was on 1 week of SAN's Blaze. Not sure if that caused it. I had her stop because i read that 7-keto-DHEA can elevate LH and lower test/estro.

anyways, she was doing 3 times a week weight training high intensity moderate volume and twice a week cardio kickboxing. I had her switch to twice a week cardio plus 4 days of high intensity moderate volume and 15 min walk after each session.

shes taking Effexor 75mg a day. I bought her some DCP/levi. She's taking 6 caps of DCP and 1 of levi a day. She cant bump up on levi due to stomach discomfort.

Before she started the new program and DCP/Levi she managed to get down to 133, but now shes stuck at that weight.

Shes definitely burning more calories than when she weighed at 130. so waht that hell? Shes frustrated and I am.

I was thinking if after a month and she cant drop the weight, i will suggest that she see an endocrinologist for thyroid checkup. Hopefully we wont have to go that route.

she eats well, not counting calories but pretty much same type of food and portion. Protein/carbs meals and Protein/fat meals throughout.

any inputs? I mean shes busting her a ss in the gym with no results? thats bs. She's been training for 3 years now so not a newbie.

frustration...

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Give the DCP/Levi time to work add in 1 more capsule of DCP right before workout. So 2 in the Am with her Levi, 3 before workout and 2 before bed.

You said she weight trains right?

comacho

comacho

Awards
  • Established
Hi Crader,

yes, started weight training 3 years ago

and doing real lifts like deadlift/squats/rows and etc. LOL

i will suggest the idea for bumping up one more cap on DCP.

when you say 'before' workout,,,how much 'before'? right before she heads out to the gym or 30min or so?

thanks

TheAnimalG

TheAnimalG

Awards
Weight loss is 90% diet. Make sure her diet is spot-on.

A half hour of cardio might be a few hundred calories, but think about how easy it is to accidentally eat a few extra calories, just by measuring a tiny bit extra when cooking, or taking one extra bite. ...or ordering a grilled chicken from mcdonalds (420 calories) vs ordering one from Wendy's (300 calories) It adds up, especially when you are a 130 lb girl that needs to keep the calories under 1500 or whatever..

Then, once you KNOW the diet is right on, and she is doing the cardio, then ignore the scale... Water weight will fluctuate from day to day, but the weight WILL drop off.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey,

so my girl weighed in at 130 before a month ago, all of sudden she gains weight upto 135, all fat, she was on 1 week of SAN's Blaze. Not sure if that caused it. I had her stop because i read that 7-keto-DHEA can elevate LH and lower test/estro.

anyways, she was doing 3 times a week weight training high intensity moderate volume and twice a week cardio kickboxing. I had her switch to twice a week cardio plus 4 days of high intensity moderate volume and 15 min walk after each session.

shes taking Effexor 75mg a day. I bought her some DCP/levi. She's taking 6 caps of DCP and 1 of levi a day. She cant bump up on levi due to stomach discomfort.

Before she started the new program and DCP/Levi she managed to get down to 133, but now shes stuck at that weight.

Shes definitely burning more calories than when she weighed at 130. so waht that hell? Shes frustrated and I am.

I was thinking if after a month and she cant drop the weight, i will suggest that she see an endocrinologist for thyroid checkup. Hopefully we wont have to go that route.

she eats well, not counting calories but pretty much same type of food and portion. Protein/carbs meals and Protein/fat meals throughout.

any inputs? I mean shes busting her a ss in the gym with no results? thats bs. She's been training for 3 years now so not a newbie.

frustration...
Is she on the pill?

comacho

comacho

Awards
  • Established
yes on the pills, since forever i think...

cant come off because she gets bad cramps according to her.

plus, jimihats suck LOL

TheAnimalG,,,you know its hard for them to hit the gym AND watch what they eat, not dissing some women here, but generally you dont see that many girls SERIOUSLY dieting and training. I have suggested in order to lose weight the diet needs to be spot on and she needs to count everything and all must be controlled so you know how much are you getting that way you can drop as you go. But she said she wanted to try lose weight from exercising. Hey at least she's lifting her ass off, thats kinda rare, you see many others just doing cardio but she does both. thats why its frustrating to see her struggle when there is no good pay off.

I am going to count the cal tomorrow for her, shes not even eating alot and its 'clean' whatever seh eats. I am seriously starting to think she might be hypothyroid

you can lead a horse to water...you know taht saying but i will convince her again for more focus in diet.

this shiat stresses ME out ahhahah

im getting some PEG MGF for myself, maybe i can jab her when shes sleeping? LOL j/k j/k

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ok I meant 3 pills about 30 min before workout....However I see you mentioned she does not eat alot. My trainer is having me eat 6 meals a day with 20 grams of protein a day. She will not lose weight if she is not eating enough as her body will hold on to the weight. She also has to eat clean. I'll be posting my diet for the week when I get it tonite in my log.

TheAnimalG

TheAnimalG

Awards
But she said she wanted to try lose weight from exercising.
When it comes to losing weight:

Exercise does is not equal to proper diet!
Exercise < proper diet.

30 minutes on a treadmill is probably 300 calories for her.

ONE Mrs. Fields cookie is 300 calories. ONE small bag of chips is 300 calories.

You can think to yourself, I can afford to cheat a little... just one cookie... and then you've blown the entire cardio session, not realizing how much energy is stored up in food.

Lets say you go entirely off your diet for a day and splurge with 3 extra Cookies and two extra slices of greasy pizza. (not realizing that this is 2200 calories) You couldn't possibly do enough cardio in a day to make up for that excess of calories. It probably takes you less than 10 minutes to eat all of that, while it would take 3.5 hours on the treadmill to burn it off.

