Macro Help!

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. I see people that are able to keep their carbs under 80g/day eating that much & I can never seem to get mine below 110g/day. Any suggestions on high protein/low cal foods other than eggs? I eat 10 egg whites a day.

2. Quote Originally Posted by missbeast View Post
    I see people that are able to keep their carbs under 80g/day eating that much & I can never seem to get mine below 110g/day. Any suggestions on high protein/low cal foods other than eggs? I eat 10 egg whites a day.
    What's wrong with carbs? I eat 400g a day.
    •   

3. The more carbs I eat, the more fat weight I gain. When my carbs are low(er), I am much more lean!

4. Quote Originally Posted by missbeast View Post
    The more carbs I eat, the more fat weight I gain. When my carbs are low(er), I am much more lean!
    lol , fat gain comes from a high caloric surplus, count calories. Carbs have nothing inherently wrong about them, just keep a balance in your macros.

For protein sources, dairy, beef, poultry, seafood...there's a lot of options missie!
    >SNS-Glycophase<
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Rep

5. Quote Originally Posted by missbeast View Post
    The more carbs I eat, the more fat weight I gain. When my carbs are low(er), I am much more lean!
    More likely water than fat.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    More likely water than fat.
    Yup, water and glycogen more than anything .
    >SNS-Glycophase<

7. Quote Originally Posted by missbeast View Post
    So, according to the Harris Benedict Equation my BMR is 2239.05. To gain 1lb a week it says to consume an additional 500 calories. So I should be intaking 2739.05 a day?! I am extremely active so I guess the number shouldn't surprise me, but I thought taking in 2200 a day was a lot. Apparently not. Makes sense why I am not gaining the weight/mass I want. Does that seem right to you guys?? 2740 calories a day? That is an insane amount of food!
    Or you could cut down on cardio and that would cut energy expenditure and you wouldn't have to eat as much

8. Quote Originally Posted by missbeast View Post
    I see people that are able to keep their carbs under 80g/day eating that much & I can never seem to get mine below 110g/day. Any suggestions on high protein/low cal foods other than eggs? I eat 10 egg whites a day.
    Why are you looking for low cal foods when you have a hard time hitting daily calorie totals? For the addition of lean muscle you need to be in caloric surplus. Stop throwing away the most nutritious part of the egg. Eat whole eggs. Healthy fats, vitamins, protein. It's a cheap and easy way to up your calories

9. So with the water & glycogen... is there a way to regulate it? Man, I feel so STUPID not knowing this stuff. Ah, I guess we all have to start somewhere eh?

Sharie

10. I am most definitely NOT looking for low cal foods by any means, I just need to keep my carb intake under control. Also, how often do you guys recommend refeeding?

11. Quote Originally Posted by missbeast View Post
    So with the water & glycogen... is there a way to regulate it? Man, I feel so STUPID not knowing this stuff. Ah, I guess we all have to start somewhere eh?

Sharie
    Healthy amount of cardio, tanning, sauna can help shed out the water...but you need to gain the glycogen weight too. Glycogen will help a lot in sarcoplasmic hypertrophy sets, and in those taxing high repetition exercises needed to build muscle (well you do need myofibrillar hypertrophy too, but it's part of it).
    >SNS-Glycophase<

12. Quote Originally Posted by missbeast View Post
    I am most definitely NOT looking for low cal foods by any means, I just need to keep my carb intake under control. Also, how often do you guys recommend refeeding?
    If you really want to go Keto or "Low carb" style, every 5-7 days I would say, depending on how much you are taxing the glycogen reserves.
    >SNS-Glycophase<

13. Sigh, you basically just spoke to me in a foreign scientific language that I can't understand LOL fail on me

14. Cel- you killing it today lol

15. Quote Originally Posted by missbeast View Post
    Sigh, you basically just spoke to me in a foreign scientific language that I can't understand LOL fail on me
    Google cyclical keto diet
  16. Found this article on Bodybuilding.com.. thoughts?

I found an article on hypertrophy training & it says that you should only work out 3 times per week...
    Working out only 3x a week doesn't sound like enough.. I am used to training 6 to 7 days a week. However, it wouldn't surprise me if I overtrain.. currently I am following Sandi Griffins plan which consists of training 7 days a week.. she's pretty hardcore. I tried posting the link to her work out, but it won't let me because I don't have enough posts (stupid). But she does 4 sets of 3-5 exercises per body part and her training sessions are 7 days a week....

Thoughts?

Sharie

17. That could also be why you aren't growing 7 days a week means no rest. Rest means muscle growth. The 10x10 you into work out 3 days but you beat your body to the point that you need to rest.

18. Quote Originally Posted by missbeast View Post
    I found an article on hypertrophy training & it says that you should only work out 3 times per week...
    Working out only 3x a week doesn't sound like enough.. I am used to training 6 to 7 days a week. However, it wouldn't surprise me if I overtrain.. currently I am following Sandi Griffins plan which consists of training 7 days a week.. she's pretty hardcore. I tried posting the link to her work out, but it won't let me because I don't have enough posts (stupid). But she does 4 sets of 3-5 exercises per body part and her training sessions are 7 days a week....

Thoughts?

Sharie
    If you have training experience and you know about proper form in compounds, then use this article to help you out:

http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-f...ated-2011.html
    >SNS-Glycophase<

19. Quote Originally Posted by pampers938 View Post
    That could also be why you aren't growing 7 days a week means no rest. Rest means muscle growth. The 10x10 you into work out 3 days but you beat your body to the point that you need to rest.
    Rest, overtraining and workout volume are terms that are particularly misunderstood sometimes. The problem is the volume some people handle 6-7 days a week, the neglect for worrying about TUT, and the lack of knowledge in Muscle Fiber type and the difference between Sarcoplasmic and Myofibrillar Hypertrophy.
    >SNS-Glycophase<

20. Very true.

21. Quote Originally Posted by pampers938 View Post
    rest means muscle growth.
    Nailed.
    Psalms 62:1-62:2

22. Caloric Surplus + Rest = Growth actually...rest all you want, if you are not on a surplus (or AAS haha) you just won't grow .
    >SNS-Glycophase<

23. Thanks. I don't much I just know what worked for me an I didn't start growing until I turned it down a notch. And not to mention I have broken all my PRs.

24. I really like the thought of staying in the 3-5 rep range. I love going heavy! If I am only doing 3-5 reps, I can majorly up my weights on everything I do. Great info, thank you!

25. 5x5 really helped me push my gains and PRs

26. Quote Originally Posted by missbeast View Post
    I really like the thought of staying in the 3-5 rep range. I love going heavy! If I am only doing 3-5 reps, I can majorly up my weights on everything I do. Great info, thank you!
    Low reps does not automatically build up to mass, it will build strength...and a stronger muscle can become a bigger muscle. Do not confuse strength testing with strength growing, even worse...with mass gaining.

High repetition work has it's place in mass gaining.
    >SNS-Glycophase<

27. Quote Originally Posted by missbeast View Post
    PR's?
    Personal records.
    >SNS-Glycophase<

28. Quote Originally Posted by missbeast View Post
    PR's?
    Personal record
    Psalms 62:1-62:2

29. SO NOT UP TO DATE ON ALL THIS LINGO. Such a newb. Ugh.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Macro Help
    By jbotelho6791 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-11-2012, 04:09 PM
  2. Macro help
    By pantherdude63 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-02-2012, 09:38 AM
  3. Cut macro help
    By ih8uselessppl in forum Weight Loss