Please help me get started

stoopid

Awards
Hello everyone. Im new to the fitness world and would like some advice on where to begin. Im 40 yo, 5'4" 135. I want to become more fit but I have some medical problems to contend with. I have mild scoliosis at the top and bottom of my spine. A car accident 15 years ago made it worse. I also have lordosis(tail bone curves too much) Three partial fusions in my right ankle from the car accident. Also I have a flat neck from the accident. Lastly osteo arthritis thoughout my body. I thought about starting p90x, but I dont really want to lose any weight. I would like to start weight training to strengthen my body but I dont know how to begin. Any advice on a program I could start with would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
Hello everyone. Im new to the fitness world and would like some advice on where to begin. Im 40 yo, 5'4" 135. I want to become more fit but I have some medical problems to contend with. I have mild scoliosis at the top and bottom of my spine. A car accident 15 years ago made it worse. I also have lordosis(tail bone curves too much) Three partial fusions in my right ankle from the car accident. Also I have a flat neck from the accident. Lastly osteo arthritis thoughout my body. I thought about starting p90x, but I dont really want to lose any weight. I would like to start weight training to strengthen my body but I dont know how to begin. Any advice on a program I could start with would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Hello!!

Welcome, and I'm sorry to hear about all of your health issues. Have you been taking some sort of physical therapy, and if so for how long? I would suggest hiring a trainer that works specifically with ppl that have your type of injuries, that way you don't hurt yourself any worse while trying to gain strength :)