Share your routine!!

Angela11

Angela11

Awards
I'm in the process of trying to lose weight, tone up and enhance my overall endurance. What routines/regimens have worked for you or someone you know?? Open minded

Jeniffer

Awards
You should follow this to reduce weight:

Walk in morning and evening.
Drink more water.
Plan your diet.
Do some light exercise.

Angela11

Angela11

Awards
You should follow this to reduce weight:

Walk in morning and evening.
Drink more water.
Plan your diet.
Do some light exercise.
Thanks jeniffer, only thing missing from that is my walks, i just walk through the stores if that counts lol. I've been drinking lots of water, I've planned my diet and I workout about 1hour 30 mins. I was told if I drink one cup of water with one full lemon in the morning I'd lose weight. Do you know if there's any truth to that??

Suga Monsta

Suga Monsta

Awards
I don't know if you're still looking for input...

Generally, I try to do some lifting 3x/week and work on different body parts each day (ie. arms monday//legs wednesday//chest & back friday). After lifting, I will run 1-3 miles depending on time constraints & energy levels. I play indoor soccer on Sundays. On the off days, I may run also.

Whatever you do, it's important that you have fun and you mix cardio & weights. For a while, I did spin classes - so much fun! I also enjoyed kick boxing.

I don't know that the cup of water w/ the lemon has anything to do w/ weight loss other than reducing your calories. Be careful with that though, b/c if you constantly reduce your calories, you can mess up your metabolism. Also, when you starve yourself, you're more likely to binge later.

David07

Awards
Exercise and proper diet are very important to lose weight and improve fitness. Avoid all high protein food like meats, nuts, grains, cheese, fast foods, fried and dairy products. Go for walking, running, cycling, practice push ups, bench press and chair squat. It burns fat,make strong bones and muscles, boost energy, improve heart functions and improve fitness.

Dulce

Dulce

Awards
. Avoid all high protein food like meats, nuts.
WTF o_O

My diet (currently slowly leaning):
-high protein, low carb with one controlled carb refeed day/wk
-140-150 grams protein, less than 100 grams carbs day, 1300 calories/day with a refeed day of 2300 calories

Excercise routine
4x/wk
2 days upper/2 days lower
upper body:
bench press
bicep curls
shoulder press
tricep pulldowns (i dont know the proper name for it)
face pulls
pull ups
pull downs
rows

lower body:
squats
leg press
adductor
abducter
leg extensions

Its a good thing to incorporate ab workouts and cardio. I just refuse to do them. Not a good thing however, its not worth it to me (though I know it should be).

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
. Avoid all high protein food like meats

Ummmm....avoid advice from this guy!!

Protein feeds your muscles. Muscle stimulation burns fat, you do the math. Look into HIIT (high intensity interval training). It sounds hard, and I'm not gonna lie, it is! But if you want to get into overall better condition, this, coupled with a diet high in lean meats/protein are where it's at. If keeping a strict diet is hard for you, my wife just started NutraSystem and has lost over 10 lbs in around 3 weeks....but she works HARD in the gym as well.

Ryguy872

Awards
"
Exercise and proper diet are very important to lose weight and improve fitness. Avoid all high protein food like meats, nuts, grains, cheese, fast foods, fried and dairy products. Go for walking, running, cycling, practice push ups, bench press and chair squat. It burns fat,make strong bones and muscles, boost energy, improve heart functions and improve fitness.
"

Umm... Protein is only bad if your kidney is failing, meat, especially white meat, is one of the most pure sources of healthy protein and BCAAs, nuts are a great source of good fats (not protein), and grains are 89% carbohydrates (also not protein).

It is a good idea to stay away from fried foods and dairy however. He (she?) did get that right.

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
David 07? WRONG!!!!!! Water n lemon? For the taste , maybe...:) anyway walking doesn't count . If u wanna drop weight u gotta sweat.. A PWR walk ? Much better:) eat 5 small meals a day, all including some type of protein( your choice) , carbs- only till 3pm non after, greens n veggies with each meal, drink more then plenty of water..,. Good luck girl:) u can do it....

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
N yes don't forget good fats :) almonds, nuts, coconut oil, all natural pnut butter,( small hand full, or tbl spoon) depends which one u choose .. Once or twice a day:)