Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.81%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by celc5 View Post
    Great thread. LOTS to discuss:

#1 Am I the only one that is NEVER satisfied with low GI carbs? Seriously, for me they seem to have the opposite of the filling effect that everyone else describes.

#2 I have a female friend who is 5'6" 140 lbs and 20-21% bf. She eats about 125g pro/250g carb/30g fat per day. I guess that's around 1770 cals for maintenance for her. She REFUSES to increase protein intake for cost reasons as you ladies mentioned and she just doesn't have the will to eat more meat or drink more shakes.
    1. I thought GI has been pretty much deemed as irrelevant? Which low-GI foods are you talking about? For me personally, oats which are relatively low in GI fill me up, but so do white potatoes..

2. Is she happy with how she looks right now? Sounds like she is at a good weight and bf for her height, does she want to build muscle or does she prefer the slim look, in which case what she's doing sounds pretty good already.

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by asianbabe View Post
    1. I thought GI has been pretty much deemed as irrelevant? Which low-GI foods are you talking about? For me personally, oats which are relatively low in GI fill me up, but so do white potatoes..

2. Is she happy with how she looks right now? Sounds like she is at a good weight and bf for her height, does she want to build muscle or does she prefer the slim look, in which case what she's doing sounds pretty good already.
    And to keep the numbering system going...

1. To be honest I'm not sure about GI's relevance. I have to admit that I have difficulty determining credibility of sources when I read "carb-related" articles, so I'm still in the process of developing my own opinions.

2. Ya, she's a really confident girl and has a refreshing sense of humor when it comes to female body image. When she's lifting, she gets an ego and wants to build muscle. 15 minutes later, she changes her mind and wants to be as slim as can be. Quite frankly, I'm entertained by her whole decision making process
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.92%

today 390 cals for breakfast, 30 cals protein water after w/o with a 195 cals yogurt w/flax.

Thats it so far today. mY stomach's feeling a bit....errggh ... just took a load of supps, mebbe it just needs to calm down first.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.81%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by celc5 View Post
    And to keep the numbering system going...

1. To be honest I'm not sure about GI's relevance. I have to admit that I have difficulty determining credibility of sources when I read "carb-related" articles, so I'm still in the process of developing my own opinions.

2. Ya, she's a really confident girl and has a refreshing sense of humor when it comes to female body image. When she's lifting, she gets an ego and wants to build muscle. 15 minutes later, she changes her mind and wants to be as slim as can be. Quite frankly, I'm entertained by her whole decision making process
    Sounds like she is fine as a daisy doing what she does now
  5. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.99%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by asianbabe View Post
    Sounds like she is fine as a daisy doing what she does now
    Agreed. I think I just wanted to show bassgirl that we all seem to have difficulty learning about macros and calories, choosing a diet plan, and then actually executing the plan. Browsing through bassgirl's posts in this thread reminded me of my friend on so many levels.

Bassgirl, running a log is the BEST way for me to stay honest with my diet. Then when you plateua, it will be very easy to make appropriate adjustments. I bet this is going to be very successful for you

Similar Forum Threads

1. please help with this calorie intake
    By madmuscle in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-05-2012, 08:57 AM
  2. approx calorie intake for 18 yr old
    By harry5543 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-01-2012, 08:46 AM
  3. Calorie intake while on Ph's?
    By Jayhawkk in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6