The Buff Bride

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
Hey all! ChickDiesel is back in the house! Since I've been away, I've packed on a little size and focused on rounding out my shoulders and bringing some mass to the rectus abdominals! Ohhh and yeah...one other thing...I got engaged! Whoop whoop ! So not only will I be prepping toward competing for my pro card this coming fall, I will also be preparing to walk down the aisle!
As excited as that sounds, I am a little nervous I have to admit about looking like Hercules in my wedding dress come June! Lol At first I said (and I can't believe I actually uttered these words) I think I want to lose muscle! I want to fit into a dress and look fabulous and not goofy! Well, with a wingspan that even a size 12-14 dress would zip and close around, I had to face my fears and put my big girl panties on! I had to embrace my genetics! I know I will never look like Angelina Jolie, but darnit I'm going to rock the mess out of that gown!
Any other summer brides on here? What fears do you have about your body come the big day?

The Rockette

Awards
Girl, it's not about how much muscle a woman has that makes her feminine or not... It's about how you carry yourself!
And a good make up artist never hurt anyone ;-)
Congrats on the engagement!

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
Girl, it's not about how much muscle a woman has that makes her feminine or not... It's about how you carry yourself!
And a good make up artist never hurt anyone ;-)
Congrats on the engagement!
Pff! Make up is over rated! Lol i'm a natural beauty thank goodness, but I'm sorry.... Once you put a bodybuilder in a dress...she still going to look like and be a bodybuilder! Even if she pranced down the aisle in pearls and lace with mini poodles!

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh how exciting! What kind of dress are you getting? Congrats WP! :)

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards

The Rockette

Awards
Pff! Make up is over rated! Lol i'm a natural beauty thank goodness, but I'm sorry.... Once you put a bodybuilder in a dress...she still going to look like and be a bodybuilder! Even if she pranced down the aisle in pearls and lace with mini poodles!
You're right, the big BIG body builder women probably wouldn't look right in a dress lol. But i think MOST of the other physiques (fitness, figure, physique) all would be ok in a dress as long as it isn't super close to a comp.
I doubt anyone would be able to take the stress of a wedding and comp close together anyways

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
You're right, the big BIG body builder women probably wouldn't look right in a dress lol. But i think MOST of the other physiques (fitness, figure, physique) all would be ok in a dress as long as it isn't super close to a comp.
I doubt anyone would be able to take the stress of a wedding and comp close together anyways
DUN DUN DUNNNNN! Okay, Now you're gonna think I'm crazy! But....wait for it!
I'm thinking of doing just that!
Prepping for Team U or USA's.....
I want to soooooo bad. If I started now I'd peak too soon, but yeah went to go get quotes on alterations on my gown because it's already too big and the lady told me after she fixes it that I couldn't lose anymore weight! I looked at her like she was crazy! What???? Oh no!!! Do they make stretchy wedding dresses?!?! I think we are gonna have a problem! ha! My fiance already thinks I'm nuts for wanting to cater it myself, but I can handle it....I think...(eeeek)...
Thing is...everyone, well almost everyone around me is in preps right now...why can't I!?!?! No fair....wanna be prepping for something! grrr! UGH! I need to relax! ha!

The Rockette

Awards
Girl.... Don't take this the wrong way but...
YOU ARE EFFING NUTS!!!!!
Ya know though, it's gonna be crazy and stressful and all that good stuff but, once it's over, it's over and you'll be able to fully relax on your honeymoon (assuming the contest will be over before then)

buff.girl

buff.girl

Awards
Congrats on the engagment! Im stoked to see what u gna look like :)

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
Well, the engagement and wedding is off....ohhh and I'm single again! ha! But, it is all good! Probably two weeks into prep my ex started showing his true colors, getting aggravated with my eating schedule and how I preferred to train without since he couldn't keep up, and well, other issues like his controlling behavior when I'd want to go to the gym at 11pm for another round of cardio because we were inactive most the day or cause I simply just needed to have some time to myself away from his bickering! It just wasn't gonna work out. I have mixed thoughts when it comes to dating someone who isn't in the fitness industry. I feel that making sure you know the person you choose to spend the rest of your life with is very important, although you can never really be too sure. It all boils down to how that person is going to respect and support you in what YOU WANT in your life and what IS BEST FOR YOU. If they cannot grasp that, or even respect that, then they don't deserve you! He didn't deserve me, he didn't appreciate the things I did to balance my personal life outside our relationship as well as still provide him the attention he deserved by me being a good girlfriend. He just wasn't meant fr me and I'm glad I didn't find out after the wedding! Sure it was embarrassing to explain to family and friends, but I'm glad I listened to my heart and broke free. Back to living life to provide a stable and happy life for my children and myself and of course the training still goes on!!!! I will never give up my love for iron!

michelle82

Awards
Well, the engagement and wedding is off....ohhh and I'm single again! ha! But, it is all good! Probably two weeks into prep my ex started showing his true colors, getting aggravated with my eating schedule and how I preferred to train without since he couldn't keep up, and well, other issues like his controlling behavior when I'd want to go to the gym at 11pm for another round of cardio because we were inactive most the day or cause I simply just needed to have some time to myself away from his bickering! It just wasn't gonna work out. I have mixed thoughts when it comes to dating someone who isn't in the fitness industry. I feel that making sure you know the person you choose to spend the rest of your life with is very important, although you can never really be too sure. It all boils down to how that person is going to respect and support you in what YOU WANT in your life and what IS BEST FOR YOU. If they cannot grasp that, or even respect that, then they don't deserve you! He didn't deserve me, he didn't appreciate the things I did to balance my personal life outside our relationship as well as still provide him the attention he deserved by me being a good girlfriend. He just wasn't meant fr me and I'm glad I didn't find out after the wedding! Sure it was embarrassing to explain to family and friends, but I'm glad I listened to my heart and broke free. Back to living life to provide a stable and happy life for my children and myself and of course the training still goes on!!!! I will never give up my love for iron!
Sorry to hear that, but at the same time congrats on being brave and just listening and following your heart. Fitness is a big part of people's life and it has to e respected and taken into consideration by your partner. If that person can feel comfortable with what you do, what you love or how you live life, than it means its just not meant to be. You'll be able to find someone that shares your same passion for lifting and working out. Meanwhile relax and just take it easy. I wish you nothing but the best! ?