Exercise should be looked at as a 'supplement' to your diet regimen.

Frequency

Frequency

Awards
  • Established
Doesnt eat much and when she does its clean....My wife thought the same thing. http://www.thedailyplate.com this is a good site to keep up with cals. My wife likes it better than fitday.

comacho

comacho

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the inputs guys,

quick update, she lost .5 lbs LOL but,,,she looks much much better like when she was at 130. so something is going on.

insstead of just riding it out, I will have her go on keto diet for a month, to see what happens further.

we brainstormed about t-mag's Carb Cycling Codex, but the math came out to be more than what shes eating now...so she will try keto.

of course the calories will be counted, and drop 20% every week until results come and so on.

i will keep updating here as she goes

kkschaef

kkschaef

Awards
She needs to make sure she is actually taking in enough calories. She needs to get in at the very least 4 meals a day 6 is preferable. Each meal should contain a lean protein source. eat lots of vegetables and stick to carbs like oats, sweet potatoes, brown rice. Cutting out bread may help. Water is very important she should shoot for around a gallon per day.
It's amazing how much food you can actually if it's extremely lean and clean. I eat 6-8 meals per day.

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established
Effexor:

Just to let you know bro, Effexor will make you gain weight! is you gf depressed ?

Al Shades

Al Shades

Awards
If somebody can't gain or lose weight on a proper diet, their metabolism is screwed up - no question about it.

Also, anti-depressants are associated with weight gain. You know this, right? And may I ask where you read that 7-keto reduces test/est?

comacho

comacho

Awards
  • Established
al shades

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11300231?ordinalpos=2&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum

and effexor is used for her anxiety, 75mg and she wont increase further.

and if it's truly causing her to gain weight, i will have her talk to her doctor about it, i mean i think i will be stressed out if anti anxiety drug made me fat on top of the pre existing condition.

i hate those kinds of drugs, but oh well what can i do im no doctor.

thanks for the replies fellas.

she started her keto this week, will keep you updated, like i said shes looking like her old self but still same weight, but we will see in a few weeks.

T

Tobinho

Awards
and effexor is used for her anxiety, 75mg and she wont increase further.

and if it's truly causing her to gain weight, i will have her talk to her doctor about it, i mean i think i will be stressed out if anti anxiety drug made me fat on top of the pre existing condition.
Yes, Effexor (venlafaxine) is known to cause weight-gain, as are nearly all antidepressants.

Wellbutrin (bupropion) is a rare one in that it doesn't cause weight-gain, so it might be worth her speaking to her doctor about a change of prescription. :thumbsup:

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
your girlfriend is sneaking food. its time to put a lock on the refrigerator. thats the only explanation that makes sense. i would dump her now before it goes any further. imagine if you get married....not pretty

Variocam

Variocam

Awards
set it up so she cant get at the fridge except for beer fetching

comacho

comacho

Awards
  • Established
2nd week done with her keto diet, another 1/2 lb lost but looking much better around the midsection, so progress is showing.

everyone is happy so far, another 2 weeks then she will have a cheat meal, then will be another 4 weeks of keto and so on, we will see how it goes from there.

note; its keto but shes not eating fatty food like fried stuff, or fatty meat. Most of her fats are coming from good fat source, flax and etc.

shes doing extra cardio in the mornings of off days as well.

shes still on DCP/levi, bought another DCP. Targex burn is done but we may not get another bottle yet.

she also has an appointment with her doctor about effexor.

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Why are you so obsessed with weight? You guys should be more focused on her look and measurements. It could be possible that she has put on some muscle in three years of lifting, right?

Either way, what EXACTLY does she eat? I'm curious to see the specifics.

comacho

comacho

Awards
  • Established
Why are you so obsessed with weight? You guys should be more focused on her look and measurements. It could be possible that she has put on some muscle in three years of lifting, right?

Either way, what EXACTLY does she eat? I'm curious to see the specifics.
well, doesnt matter what the list is because she is not really eating samething day in day out, its varied slightly.

protein source: protein shake, low fat pepperoni, low fat low carb cheese, chicken, tuna, vegie burger, occasional lean red meat, eggs, lean ham slices.

and tons of vegies but nothing too sugary like carrots.

all those meals are very small in proportion, its not like shes eating alot of those. small and frequent meals

3 meals and 3 snacks (vegies, protein shake, cheese etc)

i might have her bump up more weight training days.

shes going to get her blood work done to see if her metabolism and other hormones are okay.

you are right though, the scale doesnt matter at this point because like i said she looks much better right now than when she recently put on weight, so progress is happening.

2 more weeks of keto if no more results then i must again convince her to go on more strict counting same food everyday diet with calorie deficit. if not i might suggest flip this whole thing and just concentrate on building muscles instead with clean diet. probably easier for both of us.

:squat:

Emerge

Emerge

Awards
  • Established
Do you know how beneficial carrots are for you? They are the staple of a lot of detox programs (the juiced version).

Speaking of which, doing a 10 day detox might not be a bad idea for her. I've read that it can eliminate a lot of toxins and material that is literally stuck in the digestive track which otherwise might never come out.

Anyway, the weight number shouldn't be too important once she looks good. I think once a girl looks decent she can then just focus on trouble areas, or more toning and more definition. Just my .2.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Nutrition / Health 19
R Weight Loss 64
F Weight Loss 44
machine528 Weight Loss 3
Bigbucksss Weight Loss 47