Need advice on gaining weight - AnabolicMinds.com

Need advice on gaining weight

  1. New Member
    LiveFit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    19

    Reputation

    Need advice on gaining weight


    New here! I've recently had a baby 7 months ago (I guess that's not too recent) but after cutting back on eating I've dropped down to 110lbs. I'm wanting to gain healthy weight/muscle.. Any advice on what I can eat and snack on to put on around 10-15 lbs? I'm in the gym around 3-4 times a week now. Hoping to increase that soon to put on a lot of muscle.

  2. New Member
    Mp859's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Age
    25
    Posts
    442
    Rep Power
    79540

    Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFit View Post
    New here! I've recently had a baby 7 months ago (I guess that's not too recent) but after cutting back on eating I've dropped down to 110lbs. I'm wanting to gain healthy weight/muscle.. Any advice on what I can eat and snack on to put on around 10-15 lbs? I'm in the gym around 3-4 times a week now. Hoping to increase that soon to put on a lot of muscle.
    Upping calories will obviously do it. But probably focus on upping protein intake by doing that and keeping carbs relatively low you should be able to accomplish what it is you are trying to.

    I'm sure someone else would be able to chime in,in the nutrition Section
  3. Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,793
    Rep Power
    3874295

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    im assuming you want to put on lean body mass. the reason i say this is because with pure mass, carbs are your best friend. with what you are doing, it will be a slow process. gaining muscle while staying lean (im assuming this is what you want). keep cardio to a minimum, eat clean, and lift heavy and hard.
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com


    •   
       

  4. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,665
    Rep Power
    2038264

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by LiveFit View Post
    New here! I've recently had a baby 7 months ago (I guess that's not too recent) but after cutting back on eating I've dropped down to 110lbs. I'm wanting to gain healthy weight/muscle.. Any advice on what I can eat and snack on to put on around 10-15 lbs? I'm in the gym around 3-4 times a week now. Hoping to increase that soon to put on a lot of muscle.
    I'm dealing with a client now in a similar situation. No baby but she's dieted down and now wants to put on mass, lean mass. Diet and lifting heavy are the two key points, especially for women (since a lot don't train "heavy")

    What is your metabolism like? And how tall are you?

    I have my client on moderate protein, about 1.3gr/lbs body mass and focusing on a moderate/high of good fats. Not a carb cycling diet per say, but carb intake differs on training days vs. non training. Low intensity cardio is plugged in to her routine but nothing crazy
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  5. Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,793
    Rep Power
    3874295

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    I'm dealing with a client now in a similar situation. No baby but she's dieted down and now wants to put on mass, lean mass. Diet and lifting heavy are the two key points, especially for women (since a lot don't train "heavy")

    What is your metabolism like? And how tall are you?

    I have my client on moderate protein, about 1.3gr/lbs body mass and focusing on a moderate/high of good fats. Not a carb cycling diet per say, but carb intake differs on training days vs. non training. Low intensity cardio is plugged in to her routine but nothing crazy

    yeah im training a chick right now trying to get her down 15 -20 pounds then put on some mass. very important to lift heavy.
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com


  6. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,665
    Rep Power
    2038264

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post

    yeah im training a chick right now trying to get her down 15 -20 pounds then put on some mass. very important to lift heavy.
    It's the hard part, she's not new training but she usually has more in the tank than she thinks. Especially on compound movements.

    We did some DC stuff last week and she was always in the 5-7reps on her last RP, waaaay too many. She also said her biceps have never been that sore in her life lol.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  7. Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,793
    Rep Power
    3874295

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Distilled Water View Post
    It's the hard part, she's not new training but she usually has more in the tank than she thinks. Especially on compound movements.

    We did some DC stuff last week and she was always in the 5-7reps on her last RP, waaaay too many. She also said her biceps have never been that sore in her life lol.
    once they get going and understand what they are doing, it will click for them. i just got off of DC and the girl im training was on it for a few weeks and never complained and gave me all she had. on window maker squats, she was shaking on reps 15-20. thats how u know they are pushing their limit!
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com


  8. New Member
    WPChickDiesel's Avatar
    Stats
    5'2"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    44496

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post

    once they get going and understand what they are doing, it will click for them. i just got off of DC and the girl im training was on it for a few weeks and never complained and gave me all she had. on window maker squats, she was shaking on reps 15-20. thats how u know they are pushing their limit!
    "Window maker squats"
    Sounds interesting... Any squat sounds fun to me!
    National Level NPC Competitor
    Sponsored Athlete for Muscle Gauge Nutrition
    www.facebook.com/VanessaValdez.National.Competi tor
  9. Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,793
    Rep Power
    3874295

