Workout and diet plan help

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone.
I just inspired/guilt tripped my female friend at work into starting a serious workout and diet plan. I've trained my guy friends and helped them to lose fat and gain some muscle, but I have no experience training women. I'm more of the lift heavy iron type, and she isn't into that. I don't really buy into those (sissy) workouts with 3lb weights, but maybe you know better than me. So I'm hoping some of you can help me create a plan that will work for her.
First off, she's 38, 155, about 30%bf (rough estimate with my calipers). I'm looking for macro nutrient ratios and calorie requirements too. Thank you!

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
dont blow her mind with macros. just teach her to count calories first and how to eat below maintenance. and ease her into the lifting scene because cardio bunnies fail, it gets too boring. start her on an array of mchines for awhile, no free weights till the life style sets in. i like having women do a form of peripheral heart action training (PHA) they seem to enjoy that style. its basicly switching between upper-lower every exercise. so somethhing like chest press machine-leg press-lat pulldown-leg curls-core. something along those lines. 3 times a week and if they want, some extra cardio but thats there call

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
dont blow her mind with macros. just teach her to count calories first and how to eat below maintenance. and ease her into the lifting scene because cardio bunnies fail, it gets too boring. start her on an array of mchines for awhile, no free weights till the life style sets in. i like having women do a form of peripheral heart action training (PHA) they seem to enjoy that style. its basicly switching between upper-lower every exercise. so somethhing like chest press machine-leg press-lat pulldown-leg curls-core. something along those lines. 3 times a week and if they want, some extra cardio but thats there call
Okay great. She just did her first HIIT cardio workout and loved it.

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
Okay great. She just did her first HIIT cardio workout and loved it.
if you find something she loves, then stick with it. once they been solid for 2 months, the lifestyle will set in and theyll start thinking of the gym as a hobby instead of a chore

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
True. Good advice. She's really fighting me on counting calories. So I'm gonna get her to tell me what she eats in a typical day and take it from there. She hardly eats anything at work, so I fear her metabolism has gone into starvation mode. Hopefully working out will increase her appetite

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
if she has a smart phone, just get her to use an app. makes it 10x easier. mynetdiary hamongst others has a bar scanner so you just scan the food and put in the servings

pistol345

pistol345

Awards
  • Established
Yea. I use fat secret, so I'll get her to use that too. I recently had trouble finding it online tho, so maybe it went down or something