Please help me get started - AnabolicMinds.com

Please help me get started

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  135 lbs.

Please help me get started

Hello everyone. Im new to the fitness world and would like some advice on where to begin. Im 40 yo, 5'4" 135. I want to become more fit but I have some medical problems to contend with. I have mild scoliosis at the top and bottom of my spine. A car accident 15 years ago made it worse. I also have lordosis(tail bone curves too much) Three partial fusions in my right ankle from the car accident. Also I have a flat neck from the accident. Lastly osteo arthritis thoughout my body. I thought about starting p90x, but I dont really want to lose any weight. I would like to start weight training to strengthen my body but I dont know how to begin. Any advice on a program I could start with would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by stoopid View Post
    Hello everyone. Im new to the fitness world and would like some advice on where to begin. Im 40 yo, 5'4" 135. I want to become more fit but I have some medical problems to contend with. I have mild scoliosis at the top and bottom of my spine. A car accident 15 years ago made it worse. I also have lordosis(tail bone curves too much) Three partial fusions in my right ankle from the car accident. Also I have a flat neck from the accident. Lastly osteo arthritis thoughout my body. I thought about starting p90x, but I dont really want to lose any weight. I would like to start weight training to strengthen my body but I dont know how to begin. Any advice on a program I could start with would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Hello!!

Welcome, and I'm sorry to hear about all of your health issues. Have you been taking some sort of physical therapy, and if so for how long? I would suggest hiring a trainer that works specifically with ppl that have your type of injuries, that way you don't hurt yourself any worse while trying to gain strength

Similar Forum Threads

1. Help me get started please
    By Egreg123 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-05-2011, 08:31 PM
  2. TIPS Please- Help Me Get Back Into THe Routine
    By IronMarc in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-01-2008, 08:08 AM
  3. Please Help me Get some results
    By kmcl in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-17-2008, 09:37 PM
  4. Want to get out of Cingular contract. Please help me fast!
    By blahblah192 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-15-2006, 11:54 PM
  5. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 05-12-2003, 06:20 PM