How much weight to start with so there is no overwhelming DOMS?

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well some of the women at work want to go to the gym with me and seem to think I know everything about working out since my results have been visibly approved.

They wish to focus on abs, gluts, quadraceps, and calves.

How do you calculate how much weight to start with? Too much and the soreness is unbearable and lessens motiviation for new folk. Too little and no benefit is felt.

Perhaps it is all by feel but asking in case there is a formula based on weight, age, gender,etc.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They were mid-20s and about normal weight for Miami. They gave up after the 1 week free trial. Too much dedication for them. Prefer partying.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Theres no formula to prevent DOMS.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
They were mid-20s and about normal weight for Miami. They gave up after the 1 week free trial. Too much dedication for them. Prefer partying.
thats because girls are fukin stupid

i just tell them if they arnt sore, they did it wring. if they are sore, they did it right. false as hell but i dont care cuz young women are quitters when it comes to fitness

dafuq is up with 77sem77 always buming dead threads

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thats because girls are fukin stupid

i just tell them if they arnt sore, they did it wring. if they are sore, they did it right. false as hell but i dont care cuz young women are quitters when it comes to fitness

dafuq is up with 77sem77 always buming dead threads
If it isn't a few months it isn't touching it haha. This is why I don't like training with females personally. They usually don't know how hard they can push it. After a set they look like they haven't even done anything. Again this is my personal experience and I know there are females that go hard.