Pyramid for fat loss

Maria

Maria

Awards
Hey guys and girls , recently started reading /studying , talking with some trainers about pyramid method for fat loss. What's your opinion on it , tips , advice ?
Thanks

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pyramid weight training?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
The training itself wont cause fat loss... With that being said anything that increases the heart rate any more than normal should help burn extra calories

Maria

Maria

Awards
I'm sure it won't if don't match it up with an slightly decreased calorie intake . I think I was looking more of a efficiency comparison between your regular traditional training 3-4 sets same rep same weight & this method ( the Oxford reverse pyramid ) which is supposed to be more efficient for gaining strength , fat loss and even gains when done properly .

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pyramiding is more for size and strength. It can indirectly lead to fat loss as long as you pay attention to diet, but if you keep your calories too low you may just be over fatiguing body. you need to provide the protein and calories to supply muscle growth to help with fat burning.

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
It depends on intensity and rest between sets as well. If you are using short rest cycles with high intensity (at lower weight, obviously) then it could help with fat loss, IMO.

Maria

Maria

Awards
Thanks Wrivest , I'm doing short rest period to none , so definitely a good sweat with this training method

David147

Awards
The original food pyramid created by the USDA (US Dept. of Agriculture) was created during a period when there was a surplus of grains being grown in the US. It's basic economics and law of supply and demand. The overage in grain makes it so the prices were very, VERY low and farmers were failing because of it. The food pyramid is not the solution to the problem; however, it was defiantly influenced by the situation. So what situation do we have now? Our nation is obese and we have to find a way to deal with it. Hence, all the research and the new food pyramid.

Maria

Maria

Awards
The original food pyramid created by the USDA (US Dept. of Agriculture) was created during a period when there was a surplus of grains being grown in the US. It's basic economics and law of supply and demand. The overage in grain makes it so the prices were very, VERY low and farmers were failing because of it. The food pyramid is not the solution to the problem; however, it was defiantly influenced by the situation. So what situation do we have now? Our nation is obese and we have to find a way to deal with it. Hence, all the research and the new food pyramid.
It's not about food pyramid , I was talking about the method of training called pyramid , which is different story . Thanks for the comment though

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Completely off topic and completely wrong if it was the topic