New Female Fitness section

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The women have their section!

As the description states, discuss training, nutrition, bb'ing or overall health for women. This section will be strictly enforced...yeah yeah yeah, what else is new :lol:

We are also looking for someone (a woman!) to lead this section. If you interested in this opportunity please PM me. Thanks :)

:chick:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks asianbabe...shoot me a pm when you can.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hopefully this will make it easier in the future to find articles and discussions about training for women that I can pass onto my sisters and some female friends that ask me about workout tips for them.

Great idea :thumbsup:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does AM have a high enough volume of female users to accomodate such a section, or will this be employed as an attempt to generate more female users?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
We have several women posters and i'm sure many more that just lurk. This may be what they need to feel more comfortable to contribute more... It would also help bring more females as well. All imho.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does AM have a high enough volume of female users to accomodate such a section, or will this be employed as an attempt to generate more female users?
I don't attempt, I do :D

But it will take time....the male presence is strong with this one ;)

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Good point. I know there are some females but I don't think they're quite as addicted to AM as we males :D I'll see if I can recruit some talent at other boards because they don't have a very active female section. We have the numbers here to create a good women's section but it's just like building an NFL powerhouse in the sense that it takes talent, leadership, and time :)

bassgirl

bassgirl

Awards
The women have their section!

As the description states, discuss training, nutrition, bb'ing or overall health for women. This section will be strictly enforced...yeah yeah yeah, what else is new :lol:

We are also looking for someone (a woman!) to lead this section. If you interested in this opportunity please PM me. Thanks :)

:chick:
I just joined yesterday and during my readings, this forum appeared! Fantastic! I am particularly interested in what the best supplements are for women (to lose fat/add muscle) and what is working for other women. Let's go sistahs!!!

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
I say all the fellas con their girlfriends, wives, sisters into joining :D

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
I just joined yesterday and during my readings, this forum appeared! Fantastic! I am particularly interested in what the best supplements are for women (to lose fat/add muscle) and what is working for other women. Let's go sistahs!!!
Hey Bass girl, glad to see you have joined. How long have you been training and what experience have you had with previous supplements?

bassgirl

bassgirl

Awards
Here's my post from one of the newbie threads:

My first post too! I am in the same boat as you. I'm a newbie too.

Compared to last year I am leaner (Yay!) and compared to 2 years ago, I look almost like a different person. Just to give you an idea, I've dropped from a size 20 to a 12 in that time. However I still have a long way to go, and know that the easy part is over with now, and the hard part is from here on out! This is "phase 3" , changing my body composition. I have renewed enthusiasm!

I am *very* new to much of these things but I do have a basic understanding of what I need to do, and how my body can do it.

I am 5'8" and 175 lbs, long arms and legs. I have always "carried" my weight well, but now I want to do something not just about my weight but about my physique and metabolism. My goal is to be "mean and lean" (maybe 135 lbs) with higher BMR/RMR so I can control my weight more and also be toned and stronger. I am pretty strong for a gal (esp. a newbie at this level) but aint what I used to be . I'm 36, I guess I can't expect to do what I did when I was half this age, or can I?

In addition to my multi vit, I Am taking:
ECA (2 weeks so far, man I have never sweat so bad at the gym before, til today!)
L Carnitine
Green Tea
Biotin (also for hair and nails)
Zinc

and 5-HTP and Chromium Picolinate as well as Fiber Tabs to control my apetite. Not to mention I drink a lot of tea, and energy drinks. I think I have the right "idea" but definitely need some training on how to enhance and get better results.

terracotta

terracotta

Awards
Hey there Bassgirl. Sounds like you've been doing great so far. How has your progress been lately as judged by measurements/mirror? Since you are taking an ECA stack, it would be a good idea to limit other sources of caffeine (such as energy drinks).

bassgirl

bassgirl

Awards
Hey there Bassgirl. Sounds like you've been doing great so far. How has your progress been lately as judged by measurements/mirror? Since you are taking an ECA stack, it would be a good idea to limit other sources of caffeine (such as energy drinks).
Boo hoo, I wuv my tea!! I guess that will help me "wean" off the C a little if I try to drink less of those drinks. I just read about "cycling" yesterday, and found out it wasnt the one with wheels. heh. Thanks for the tip.

Progress has been kinda slow since Turkey day. I consider it a bonus I havent gained any weight. I went down 1 lb last week. Hey, still good right? Esp. for this time of year. I can tell my legs are starting to take shape, especially around my knees and quads. And today at the Y, I was doing my pulldowns, and began to notice a few things. I found out I had muscles I didnt even know I had! I usually notice this particularly the "morning after" a new workout item. (Ive been overweight since I was a kid). My arms are a lot less wobbly now, a lot firmer, but I am still flabby, esp in the middle. I know this is going to take a while.

terracotta

terracotta

Awards
Boo hoo, I wuv my tea!! I guess that will help me "wean" off the C a little if I try to drink less of those drinks. I just read about "cycling" yesterday, and found out it wasnt the one with wheels. heh. Thanks for the tip.

Progress has been kinda slow since Turkey day. I consider it a bonus I havent gained any weight. I went down 1 lb last week. Hey, still good right? Esp. for this time of year. I can tell my legs are starting to take shape, especially around my knees and quads. And today at the Y, I was doing my pulldowns, and began to notice a few things. I found out I had muscles I didnt even know I had! I usually notice this particularly the "morning after" a new workout item. (Ive been overweight since I was a kid). My arms are a lot less wobbly now, a lot firmer, but I am still flabby, esp in the middle. I know this is going to take a while.
Sounds like you are doing well. :D

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Hey bass girl, whatever you are doing now, it is working for you. If it is working, i.e. you are still losing weight and feeling firmer all over - by all means continue with it. No need to change something that isn't broken, all it takes is a bit of patience, you will get there!

bassgirl

bassgirl

Awards
Hey bass girl, whatever you are doing now, it is working for you. If it is working, i.e. you are still losing weight and feeling firmer all over - by all means continue with it. No need to change something that isn't broken, all it takes is a bit of patience, you will get there!
I have switched to cinnamon tea in the evenings now. Hopefully that will have some good health effects :)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That does sound good, given the season.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just wanted to post in the girls thread. :)

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL. Looks like we'd better keep a low profile; otherwise, we're gonna scare 'em all away :D

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL. Looks like we'd better keep a low profile; otherwise, we're gonna scare 'em all away :D
Only you scare em' away,......

hahahahhaha had to say it....:)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bring on the babes haha! :D

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Me neither! Quite the opposite!
I love it!! More girls need to have that take charge attitude!

I kinda like this thread....;)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad to have you ladies here! :D