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by WPChickDiesel View Post
    "Window maker squats"
    Sounds interesting... Any squat sounds fun to me!
    do you know what they are?
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com


  10. New Member
    WPChickDiesel's Avatar
    Stats
    5'2"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    44496

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    do you know what they are?
    No, I've never heard of them. Are they like plie' squats or sumo squats?
    National Level NPC Competitor
    Sponsored Athlete for Muscle Gauge Nutrition
    www.facebook.com/VanessaValdez.National.Competi tor
  11. Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,793
    Rep Power
    3874295

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by WPChickDiesel View Post
    No, I've never heard of them. Are they like plie' squats or sumo squats?

    normal squats. load the bar for what you would do for 10 reps but u have to hit 20 reps. from rep 10-20 you are allowed to pause at the top of the squat and catch your breath or rest for a few seconds
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com


  12. New Member
    WPChickDiesel's Avatar
    Stats
    5'2"   lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    336
    Rep Power
    44496

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    normal squats. load the bar for what you would do for 10 reps but u have to hit 20 reps. from rep 10-20 you are allowed to pause at the top of the squat and catch your breath or rest for a few seconds
    So where did Window Maker come from??? LOL
    Not seeing the relation...
    National Level NPC Competitor
    Sponsored Athlete for Muscle Gauge Nutrition
    www.facebook.com/VanessaValdez.National.Competi tor
  13. Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,793
    Rep Power
    3874295

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by WPChickDiesel View Post
    So where did Window Maker come from??? LOL
    Not seeing the relation...
    thats just what they are called. i didnt make it up lol
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com


  14. Elite Member
    Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,005
    Rep Power
    629264

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Haha it is called a widow maker set. Not necessarily squats but definitely the most common exercise for this type of set. Pretty much you are going to feel like death afterwards if done correctly.
  15. Board Sponsor
    Distilled Water's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    9,665
    Rep Power
    2038264

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I think, and let me reiterate I THINK, it's bc it's designed to kill you (your legs) thus leaving your wife/GF widowed. Similar to the first jack hammers used during the building of the US cross country railroad ;-)

    More common name is from the left coronary artery.

    Just used 2 college classes in 1 am post, feeling really accomplished today
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  16. Advanced Member
    Bigcountry08's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  255 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    665
    Rep Power
    336128

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Good foods you can eat would be.

    Protein's
    Chicken: go to bulk stores I go to GFS and get 40# boxes at about last box I got for 1.44# big box store was 3.75.

    Fish: expensive so I don't buy it often.

    Lean beef: expensive so I don't buy it often.

    Pork: especially loin it's cheap and lean.

    Beans: hummus make it your self low to no oil, falafel, succotash, bean purées, sprouts.

    Eggs: yolks are huge debate I eat 2 whole 6 whites a day, if your working fairly intensely the fat won't even matter and there very good for you.

    I don't touch dairy any more I used to drink a gallon of milk a day, the only thing I use now on occasion is raw buttermilk for making soda bread.

    Carbs

    Sweet potatoes
    Yams
    Potatoes
    Rice: millions of different types
    Quinoa
    Grits
    Oats
    Raisins
    Bananas
    Honey
    Whole breads: rye, wheat, spelt, real pumpernickel

    Fat

    Olive oil
    Flax oil : food additive only, not for cooking
    Sesame seed oil : food additive only, not for cooking
    Butter
    Nuts

    This is what the base of my diet is comprised of. Then I add in veg, and sometimes fruit.
    Bigcountry's Getting a little smaller: Epi/Stano Log

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/231194-bigcountrys-getting-little.html
  17. New Member
    FUBARMD's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  140 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    383
    Rep Power
    380291

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Every food market/store should have a discounted meat/chicken section (soon to expire) I usually stash up when I see decent deals and freeze it immediately to use later on
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. New, need advice on strength gains
    By HUGEPOWER in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-19-2013, 12:50 PM
  2. Need advice on dietary supplement for weight loss.
    By Fun2Train in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-13-2006, 12:00 PM
  3. need advice on if I should cut cycle short
    By adrenalinaddict in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-25-2004, 12:50 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-16-2003, 01:01 PM
  5. Need advice on my "stack"
    By AlexParty in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-06-2003, 11:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in