The 3 Best Places to Find Weight Loss Motivation

FemBot

FemBot

Awards
Talk to any woman who is trying to lose weight and you will soon discover that it isn’t the first time she has tried a weight loss program. Some recent surveys have shown that 90% of American women have tried a weight loss program.

And what is the number one reason for failing?

Lack of motivation.
The 3 Best Places to Find Weight Loss Motivation

In this post I want to look at the three best places you can find and discover some lasting weight loss motivation. Now I am not talking about the type of motivation that lasts a week. I am talking about the type of motivation that will see you through to your ideal weight goal and then long into the future. This is REAL weight loss. We are not interested in yo-yo diets where your weight and your motivation bounce up and down.

1. From a weight loss hero

If you have a chat to a successful person you will learn that many of them have heros that they were inspired by or from whom they learned valuable lessons. For example, many modern boxers have great admiration and respect for Bruce Lee and Muhummad Ali. They based their fighting style and training methods on what they did.

Finding weight loss motivation from a hero is something that you should do “part time”. What I mean by this is that you shouldn’t rely 100% on that figure because in the end your weight loss is going to come down to one person. You. And while a hero is a good place to find motivation on a rainy day it is not a good place to find long term inspiration.

There are quite a lot of female celebrities who have approached weight loss and fitness in a healthy way and achieved great things. Some of the more notable ones include:

* Kirstie Alley
* Madonna
* Oprah
* Jennifer Garner

2. From a good health perspective

One of the ultimate and best ways to get lasting weight loss motivation is to think of and always remember your health. If you are over weight you are 10 times more likely to get cancer, heart disease, diabetes and all those nasty ailments that we fear on a daily basis.

Think to yourself: “If I get lean I will get healthy”.

However, this does not mean starve yourself and get really skinny. That is just as bad as being obese. What it does mean, however, is that you should use your health as an excuse to go to the gym and eat right. Anyone who has had a cancer scare or a mild heart attack will know what I mean. This motivation is solid.
3. From your children

If you have children you will soon have to face the fact that if you are overweight your children are likely to be overweight too. Do you really want them to go through all that you have gone through?

Now I know I am going to get a tonne of emails from people telling me that fat people are just the same as skinny people etc. and while that point of view is correct and valid it is not the way the world operates. Fat kids get teased at school. I know, I was one of them. And while you can make all the excuses in the world for fat people the majority of the time it comes down to diet, exercise and lifestyle. And these things are learned 90% from the parents.

If you are overweight then think of your children’s health and get in shape. You will be doing everyone in your family a huge service.

Conclusion
If you are trying to lose weight you should take good note of these three motivations. Use each and every one of them and never forget them. Always try to keep the big picture in mind when you feel like your resolve is slipping and you are edging towards the chocolate cake. Do it for yourself and for everyone around you.