Stupid or not....

Angela11

Angela11

Awards
If its stupid or not I'm curious. If I don't sweat much does that mean I have a least effective workout than those who sweat a lot??

Deathyetforce

Deathyetforce

Awards
As long as you are pushing yourself one way or another and progressively push harder and harder over time your fitness will improve. Are you pushing yourself?

Landy

Awards
If its stupid or not I'm curious. If I don't sweat much does that mean I have a least effective workout than those who sweat a lot??
Unless you are exercising with the explicit intent of temporary weight loss through loss of water from sweating, I wouldn't say that your workout is less effective because you sweat less.

It's also fairly subjective. Some people simply sweat more than others.

Ultimately you are only competing against yourself. If you can finish your workout and honestly say to yourself that you gave it your all, then what does it matter if the girl/guy next to you produced more sweat during your gym session?

Angela11

Angela11

Awards
As long as you are pushing yourself one way or another and progressively push harder and harder over time your fitness will improve. Are you pushing yourself?
I push myself harder everyday. Although there are times where I will feel like I'm lagging and not working hard. But that's once every two or three weeks

Angela11

Angela11

Awards
Unless you are exercising with the explicit intent of temporary weight loss through loss of water from sweating, I wouldn't say that your workout is less effective because you sweat less.

It's also fairly subjective. Some people simply sweat more than others.

Ultimately you are only competing against yourself. If you can finish your workout and honestly say to yourself that you gave it your all, then what does it matter if the girl/guy next to you produced more sweat during your gym session?
THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I agree with every word you said and that Is what I figured I just let my husbands words "you should be sweating more than that like I do" get to me and doubt myself. I told him some people sweat more than others and it had little to do with it. So thank you for your post

Landy

Awards
THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I agree with every word you said and that Is what I figured I just let my husbands words "you should be sweating more than that like I do" get to me and doubt myself. I told him some people sweat more than others and it had little to do with it. So thank you for your post
No problem at all :0)

I once read a quote - unfortunately I do not know who by - that said:

"The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday."

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sweat doesn't always equate to effort...it's your body's way of modulating it's temperature. Everyone is different in this regard. Keep a log of what you are doing and try to beat it everytime you go...be it more weight or even less rest time between sets. When it is in black and white in front of you there isn't much to be doubted. GL and push yourself.

Nis1

Nis1

Awards
Sweat doesn't always equate to effort...it's your body's way of modulating it's temperature. Everyone is different in this regard. Keep a log of what you are doing and try to beat it everytime you go...be it more weight or even less rest time between sets. When it is in black and white in front of you there isn't much to be doubted. GL and push yourself.
This^^

When my x used to train with me I'd be drenched and she would just get really red in the face. I feel like the majority of girls just don't sweat like guys do.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Girls don't sweat they perspire. Lol

Mp859

Mp859

Awards
I have a friend who sweats like crazy when he is putting half effort and be is in really good shape.

Me on the other hand I don't sweat nearly as much when I'm going hard

It all depends on the person only you know if you are pushing yourself hard enough whether you are dumping sweat or not

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Curious, does your husband workout as well?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Ah, the sideline critic.